Home
Posted By: northern_dave Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/04/19
My wife is trying to make the change from lightroom 5 to lightroom CC because lightroom 5 doesn't recognize the raw files from her new 80D. (Without a DWG converter)

She's trying a one month subscription for lightroom CC and so far she is very much unimpressed. Photo editing wise it comes across as having similar capabilities to that of any modern smart phone. (Slight exaggeration)

Any input for us as far as to "stick with it, give it a chance" or, "try this instead "?
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/04/19
I can't be of help as I am using PS, not LR. I would think LR CC would be as good or better than her LR5.
We also thought is should be an upgrade. Maybe it actually is, but we seem to be missing some adjustment features that we had with LR5.

You are using photoshop?
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/05/19
Sounds like she is using cc rather than classic cc. Big difference between the two, One sucks and the other doesn't.
I use Lightroom (Creative Cloud) virtually every day. I shoot 300-500 photos every week RAW and Lightroom is essential. The workflow to process each photo is indispensable. I do use photoshop to adjust reflections perhaps 1 in 25 shots, one definitely goes with the other.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/06/19
There are two versions for creative cloud and the classic creative cloud is pretty much like the latest stand alone versions of Lightroom. If Dave's wife if familiar with lightroom 5 and is unimpressed with cc, she is not using Classic CC.
I will look and try to see if she is using the classic version.

She used to "export" worked raw files and save for screen or for printing, depending on what the fule would be used for. She doesn't have any of that anymore. Its just "save as" with a "small, medium, large" file size options.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/07/19
The CC Classic version is included with the CC subscription but needs to be downloaded separately from the Adobe site (same with PS). The Classic version is just like LR6 but with slight changes to reflect the latest version (8.xx).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
There are two versions for creative cloud and the classic creative cloud is pretty much like the latest stand alone versions of Lightroom. If Dave's wife if familiar with lightroom 5 and is unimpressed with cc, she is not using Classic CC.

Hey thanks very much. She was using CC. Ve logged into adobe account online, got into our downloads and there we see everything we were missing. Downloading classic now.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/07/19
Easy peasy.
Thanks for the help
she's back in business.

photo from yesterday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pdXammo Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/08/19
I despise Adobe now...
Posted By: duckster Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/28/19
The newest versions of iOS have a more complete suite of functions for Photos. I have been using that with both RAW and Jpeg and like it. I am strictly a hobby photographer, however
Posted By: 1minute Re: Lightroom CC opinions? - 07/29/19
Northern Dave:

Good depth of field on the orchids. Nice shot.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Northern Dave:

Good depth of field on the orchids. Nice shot.

Thanks, I'll pass it along to the boss. grin
© 24hourcampfire