Home
Posted By: TATELAW Drop chart taped to stock - 08/12/14
For those of you that do this, what program or site do you use? What's the best way to get results printed out in a small enough form to get it on a 3x5 card or similar size to tape to the stock?

I use shooter on my phone but I'm thinking that having the drops taped to the stock might be quicker.

Also, where on the stock do you find it easier to use? I'm thinking opposite side from my cheek and upside-down so that it is easily viewed when I lean the rifle stock toward me to see it. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Posted By: deflave Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/12/14
I write it on a piece of notebook paper. Then I put tape over it.

Travis
You can email yourself an export table from the Shooter app (in Excel). I then delete the rows/columns I don't need and play with the text size printing out a few until I get the size I want.

Most of my rifles do not have a cheek piece so I tape it on the inside, right side up...just pick your head up and look down at it. The one rifle I have with a cheek piece gets the table in the same place...just a little smaller size text to fit where I need it.
Originally Posted by deflave
I write it on a piece of notebook paper. Then I put tape over it.

Travis

Or you could do this...I work in a cube-farm...so I need something to help pass the time. That's the biggest reason I mess with Excel... grin
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/12/14
I do it in Word so I can pick a font size that doesn't require my specs, laminate it and tape it upside down on my stock. I have a chart for each of the loads I shoot and keep them w/ the ammo. Having a LRF actually helps this work for me.

mike r
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/12/14
I print out what I want and the font size that works best in lower light using Open Office.
Then I tape them to the bottom quarter of the front tapered section of my scope, using clear packing tape, making it mostly waterproof.
I put drops on the left, windage on the right.
[Linked Image]
I drop the results into excel, print then fold so the most used data fits in an area the size of a front shirt pocket. After a quick glance, it's right back into the pocket, and I don't have to disturb the position of my rifle etc.
If I am hunting I put the drops and full value wind drift for 200 300 400 450 500 550 600 yards on masking tape on the inside of my rear butler creek. I then carry a comprehensive table in my wallet.

For everything else I keep the drop charts in a different book along with my gear. I think it is easier to reference a chart that is on the ground below the gun then it is to reference one taped to the stock.

As always, to each their own and YMMV.
I dote on my penmanship and flaunt same.

While I've laminated in several fashions,I'm most apt to incorporate a roll of clear shipping tape and make multiple passes on both sides of important data,as a means of protecting same.

The works are then affixed to the stock proper and typically on the strong side............

Posted By: Clarkm Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/13/14
[Linked Image]
For years I made drop chart for each rifle based on Quickload Quicktarget and attached it to the range finder with a rubber band.

Then I started buying glow in the dark tape, wrapping it around the elevation turret, and making marks per long range target practice.

http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-GLW-Glow-Dark-Tape/dp/B000QDLMSK

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Who would have thought feedback from reality would pay off?
A laminated drop/drift card affixed the stock,has no equal,in regards to all terrains and all weather.

I'm more than a touch dubious of someone's come-ups,when they denote values that aren't even mechanically possible to input the very glass,slated to do same...................
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/14/14
I used G7 this last year. Input all your info and it prints things out nicely. Gives drop for yardages and different inclines.

I taped it where I did and seemed to work fine.

[Linked Image]
Gledeasy,

I have seen things done in similar fashion,on a few hundred stocks..................(hint)
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/14/14
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Gledeasy,

I have seen things done in similar fashion,on a few hundred stocks..................(hint)

Who doesn't like redundancy smile

For those that have a computer, printer, and bad hand writing I don't think the print out could be much better.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/14/14
Screen shot your iPhone, crop out whatcha don't want, reduce, print, tape..
Calculate drops in JBM. Put into excell spreadsheet. Print out, laminate, stick to side of stock with clear packing tape. The first line means 5 moa + 2 clicks second line is hold over windage.
[Linked Image]
Wow.

17HMR 20gr Elephant Load come-ups in Mil/Mil...from an hour ago and re-confirmation..............(hint)

[Linked Image]
Offside affixed,due strongside cheekpiece sculpting...................(re-hint)
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/14/14
Then there's this, which is a pain in the ass
[Linked Image]
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/14/14
it's ok bore, i can zoom in onnit on the iphone.
Try 10yd come-ups for a 22LR to 660yds(soon to be 750+).

This is the offside,as the strongside grants all from the muzzle to 350yds..........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ready Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/15/14
.22 LR - for Long Range.

Figures.

