Home
Posted By: bigtad has anyone built ?? - 08/09/09
Has anyone built a rifle in one of By Smally and Mic MicPhersons new rounds ???
Posted By: utah708 Re: has anyone built ?? - 08/13/09
I know By, and have hunted with him. He spent his career as a rocket propulsion engineer--he knows about gas flows. I have read the patent for the case design, and understand (barely) the physics they are based upon. A friend build a rifle on one of his cases, and I have shot it. I just haven't felt the need to build one yet, but if I was interested in a 5mm, I would probably use their design.

The case designs are for real, and if you wanted to talk to By, I could relay his contact information via PM.
Posted By: bigtad Re: has anyone built ?? - 08/28/09
sorry Utah708 for the long time on a reply !
Thanks for the info ! I am honored to talke to someone that has hunted with By !!! I would just about fall out if I had the chance to hunt with eather By or Mic !!!! I am in constant contact with both because of my build . I am understanding that By'S wife has had surgery a short time ago My rayer's and well wishes go out to both !!! Once againe thanks for the info
Posted By: Ringman Re: has anyone built ?? - 08/28/09
bigtad,

I used By's idea for my .224 MBOC. We emailed serval times before I decided what I was going to do. I took 200 .264 Winchester cases and made them into the above design. The neck is 7/16" with sorta his shoulder design. The case isd shortened to 2 5/16". I don't remember, but I think it hits 4,300 with a 55 grain Nosler. The temporary rifle is a 26" Savage.

After I get the bugs worked out and all the brass fire formed, MOA is going to build one with a 30" Pac-Nor. I think he will use his own action. (He made the action for my .257 Weatherby.) I think it hold 68 grains of water to the bottom of the neck. His 5X35 is not length, but 5mm X 35 grains of water.

© 24hourcampfire