Home
Thinking about trying some out and just wanted to check if anyone has played with them.

These are the barnes higher bc bullets.
Not yet, but bought a couple boxes to try.
I've shot exactly one 5 shot group at 100 yds and one 3 shot group at 300 yds from my .280 AI with N165 powder at 3175 fps. Shot right at .800" for 5 shots and 1.5" at 300 yds. I've not messed with them further. I will in the future though. No shots on game.

Lee
I've shot a few through my .280 AI. My rifle ran em at 3250fps with a upper moderate load and went right at 1" for 5 rds with on the one load I tried. Probably do better if I played with seating length and powder a bit
I posted this last deer season...

Originally Posted by clark98ut
Been meaning to post these, but just now getting around to it. This is a doe I shot with my ULA 284 using a Barnes 145gr LRX. Shot was 75ish yards, I think MV is around 2900fps. I was pretty surprised at the carnage. The bullet obviously expanded quickly. I'm guessing they're onto something with the tipped bullets.

[Linked Image]

Exit...
[Linked Image]
Clark, knocked the horns right off that deer.
Not the 145LRX but I'm shooting the 127 LRX in my 6.5x47 and am fairly impressed enough to buy 5 more boxes and will use it next month for elk.

This is a 100 yd seating depth test I conducted last month. I settled on the 1.35 which is .020" off the lands.

[Linked Image]

This is at 717 yds in a spot up the canyon behind my house. This spot has what my LR partner calls a ghost wind, coming from our 9 o'clock. We can even have wind flags out and no wind sign presents itself but it's there. There are 5 shots with good elevation in the group but a bit low when I tried using the Leica 1600-B's internal ballistic calculator. Used a 100 yd zero and need to switch it over to a 200 yd zero; that should bring the impact up where it belongs.

[Linked Image]

Alan
I bought a box to try out after running the ballistics on it if I can get them to shoot well I like what I see.

I have RL22 so it's time to start playing.
Been shooting them in my 7mm weatherby this summer, have yet to hunt with them..

Pic of the group was early on in R&D, the groups shrunk a bit after slowing them down and adjusting the seating depth..settled on 3.520" @ 3360fps.

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire