Home
Posted By: nealglen37 Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/14/20
I hope you guys can help me. I can't seem to get a bio-pod to fit correctly to my JC Higgins 50 in 270. The bio-pod would attach, but I always had to extend a leg a little longer to be level. I decided to use a barrel bi-pod like the one shown below. While I was using this bi-pod a guy at the range said it would severely affect my accuracy, I told him thanks for the heads up. Do you agree this barrel bi-pod will affect my accuracy? If so I will go back to the bi-pod that attaches to the swivel and just live with it. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-High-Barrel-Clamp-Bipod/dp/B00A7AB80E
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/14/20
Yes, it will have an effect on barrel harmonics and change your point of impact. If you have it installed when you zero your rifle you are taking that into account. Zeroing without it, then installing it is where you will have a problem.
Thanks
Posted By: Sheister Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/14/20
Get a Harris bipod in the swivel version. You can then turn your rifle to level it up as necessary ... problem solved....

Bob
Originally Posted by Sheister
Get a Harris bipod in the swivel version. You can then turn your rifle to level it up as necessary ... problem solved....

Bob

Good suggestion
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/15/20
Make sure it`s a Harris...the other brand I see is junk.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/17/20
I don't care for attached bi-pods, the weight and balance are a nuisance to me. I use separate bi-pods and tri-pods like the trigger stick or Bog Pod. More versatile as they can go from prone to standing.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/18/20
For realz?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/23/20
I build 3 or 4 rifles a year and they get new bipods.
For years it was Harris swivel or Atlas.

Now the Chinese counterfeit Harris seem to get through a hunting season without problems.

And I found something new that actually works.
Magpul
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMBTFDC

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 07/23/20
And they can be uses as walking sticks.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I build 3 or 4 rifles a year and they get new bipods.
For years it was Harris swivel or Atlas.

Now the Chinese counterfeit Harris seem to get through a hunting season without problems.

And I found something new that actually works.
Magpul
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMBTFDC

[Linked Image]

Nice looking rifle...
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 10/23/20

Bob

THIS
Posted By: pete53 Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 10/23/20
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm

Bob

THIS

agreed, i have used Harris bipods for many years longest animal kill 1st shot was 750 yards excellent bi-pods !
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: Bi-pod type and accuracy - 10/23/20
ATLAS!!!!
© 24hourcampfire