Home
A 4-day outing south with 2 objectives. One, try out our new travel trailer, and two, get some Rock Chuck/Yellow Bellied Marmot pics.

Scored on the Marmot with some good portraits
[Linked Image]

A young pup
[Linked Image]

And an ever vigilant parent
[Linked Image]

The real prize though - a rare opportunity at a Virginia Rail. These guys are always about in our marshy areas, often heard, but never seen.
With the new toy immediately adjacent to a small spring creek, Cookie noticed a Rail sneaking through the vegetation as she was reading by a window.
[Linked Image]

This one was a new parent, however, and the need to feed brought it out of cover to secure groceries for itself and a six member brood.
[Linked Image]

The travel trailer is fine, but I'm used to tent camping with no worries about generators, water tanks, batteries, leveling systems, etc. Seems to make Cookie happy though, so I guess we'll be forced to keep it.
[Linked Image]

Have a good one,
Great pics. I have been out Birding a bunch lately and getting some good pics. I have seen and photographed Sora here in Michigan last year but have yet to see or hear a Virginia Rail.
I have seen the Virginia rail but couldn't hear one if I had to. Guess it is time for hearing aids. Great photos. God Bless. Rusty
The young marmot and rail with chick images stand out for me.
Great shots....... cool smile
Awesome!

John
Nice,enjoy your trailer..
© 24hourcampfire