Patiently awaiting my 75MOA rails,so I can stretch things a bit more................
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/15/14
Originally Posted by Ready
.22 LR - for Long Range.

Figures.

Its not fun at all.
That's why I wasn't up at 3:30AM in eager anticipation...............(grin)
Posted By: Ready Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/15/14
Good stuff. How are the bullets looking after hitting a steel plate at 600 yards?
You wouldn't want one in the belly-button............(grin)
600yd impact velocity is 620fps.............
Posted By: EricM Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/16/14
Try 10yd come-ups for a 22LR to 660yds(soon to be 750+).

This is the offside,as the strongside grants all from the muzzle to 350yds..........

[Linked Image]

I like that. A 22LR would be a ton of fun.

Eric
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/16/14
25MOA rail + SWFA 10X MD = 3/4 ton of fun.

[Linked Image]
I hear good things............

[Linked Image]
How much does it leave you on the erector?

I'm still building on one of my AMT's and it should do nice things,after the dust settles.

Have a couple more Anschutz 54's enroute too................
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/16/14
69 MOA.

That's 420 yards at the X with 36gr RP for those wondering. Cracked barrel block isn't helping right now though.

Originally Posted by Gledeasy
I used G7 this last year. Input all your info and it prints things out nicely. Gives drop for yardages and different inclines.

I taped it where I did and seemed to work fine.

[Linked Image]

This gets a nod from me in the fall
I just tape mine to the turret... where it's awful handy, even though it ain't cool.

I keep other charts on hand for other places I hunt/shoot, I have them based on barometric pressure.

[Linked Image]

One of these certainly helps too, if you like to hunt/shoot in lots of different places... watch is reading pressure, altitude is about 10,500ft...

[Linked Image]

Finally somebody who understands what the most important atmospheric factor happens to be.
Hell yes!

It's all about the watch.

Laughing!................
Does your chart work the same at 7800' as it does at 78'.... just curious....

It's all pretty easy when you shoot the same place/conditions all the time... but that watch has seen 19.5 inHg all the way to 30.75 inHg.... that's a big difference in dope. Nice to be afforded the ability to not guess.... you know how it is...
Never been on a hill...let alone a Mountain.

Hopefully the next generation of Cough Silencer,will have a Mercury Chamber!

Laughing.................
So one chart for all.... wtf was I thinking....
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

It's all pretty easy when you shoot the same place/conditions all the time... but that watch has seen 19.5 inHg all the way to 30.75 inHg.... that's a big difference in dope. Nice to be afforded the ability to not guess.... you know how it is...

DS,

BS, shoots a narrow range of rifles in a narrow range of conditions. Don't expect any worth while contributions from him outside that narrow niche.

We only have 11,000 feet of variation in this state.

Yea, what were you thinking?

You weren't thinking...if only because you are slight the faculties.

Cheer up,I've only a single rifle too.

Pre-'64 '06 and 180NPT's.

Laughing................
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

DS,

BS, shoots a narrow range of rifles in a narrow range of conditions. Don't expect any worth while contributions from him outside that narrow niche.

You NAILED it.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

We only have 11,000 feet of variation in this state.

Yea, what were you thinking?

Holy smokes!

11,000 feet!?!

Isn't that like a record or something?!?

Laughing..............
I just had an epiphany. We should all endlessly aquire rifles that all look the same, move to an island, grow a REALLY bad mustache, shave our heads like Uncle Fester, and place a "keep the fugg out" sign near the entrance to our homes.

At that point, knowledge will suddenly appear. I'm sure of it.
Still waiting on an explanation as to how the laws of physics don't pertain to SE Alaska.... though I'm certain I lack the faculties to comprehend....
SquatToPee,

Your list of insecurities are amazingly wellfounded.

Congratulations?!?...............
Still waiting on an explanation as to how the laws of physics don't pertain to SE Alaska.... though I'm certain I lack the faculties to comprehend....

A bullet,a speed and a distance have yet to be cited...let alone the atmosphere at zero or the cough Silencer Scenario.

My "trouble" is,I shoot more than all you stupid [bleep] bolted together................(hint)
.525 @ 2950.... 200 yd zero.... sighted in at 24.75 inHg...

What's the delta in my dope at 6900'.... same at 1100'... for a 600 yard poke?

How bout' 1/2 mile?
Funny schit!

Better check your watch.

When you drive from 1100' to 6900',what kind of mileage do you get?

