Home
Wondering what it might be capable of ???
Don't have one yet, but am planning on it. Same basic case capacity as 264 win, should be able to push 140's to 3150 with a 26", 3100 with a 24". Plenty fast for a bullet with that much BC. I noticed dies are coming in stock at Brownells. I planned on buying a few boxes of factory for break in, then reload them with 140 elite hunters.
I’m seriously considering a backcountry ti in the rpm. I’ve never owned a Weatherby but I can’t build a sub 5 pound rifle for under 3k. The one report on the rpm I have seen here (DVRamrod I believe) was very positive. Hopefully others have now had time to play and will weigh in.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I’m seriously considering a backcountry ti in the rpm. I’ve never owned a Weatherby but I can’t build a sub 5 pound rifle for under 3k. The one report on the rpm I have seen here (DVRamrod I believe) was very positive. Hopefully others have now had time to play and will weigh in.
.................Well in case you have seen this yet,,,Todd Helms has a great review of the Backcountry Ti on you tube. However the round he was shooting was the 6.5/300.
If you look up Gritty on YouTube, Brian Call and his buddy have been hunting with the Weatherby ti in 6.5 rpm killing black bears and have been impressed with the results.
Well, gonna be picking up my " newly comfigured " RPM today.....hoping its gonna be sub m.o.a !!
Originally Posted by elkivory
Well, gonna be picking up my " newly comfigured " RPM today.....hoping its gonna be sub m.o.a !!

What did you go with?
a factory t3x superlite 6.5 creedmore opened up to the rpm...if it shoots like my creedmore in that rifle, or close, i am gonna be happy !
a factory t3x superlite 6.5 creedmore opened up to the rpm...if it shoots like my creedmore in that rifle, or close, i am gonna be happy !

Dang, that should be a rocket ship.
hoping, !!!!!!!!! alot of money, but my favorite hunting rifle configuration !

👍
Who did you have do the work?
Dave Sullivan..."Westwind Rifles"
Dave Sullivan..."Westwind Rifles"

Thank you.
Definitely looking forward to your report.
Seems like a good way to get a rpm.
Originally Posted by Calvin

After some of the comments on the current Weatherby thread, looking even more so.

Elk - did you go superlight for the extra barrel length over the standard light or because it was what was “available?”

After some of the comments on the current Weatherby thread, looking even more so.

That funky recoil pad on the Weatherby just looks like trouble, and the one in that thread isn't the first I have seen that looks like that.

But don't overlook the standard Weathermark. At 6.25 pounds with the 6-lug action in the RPM, Cerakote, TriggerTech trigger, a nice stock (with a normal recoil pad), and a $1300 street price it's a pretty nice package.
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
[That funky recoil pad on the Weatherby just looks like trouble, and the one in that thread isn't the first I have seen that looks like that.

What is wrong with the "funky recoil pad"? What trouble do you expect?

Elk - did you go superlight for the extra barrel length over the standard light or because it was what was “available?”

My favorite hunting rifles to date are tikka superlites, but they have yet to offer a souped up 6.5.......the creedmore to the rpm was the simplest remedy considering i have other tikkas with magazines that i can use
Originally Posted by Ringman
[That funky recoil pad on the Weatherby just looks like trouble, and the one in that thread isn't the first I have seen that looks like that.

What is wrong with the "funky recoil pad"? What trouble do you expect?

Have seen this a couple times. There is a thread on it in the Hunting Rifle topic (Weatherby Wyoming Quality).

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
MA-an!
Any updates elkivory?
yes.... i just spent 30 minutes typing out the story, making it as entertaining as possible and the wife came in and said i got 5 minutes....show me the meme.........
changed screens , went back, and it was gone ! ..........screw it ! ........
Bottom line : had over 8 hours of time invested, 1/2 of it just in driving, the other, in finally getting ready to shooting it, once set up ,.... realized i didnt bring a chair ,,,,,,,
.........................................bought beer on way home, cause i never pulled the trigger.......................If i get over it and go shoot it, thats when i will report.........at least it is scoped and bore sighted at this point !!!
Got out with a buddy yesterday !
Conditions were ideal, but the bench was alittle wobbly on the mnt. and the trigger is set way to heavy !
However, the gun was running slightly over 3100 fps (3120 average ?) with the factory 140 accubonds and was cutting holes at 103 yards so i was quite pleased...
So the 6.5 RPM can be built on a Tikka Creedmoor with just setting the barrel back and cutting the chamber, along with removing the bolt stop? That would be a sweet combo
Ordered a Weathermark LT in 6.5 RPM yesterday, and 100 rounds of factory ammo, as brass is not readily available right now. Plan on trying 130 Accubonds in it first, have a bunch of them that were given to me. Hoping this becomes my go to deer rifle.
Originally Posted by 2five7
Ordered a Weathermark LT in 6.5 RPM yesterday, and 100 rounds of factory ammo, as brass is not readily available right now. Plan on trying 130 Accubonds in it first, have a bunch of them that were given to me. Hoping this becomes my go to deer rifle.

That's a very nice looking rifle.

Once fired brass is available on the Weatherby site.
Elk Ivory whats your barrel length ? What magazine are you going to use? Let us know velocitys please. Thanks
Originally Posted by 2five7

That's a very nice looking rifle.

Once fired brass is available on the Weatherby site.

Where did you see the brass? I'm not finding it on the website?
Originally Posted by Oakster
So the 6.5 RPM can be built on a Tikka Creedmoor with just setting the barrel back and cutting the chamber, along with removing the bolt stop? That would be a sweet combo

It would and it's a good idea but I'm not crazy about the 22-in barrel
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by Oakster

It would and it's a good idea but I'm not crazy about the 22-in barrel

The one elkivory had done was on a 24.3” SL.
Originally Posted by Cloudrnnr

Where did you see the brass? I'm not finding it on the website?

https://weatherby.com/store/once-fired-brass-20-count/
© 24hourcampfire