Home
Posted By: ironbender Camera Battery - 03/13/19
Need a battery for a Canon Rebel.

Aftermarket or worthwhile staying with Canon brand battery?

Have you used aftermarket?
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Camera Battery - 03/13/19
Aftermarket will work but the consensus is to stick with OEM batteries.
My personal experience is that the camera aftermarket batteries do not hold a charge are long as OEM and generally have a shorter life. I have also heard/read reports of aftermarkets damaging DSLR cameras.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Camera Battery - 03/13/19
Despite having mAh ratings equal to the OEM battery, I have not had an aftermarket battery hold a charge as long while shooting They seem to last only 1/2 to 2/3 the time that an OEM provides. For aftermarket, I have used Promaster and Green Extreme for my Nikon D90, 600, 810, and Promaster for a Canon P&S.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Camera Battery - 03/14/19
Thanks. I'll stick w Canon batteries.
Posted By: CameraLand Re: Camera Battery - 03/22/19
We have been selling Promaster batteries for about 20 years. They last as long as the original MFG batteries or longer and we give members here a lifetime warranty and they cost less.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Camera Battery - 03/24/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Need a battery for a Canon Rebel.

Aftermarket or worthwhile staying with Canon brand battery?

Have you used aftermarket?

If I can't go OEM...it's Lenmar or bust,whether P&S,DSLR or Video Cameras.

Hint................
Posted By: 1minute Re: Camera Battery - 03/26/19
Next time one has a battery that dies, carefully open the case and see what's inside. Many companies assemble a cosmic hard plastic case, and upon opening one finds two or three standard sized batteries taped together inside. With a little work and 1/10th the cost, one can often simply do a rebuild.

Had some expensive telemetry equipment once with the company charging $80 for one time use batteries. Turns out there was a $12 camcorder battery inside.
© 24hourcampfire