Wow.............

How bout' 1/2 mile?

I enjoy how you AMAZINGLY Stupid [bleep] needn't contrive your Dumbfhuqqery and simply do your "best".

Pardon my interjecting some Reality,if only to upset the Cart Load of Stupid.

Hang a pic of a Splendid Beastie you Watched.

Yes......pun be [bleep] intended and nooooooooo...I ain't gonna explain it to you.

Laughing................
Quintuplets

[Linked Image]

So what ever you do, don't ask him to step out of his comfort zone.
That's less than half of 'em,in that particular chambering...but in fairness do run the gamut in twist rate.

7,8,9,10,12 and 14",in no particular order,than descending.

Good talk!................
Originally Posted by TATELAW
For those of you that do this, what program or site do you use? What's the best way to get results printed out in a small enough form to get it on a 3x5 card or similar size to tape to the stock?

I use shooter on my phone but I'm thinking that having the drops taped to the stock might be quicker.

Also, where on the stock do you find it easier to use? I'm thinking opposite side from my cheek and upside-down so that it is easily viewed when I lean the rifle stock toward me to see it. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Strelok is a free app for ballistics. drop, moa, clicks, everything on one table. email it to yourself then you can print it out for taping to your rifle!
That's less than half of 'em,in that particular chambering...but in fairness do run the gamut in twist rate.

7,8,9,10,12 and 14",in no particular order,than descending.

Good talk!................

Where they all cut with the same reamer?
You suck a mean ass.................

How bout' 1/2 mile?

I enjoy how you AMAZINGLY Stupid [bleep] needn't contrive your Dumbfhuqqery and simply do your "best".

Pardon my interjecting some Reality,if only to upset the Cart Load of Stupid.

Hang a pic of a Splendid Beastie you Watched.

Yes......pun be [bleep] intended and nooooooooo...I ain't gonna explain it to you.

Laughing................

I guess missing by a foot.... is always a option, if only for the sake of chart simplicity. Does altitude/pressure not effect your wind call either?
I realize just how much you guess and I assure you THAT is the [bleep] funniest part.

Again...dangle a pic of a Splendid Beastie you Watched. Be sure to cite the "particulars",as per the best factoring of your Imagination and the application of Pretend.

Do NOT be shy..................(hint)

I don't have to guess.... I have the watch...
I'll feign my "surprise",that you and your Cough Silencer ALMOST got something worth a [bleep].

Maybe this will be the BIG Year?

Laughing!...............
Let's hope...

For a guy who preaches from the pulpit of Amax (I'm a member of said congregation)... you're sure quick to dismiss the 30-40% differences in drift based on local barometer....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/24/14
Uncle Fester......LMAO!
I dismissed nothing,but you are enthralled with your Inspector Gadget watch and that is EPIC comedy!

Then you wish to conjure going from Death Valley to summit Everest in a single jaunt,as "vindication" of your Cough Silencer. Hilarious!

My "trouble" is,I shoot more than all of you Drooling Dumbfhuqqs bolted together.................(hint)
Raider,

Say something about a good Barbed-Wire Load.

You "hard chargers" really "know" your stuff.

Laughing............
At 10,500.... 10mph... 600 = .8 MIL
At Sea Level... 10mph... 600 = 1.3 MIL

I'll be hunting at both, a week apart this year.

Sorry.... that ain't a foot.... it's 11"....

It also ain't 30-40%.... It's 62% more drift at sea level.... again, my bad.
Playing with a calculator,ain't killing Splendid Beasties...but it's CLOSE.

Laughing!

The Cough Silencer Mercury Chamber Chronicles are a [bleep] riot!..............
Posted By: Rogue Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/24/14
Murphy's a son of a bitch. If it takes batteries you can't count on it when you need.
Fact.

Also arming one's self with an educated zero,has never hurt the equation.................(grin)
Posted By: Rogue Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/24/14
Roger, just ain't that tough.
Funny what a gent can learn,by ACTUALLY shooting...................(grin)
These things actually shoot?

I've just been dialing, yanking the trigger, and yelling BANG at the top of my lungs all these years...

Is my dope wrong?

Is my need for different charts not valid?

Is it ok to miss by a foot of wind.... does that make slucing beasties easier?

Oh that's right... this isn't about drop charts or dope anymore....
It's about results...always has been,always will be.

Show just one,that you Watched.

One.

