Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What a great day. Santa Sony delivered the new Sony RX100 MK 6. The camera has a 24-200 zoom along with the awesome 1" sensor. We only have a few.
Also just received are the super hard to get 100-400mm lens, great for wildlife photography, the 85mm 1.4 and the 70-200F4, great lens at a reasonable price

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.
Yeah, saw the Sony RX100 MK 6 last week... talk about the "ultimate" P&S.
It is awesome. Great zoom, terrific in low light and amazing video
Joel is the RX100 VI weather sealed? I couldn’t find the answer on Sony’s site.
If it's like my RX100 MKI, it's not.
One of the reasons I went with an upper end mirrorless SLR was for the combination of relative compactness and weather sealing. For the record, I bought it from Joel.

I’ve been hoping that one of these super duper P&S’s would offer weather sealing.
I'm not really sure what "weather sealing" is... having drug cameras all over the world, I've never found a need for that sort of thing. If I'm in a canoe or raft the camera goes in an appropriate container.

My only issue with P&S cameras is, unlike mirrorless, the inability to clean/keep dust off the sensor. That's why I'll never be a candidate for one in the MKVI price range.

My ideal camera would be a mirrorless, with micro 4/3rds or 1" sensor, with a battery life of at least 300 shots, under 12 oz's, with a 24mm - 75mm lens at f 1.8 - f3 +/-
Weather sealing for me means, exactly that, dust sealing and some resistance resistance to moisture.

I’m not looking to shower with it. I’ve got a vacuum sealer for that... grin

A camera with the Sony FX100’s foot print, speed, and functional quality with a rugged robustness that would allow for carefree rough and tumble pocketability would be very valuable to me.
I've yet to see a P&S, sans full waterproofing, that couldn't get sensor dust.

But I'm often wrong... laugh
Ya'll need one of these;
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...rx100a_underwater_housing_for_rx100.html

I've got a Mark IV and I think it's great for what it is (FWIW, I think it's significantly better than the Mark I). But that 70-200 equivalent @F4.0 got my attention.
It is not weather proof. It is well sealed and dust will not be an issue getting into the camera. Most cameras, in a light rain are ok, just NEVER submerge them. Common sense, but you would be surprised what people bring in for repairs!!
Dust gets into all cameras, especially P&S cameras, whose bellows-like lenses suck in dust... here’s a good discussion on Sony RX100 dust:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50190235

And more:

http://steven-pam.tumblr.com/post/63141455133/rx100-mk-ii-impressions
We have sold a lot of this series since they came out. We do a nice repair, cleaning business and there have been virtually no dust issues with these. Most point and shoots at this level have been ok. The $200 and under can be troublesome.
I've been reading about the 6 vs the 5.

What's you guys thoughts about the f/1.8-2.8 on the 5 vs. the f/2.8-4.5 on the 6, real world.

GWB
The trade off here is the zoom for the low light. Every photographer has different needs. You need to determine do you want the long zoom or the fast f stop. The 5 and 6 are both superb cameras
© 24hourcampfire