Home
Posted By: 1minute Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
Did a run today primarily for mule deer. Saw six or seven bucks but they were either hustling away or already at great distances. Bunnies, hawks, pheasants, and coyotes were all on the run too. She did come across a Great Horned Owl, however, that looked to be taking advantage of the sun's warming rays.

[Linked Image]

Have a good one,
+1 for Cookie.

Great picture!
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
Wow what a shot. what info as far as camera and settings?
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
Doesn’t look too happy about the photo being taken but great shot.
Posted By: Santiam Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
Awesome...
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
camera and settings?

Have to go look that up.

Canon EOS 70D with a Canon 500mm at F7.1, ISO 100, and 1/800 sec.

Was nice to find one in the sun and no twigs in the way. Had to stomp around a bit to get the eyes open.
Posted By: pdXammo Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/01/18
Originally Posted by 1minute
camera and settings?

Have to go look that up.

Canon EOS 70D with a Canon 500mm at F7.1, ISO 100, and 1/800 sec.

Was nice to find one in the sun and no twigs in the way. Had to stomp around a bit to get the eyes open.

800mm effective FL , bringing the big gun. Nice shot.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/07/18
I always love Cookie's photos - very inspiring! Does she have a link to share where I/we could check out all of her work?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/07/18
Sweet!

Geno
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/07/18
Nebraska:
Thanks for the positive comments. I'll pass them along. Photography is strictly a hobby, so she does not have a web page or marketing site. I rummage through her stuff and post something from time to time that folks might be interested in.

Guess I could put up a link to our old Photobucket source. There are 5 or 600 images there that one could cruise if desired. Their resolution though is only about 15% of the originals, and we'll likely not use them any more since they've gone super commercial.

For recent stuff, I've gone to the Postimage.org site. Will check and see if I can put up a link to that site.

Link to Some of Cookie's Posted Images on Photobucket

Edited: Will have to do a little more work to figure out public access to the Postimage site.

Posted By: Nebraska Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/13/18
Thanks.....checking those out now. That Bald Eagle flying over the water is outstanding!!!
Posted By: JeffG Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/13/18
Thanks for sharing that portfolio! The couple you had of the bobcat, just wow!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/13/18
Thanks guys. It's another reason for us to get out, regardless of season. Feel free to use as desired. Have a good one,
Posted By: rong Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/14/18
Owls are one of my favorite birds,very cool critters,although this one does not look impressed as to being awaken.
Awesome pic as always.
thanks for sharing these.
Posted By: duckster Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/21/18
Saw this guy in our backyard
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/21/18
ID?

Given the likely shading, a good shot!
Posted By: duckster Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/21/18
I am not any sort of bird expert. Not a large owl, just a bit larger than a dove. There were 3 of them in the tree, so maybe young ones
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Cookie Got an Owl Today - 01/22/18
Looks like a screech owl. They can be pretty tame at times. A friend of mine is a serious nature photographer. He has taken pictures of brown bears catching salmon in Alaska, among other things. The coolest thing he photographed was snowy owls at the New Jersey shore. They migrate south during bitter winters (like this one) and hunt mice and whatever else on the beach. It looks weird to see a white owl on a sandy beach!
© 24hourcampfire