Laughing..................
Points awarded for more Excuses,a fresh Whine,some Haybale & Crockett "pursuits",a fence in the pic and a Dink.

Not like you couldn't "connect" all in a single pic.

Laughing!..............
So you're saying I'm correct....
PS.... it's not about results.....

Apparently... it's about you...
I'm saying your Cough Silencer is funnier than [bleep] and has borne ZERO fruit. Hint.

Also saying,that it is far from a "daunting" task,to shoot enough to know WTF is going on.

'Course I may be allllllllllllllllllll "WRONG" and there's a Treasure Trove of Splendid Beasties waiting in the wings and it's gonna be a pixel deluge,as you rub my nose in your superlative "results".

Then again.

Laughing!.....................

Also saying,that it is far from a "daunting" task,to shoot enough to know WTF is going on.

If it ain't a daunting task... why the presumption that no one else has done so, and applied same....

How would you set up a chart on a rifle if you expected to hunt it from 10k to beached Grady White? Seriously... I'm curious.
So you hop out of the Grady(tell yourself I've never seen or been in one those too,if only to satiate your countless Delusions) and go to 10,000'? Laughing!

First it was(and I quote):

".525 @ 2950.... 200 yd zero.... sighted in at 24.75 inHg...

How bout' 1/2 mile?"

Now it's an even bigger slice of Pretend,fresh outta your Imagination.

Laughing.

Why don't you start by pulling your head out of your ass,get real,cite the quarry/AO,rifle,chambering,blueprint,mounts,glass,it's adjustment and I'll easily connect the [bleep] dots...mainly because it is [bleep] easy.

Hint.

Though I await your Lunar Safari in no gravity,as a Cough Silencer Trump Card.

Laughing!.......................

Posted By: navlav8r Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/25/14
Hey Stick, you misspelled "laffin'" smile
Seriously after all the posts no one has mentioned a simple jbm range card printout. No need to write stuff in tiny numbers with crappy handwriting
It's ALL about the watch!..................
Did the Cough Silencer Watch quit ticking?

Laughing...................
Still works.... just not as good as your mouth. It knows the difference between 10k and sea level.... do you?

62% more drift.... you gonna keep dodging that.... or admit that I'm correct? Whatever..... Can't believe your still hooked.... I gave you slack all night.... and I wake up to a couple head shakes.... too bad you're under the 50" slot... have to throw'ya back.

Still awaiting an example of your miracle drop/wind chart that works everywhere.... and laffin'
I simply asked for the particulars,but you refuse to abandon your Pretend.

Again:

"Why don't you start by pulling your head out of your ass,get real,cite the quarry/AO,rifle,chambering,blueprint,mounts,glass,it's adjustment and I'll easily connect the [bleep] dots...mainly because it is [bleep] easy."

Yes...you REALLY are doing "great"!

Laughing!...............
PS and by the way,I'll make it even easier on you.

Just hang a pic of a run of the mill Beastie you Watched. Just ONE.

Admittedly looking forward to the Excuses.

Laughing!............
One pic? How about a blacktail buck.... that I killed using some advice you gave me on calling. Ok.... I'll oblige. Killed at 17' ASL, 1/2 mile from the coast.... a shade over 30 inHg on 'the watch'.... 40 yards (good thing I had my chart).... same load specified earlier. 123/2950/.525....

[Linked Image]

Now that we got that outta the way, and with all do respect.... will you please explain to me how you set up a chart that works in all conditions..... 1' to 10,000'?
Bitchin' forked-horn!...............

200yd zero,mercury as cited,2950 and BC cited. 1.65" 30mm DD sight height(because I love 'em)

600yds: drop/drift in inches

1100' elevation: 60.2/18.7

6500' elevation: 56.8/14.9

For folks who shoot a smidge,factoring out of the [bleep] gate a 3500' ele zero:

-58.6/16.9

"Curiously" enough doing so,pus the bullet within 2" of your Imagination and it's Pretend...ala Cough Silencer Confirmations.

Rifle/glass/mount particulars again,if only because it too will be funnier than [bleep].............
this isn't really my primary AO and I usually do more listening that talking but this is kinda on point:

JBM claculator + verify at range+excel+ packing tape , each per rifle:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rifle/glass/mount particulars again,if only because it too will be funnier than [bleep].............

.260 Rem.
SS sucks S/A
Manners EH2
23" Rock 1/8"
Talley Lows
'Pua hulls
123 Amax
Leup 3-9 Mildot 1/2 MOA turret (wears a 12x Fixed Fugger now)

That is a nice fork, and he went close to 250lbs.... it was a great hunt.

