Home
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Is that like a Nauga?
I shot one in '97. I was poor back then so I couldn't afford to get it mounted. It was a biggn' probably dressed out at 350#.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I shot one in '97. I was poor back then so I couldn't afford to get it mounted. It was a biggn' probably dressed out at 350#.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Here's some trivia for you. Lots of folk call it an Audette, or Ladder Test, or Audette Ladder. And Creighton Audette gets credit for the load development method...but he didn't invent it and actually called it the "20 shot method"! It was shared with him by a benchrest shooting friend in California.
Isnā€™t audette what the Rain man had?
Color your bullets with sharpieā€™s ā€¦. You can thank me later.
Anybody with a tab-bit of common sense can work up and fine tune a load.

Watched one minute of the video, guy is probably an engineer for some little chitty-city.
Makes a mountain out of a mole-hill type

Originally Posted by Tanner
Isnā€™t audette what the Rain man had?

I think so, AND tom cruise shouldn't have hit him
Wasn't he the guy who did Motel 6 commercials?
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Color your bullets with sharpieā€™s ā€¦. You can thank me later.

Iā€™ve refined the method by making my own ā€œshoot n seeā€ targets. I can see the impacts at 600 yards through my rifle scope
I have used it and variations of it. I found much more predictable results by firing three or more rounds of each charge rather than a single round per charge.

John
yes

&

yes

Best,

GWB
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Iā€™ve refined the method by making my own ā€œshoot n seeā€ targets. I can see the impacts at 600 yards through my rifle scope
I've gotten away from the shoot and see targets.
Mostly a time thing.
Bought a target vision camera seems quicker.
That's pretty much what I'm still using.
I did use garbage bag targets for a number of years .And the box test ... A box with thrown powder charges.
Very successfully.
In 2016 I won a 1000 yard silhouette BR match shooting against 170 others.
That day my 300 SAUM Boots Obermeyer and me could not be beat.

Dave
Use to shoot Audettes out around Saragossa. Come from Germany originally. Purebred stock.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Wasn't he the guy who did Motel 6 commercials?

Don't disrespect Tom!
Rick,

Pretty sure you know i've shot quite a few Audettes. Not this year though since I couldn't draw a tag ;-)

The home made shoot and see targets are the bomb!

The past few years iv'e been running Satterlee ladders followed by COAL testing and verifying at LR. Followed by tweaking MV to true up the Kestrel 5700.

Alan
Originally Posted by GSSP
Rick,

Pretty sure you know i've shot quite a few Audettes. Not this year though since I couldn't draw a tag ;-)

The home made shoot and see targets are the bomb!

The past few years iv'e been running Satterlee ladders followed by COAL testing and verifying at LR. Followed by tweaking MV to true up the Kestrel 5700.

Alan

Yessir Alan! Many around here have tried the Sattrrlee deal by watching the chronograph and havenā€™t had as much luck as the Audette.

Did you watch the vid in the other thread?
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Yessir Alan! Many around here have tried the Sattrrlee deal by watching the chronograph and havenā€™t had as much luck as the Audette.

One shot of each charge level over the chrono is highly suspect.

If one were so inclined, five or even ten shots at each charge level could be recorded. Find the average velocity at each charge weight. Then plot those averages vs the charge weights. If there really are flat spots in the charge vs velocity relationship this will identify them. My belief is these flat spots will go away under such scrutiny.
Shot it a couple times with .223s. Didn't think much of it.
Other thread?
Originally Posted by GSSP
Other thread?

Si SeƱor
Originally Posted by ol_mike

"It's not cheap, but I'm sure the government will buy it."

šŸ¤£
I killed an Aoudad about a month ago!
Originally Posted by hanco
I killed an Aoudad about a month ago!
^^

Could outshoot Camuglia