Home
https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/15/snip...lds-second-longest-combat-kill-17759807/

I plugged that into quickload /quicktarget and there would be a lot of bullet drop [3,293 inches] and wind drift [276 inches for 10 mph wind].

The rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipex_Alligator

Uke wind speed
https://www.google.com/search?q=ave...336j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
One thing I've always appreciated is honest reporting, particularly about wars on foreign soil.
Ghost of....??
It was babushka's cat turned sniper ....

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
A Canadian has the record for the longest Confirmed Kill Shot in Combat in History, 3,870 yards!

At least we are good for a few things, right? hehe

Cheers ~ Darren
Originally Posted by KillerBee
A Canadian has the record for the longest Confirmed Kill Shot in Combat in History, 3,870 yards!

Cheers ~ Darren
Well he was using US ammo.šŸ˜
And most likely a P1917~

When I go hunting, I don't leave home without mine ;o)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That is a BIG rifle! 655 gr of water, 14 mm bullet šŸ˜Š
Imagine the effect on the enemy would be demoralizing.
Used a Wyoming Arms, from what I heard.
Similar to the .50 BMG?
Originally Posted by bellydeep

If you wonder why nobody takes you seriously ponder on the stupidity of your post.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Originally Posted by bellydeep

No matter which side of the argument on the 550 yard elk kill video, specifically John's second shot you are (and I think the elk was hit high in the shoulder/low in the neck, NOT in the antler), that is funny.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If you wonder why nobody takes you seriously ponder on the stupidity of your post.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Similar to the .50 BMG?
The Snipex Alligator shoots a 14.5x114mm round. It is roughly 25% more bullet weight, 10-15% faster with about twice the muzzle energy (23,400 ft lbs)
remember the Ghost of Kiev, so many people have bought into ukraine propaganda, oh another is the Snake island story. They made that shot with a wyoming arms AR 15 in 223.
The bullet has to go somewhere.

Cheers ~ Darren

It sure as hell ain't whiskey. grin
Who cares about the gun, Iā€™d like to know what scope he was using. Did you see the video? At that distance, thatā€™s like a 50X thermal scope with > 150 MOA adjustment.
Originally Posted by Stammster
Who cares about the gun, Iā€™d like to know what scope he was using. Did you see the video? At that distance, thatā€™s like a 50X thermal scope with > 150 MOA adjustment.

Looking into it a bit most Snipexā€™s seem to be pictured with their Snipex Jove 6-24x56 that apparently has 50 mils (172 moa) of adjustment. Have seen a few pics with S&B PMIIā€™s as well.

6 1/2ā€™ long overall, 50 MOA rail thatā€™s almost 30ā€ long, 47ā€ barrel and weighs 55 #ā€™s. The suppressors appear to be about 2ā€™ long and 3+ā€ diameter.

Projectiles are either 910 or 1018 grains and reportedly can penetrate 1/2ā€ armor plate at a mile. Maximum range is reportedly a bit over 7500 yds though effective range is closer to 3000 yds

Serious piece of weaponary.
Iā€™m sure it happenedā€¦ just as sure as I am that the whole thing ainā€™t a giant money laundering opā€¦
Originally Posted by Tanner
Iā€™m sure it happenedā€¦ just as sure as I am that the whole thing ainā€™t a giant money laundering opā€¦

Absolutely, I don't pay any attention to this stuff either especially if I see it on the news
Baselines, like bottom lines the only thing I am sure of about the Ukraine/ Russia conflict is that my tax dollars are being pissed away and or laundered away into somebody else's pocket
Their is no honesty about any of it from the gov'ts involved or the media reporting any part of it. That's the truth of it... so the shot? Who knows.mb
Big deal! The Iowa was sending 2000 pound projectiles past 20 miles over 80 years ago...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I killed 5 deer one time with one shot made from 13,000 yards!
Impossible. I'd believe two at the most. At 13,000 the bullet's trajectory is such that the deer would not only have to be lined up horizontally, they'd have to be on a 27.5 degree downward slope. Plus, you left out the coriolis calculations.

Johnburns taught me that.
When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos with a rifle shot at a thousand yards in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at.

(Not me.)
A Canadian Army friend of mine and some of us U.S. soldiers were drinking together one night overseas when, while drunk, he stood up, held out his glass and exclaimed "Canada, number one at being just north of the United States!". You've never seen drunk soldiers laugh much harder. Great times.
Ā© 24hourcampfire