I concur.... shoot enough, and those small adjustments become more intuitive. Go to extremes.... and it's enough to miss.
I hear good things..............
... Go to extremes.... and it's enough to miss.

Took the 17HMR on a trip from 5,200 feet to 10,500 feet two weeks ago. Had a drop chart on the scope developed at California atmosphere. Decided to shoot a little before dinner one night. There were 3 tall tree stumps right in front of camp that were staggered perfectly angling to the right at 143 yards, 173 yards and 243 yards.

Walked out and jammed a palm-sized chunk of flat white rock in a crevice in each and walked back to the gun. Just used the drop chart on the stock.

The 143 yard rock blew up

High about 4" on the 173 yard rock

Waaaay high on the 243 yard rock.

Got out my "watch" and took an atmosphere. 20.51 inHG. Input the data to Ballistic AE and crushed the rest of the rocks.

Just be sure to tape a drop chart on your rifle developed for the atmosphere you'll be shooting in. There's enough difference in going from 5,200 ft to 10,000 to be off. That's normal for around here and not an extreme.

.260 Rem.
SS sucks S/A
Manners EH2
23" Rock 1/8"
Talley Lows
'Pua hulls
123 Amax
Leup 3-9 Mildot 1/2 MOA turret (wears a 12x Fixed Fugger now)

That is a nice fork, and he went close to 250lbs.... it was a great hunt.

I concur.... shoot enough, and those small adjustments become more intuitive. Go to extremes.... and it's enough to miss.

So let me get this correct,in that your Estrogen fueled GRAVE concerns and Trump Card Wrist Watchedness of your initial Pretend which stated:

".525 @ 2950.... 200 yd zero.... sighted in at 24.75 inHg...

What's the delta in my dope at 6900'.... same at 1100'... for a 600 yard poke?''

Which when zero'd out of the [bleep] gate with a shred of sense and equates to less than (1) "click" of 1/10th Mil of said glass,at said distance...really don't quite swoon THE Watch?!?

I'll be damned! I AM "surprised".

Laughing!

PS and by the way,that is a bitchin' forked-horn.

Wow..................

Holy Smokes!

A Rimfire way out to 243yds?!!?

That is crazy!

Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/25/14
123 Amax are .510 last time I checked....
Shhhhhhhhhhhshhhh...I'm enjoying the percentages and Mil corrections,synched via THE Watch.................(grin)
Still waiting in that chart that works from sea level.... where I'll be in Oct..... and 10k.... where I'll be in November.

Schitt is pretty easy when you shoot in the same conditions all the time.....

Originally Posted by 16bore
123 Amax are .510 last time I checked....

They's anywhere from .490-.535 in the rifles I've shot them in... but that requires actual shooting.... or throwing them and yelling BANG!
You are doing GREAT!

Now do tell about the "particulars" of the Grady Watch Safari,regarding A/O and Victims of particular interest.

It will be FUNNY too.................(hint)
Since we're doing the one pic ice bucket challenge..... how about you show one pic.... just one.... of you running a rifle somewhere other than Alaska in the past couple years.... this could be fun.
Fascinating.

Cite the Imaginary State(s) with more diversity.

In no particular order............
Just one picture of you in one measly state (other than Ak) running a rifle?

I'm betting a box of Hornady's finest you can't oblige...
Fascinating.

If one was in AK...why would they leave?

Is it to wear a Watch in another A/O,shy of the one they left?! Do tell.

Is it Watch weather,Watch temperature or Watch topography,that fuels your Imagination?

Laughing!...............

Figured you'd come up short....
Facts is facts.

Where are you going to encounter a greater breadth of diversity?

Besides your Imagination and it's Pretend. Unless of course you are wishing to swap Hemispheres and talk Corillis...but you ain't.

You are talking Delusions,yet again and in fairness,it IS funnier than phuqq!............
I can't see the pic.... is it there?

Alaska is a great place for you to hide.... they'll never catch you there... and send you back to the chocolate factory.

Whilst you're hunting middle earth... er, AK... what kind of elevations do you commonly hunt at? Could it be.... that you only need one chart.... cause you only shoot one place?

How about we amend the challenge.... and you simply post a pic... with you running a rifle above 6000'?

How about we amend the challenge.... and you simply post a pic... with you running a rifle above 6000'?

