Home
This was sent to me as an email as I know a local gunsmith who works exclusively with the T/C and Encore Set Ups...

This is a rifle built on a 700 action and the cartridge is a 444 Marlin, necked down to 6mm...

Fairly interesting, so I thought I would share with the forum...

http://www.dandtcustomgunworks.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5148202

[Linked Image]

I wonder what speeds he is shooting, I did not see it in his posts. Those 600yd targets are darn sweet.
"I'm shooting the Sierra 85 gr. B.T. - H.P. Game King bullet at a muzzle velocity of 3,618 fps.. It's won't set any speed records but, it's accuracy more than makes up for what it might be lacking...."

R.

Interesting idea, but running that bullet at that speed you actually have more wind drift and drop then you do running a .243Ackley with 115gr DTACs. That's some good shooting though, considering a 1mph wind change will blow that bullet almost 4". I'm impressed with those targets for sure!

....But I wouldn't necessarily call that a great long range round.
What's really impressive is that he is getting that speed out of a case that has a max pressure of 40000psi. A 243AI will run the 85 gr bullet a little faster than that, a 6-284 will really go faster. Impressive groups considering Oklahoma winds.
I'm lucky to shoot those groups at 100yds most days laugh
© 24hourcampfire