Home
Posted By: boatanchor Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/24/11
I drew my first Nevada Antelope tag this year, I have hunted Antelope a couple times in my home state of Utah and many times in Wyoming, I thought this would be the same thing.....
WRONG.
From my experience Antelope are one of the easiest big game animal's to hunt.....Wrong in Nevada.

I drew a tag for area 015 that is north of Pyramid Lake. quite a few Antelope but the access is the problem, all volcanic rock so the Antelope can still run 55 mph but you can only run your 4-Wheeler at 5.5mph without kidney failure or bruising of your spine.
Challenging hunt and a lot of fun [Linked Image]

Shot him at 925yds with my 300WM and Berger 210gr VLD's.

Thank You to my nephew and hunting buddy Jimmy and my great friend The Hedgeman.
Looks like a gorgeous buck, any side angle pics?

Congratz

Dober
Posted By: aalf Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/24/11
Originally Posted by boatanchor
The Antelope can still run 55 mph but you can only run your 4-Wheeler at 5.5mph without kidney failure or bruising of your spine.

Two thoughts come to mind.....

You can run, but you can't hide......and.....

You can run all you want, but you'll just die tired...... grin

Great shot.

Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/24/11
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I drew my first Nevada Antelope tag this year, I have hunted Antelope a couple times in my home state of Utah and many times in Wyoming, I thought this would be the same thing.....
WRONG.
From my experience Antelope are one of the easiest big game animal's to hunt.....Wrong in Nevada.

I drew a tag for area 015 that is north of Pyramid Lake. quite a few Antelope but the access is the problem, all volcanic rock so the Antelope can still run 55 mph but you can only run your 4-Wheeler at 5.5mph without kidney failure or bruising of your spine.
Challenging hunt and a lot of fun [Linked Image]

Thank You to my nephew and hunting buddy Jimmy and my great friend The Hedgeman.

Nice buck and awesome shot, did you see alot of big bucks?
Posted By: megalomaniac Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/24/11
he's holding a big buck smile

Seriously, that's a beautiful trophy! Love the curls.

Great shot, but how in the heck do you judge an antelope at 925 yards? I have trouble with them even when they are under 200
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/24/11
Nice.
Posted By: tt35 Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/29/11
Nice goat. Nice shot!
Posted By: yukonal Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/29/11
Congrats!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/29/11
That's a nice buck. I used to see them in the blackrock all the time but never hunted them. Congrats....
Posted By: EddyBo Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/29/11
Heck of a buck IMO. I hope to see one that nice this week in NM.
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/29/11
Cool lope. Love the heart shape.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Nevada Antelope Hunt - 08/31/11
Originally Posted by megalomaniac

Great shot, but how in the heck do you judge an antelope at 925 yards? I have trouble with them even when they are under 200

I spotted this buck the day before the opener, he was with a true 18" buck at about 200 yards. I got to look them over good with my spotter. the 18 incher was nowhere to be found after the opener.
© 24hourcampfire