I think you'll be waitin' a while. For an AK resident he don't appear to get out much.
I've shot and killed all over, and if I could stay in AK I would.

The point is that the difference between 0ft ASL and 7k ASL is relatively easy to account for and do not require watches, Kestrels or the like at 600 yards.

Don't make easy stuff difficult.
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I've shot and killed all over, and if I could stay in AK I would.

The point is that the difference between 0ft ASL and 7k ASL is relatively easy to account for and do not require watches, Kestrels or the like at 600 yards.

Don't make easy stuff difficult.

Depends on the size of the target or how precisely you'd like to deliver the shot. You're not gonna win too many long range matches or kill a lot of prairie dogs at 7000 ft with a sea level dope chart.
I think what he's saying is, don't use a sea level dope chart at 7,000, use a 7,000-ft dope chart.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

I think you'll be waitin' a while. For an AK resident he don't appear to get out much.

I think they have rules for travel now.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by smokepole
I think what he's saying is, don't use a sea level dope chart at 7,000, use a 7,000-ft dope chart.

Right. To develop a 7000ft dope chart it's necessary to know the atmosphere, which requires a tool similar to the watch.
Or, you can look it up in a table. Like the one in Litz's book.

Or the internet.

http://www.sablesys.com/baro-altitude.html
It might be close enough. I take the atmosphere at my location which is exact. Pretty simple to do so and input into Ballistic AE.
Well, it's an average, just like what's used at sea level--the average barometric pressure at sea level.

Which no one seems to have an issue with.
The table is excellent. Thanks for posting.
Even a blind hog finds an occasional acorn........soooooeeyyy
Posted By: Ready Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/25/14
There you go. You have found your way of doing it and it works for you. You even were so kind and generous and offered the information for all to see.

As an analogy, you have found a spring and a trough and a horse. You put water from the spring in the trough and even led the horse to same.

You might consider stopping while ahead and not try and force the horse to drink.

It may not be thirsty and may well have already drunken from the spring.
LOL

I take my usual shooting gear to camp, take the atmosphere and run it in BAE to output a drop chart. I compare it to the one I attached to my scope by guessing what pressure, temperature, and humidity may be. By far the biggest factor is pressure and the link you posted is far better than my guesses have been.

It will help anyone to develop good data at the location they're planning on hunting.

Alaska is a great place for you to hide.... they'll never catch you there... and send you back to the chocolate factory.

Whilst you're hunting middle earth... er, AK... what kind of elevations do you commonly hunt at? Could it be.... that you only need one chart.... cause you only shoot one place?

You Drooling Dumbphuqqs are a riot!

The innate ability you have for sheer and utter cluelessness,truly is AMAZING.

Tough to trump the humor of The Cough Silencer Crowd doing their best and you are on an EPIC roll!.............
SquatToPee,

Great time to say something Snipery.

Laughing!...................
Posted By: Grand Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/25/14
I start with a JMB run, dump the output into Excel, remove the extraneous, adjust for size, print, wrap in packing tape and roll.

By God....there's HOPE.

You Drooling Dumbphuqqs are a riot!

The innate ability you have for sheer and utter cluelessness,truly is AMAZING.

Tough to trump the humor of The Cough Silencer Crowd doing their best and you are on an EPIC roll!.............

Hey.... don't get short with me.... all I asked for is a picture of you "not guessing"... I'm afforded the luxury of not having to guess you don't have one.

There's no need to take it out on us Mini Me.... just because that fourth Austin Powers movie fell through and now your acting career is in the toilet.

One more amendment.... how about you post a pic of one measly roller coaster you actually got to ride...

By God....there's HOPE.

So you're saying there is a need for multiple charts?

if so.... how do you decide which one to use?
Imagination and Pretend are funny.

Looking forward to your Googlefu "granting" you a greater breadth of opportunity to wear The Cough Silencer Watch.

As in,it ain't phuqqing happening,nor close.

Hint...................
Do wear a blender on your other wrist,so your food gets chewed?

You Drooling Dumbphuqqs are a hoot!................
I guess you can hold out hope for "Little People, Big World: Alaska"....

By God....there's HOPE.

He never leaves the beach, so my guess is sea level works for him
Watch it.

SquatToPee,

You are THE Queen of The Guess and it "works" so "well" for you.

Laughing!...............
Loved your work in Return of the Jedi.... which Ewok were you again?
Can you watch movies on The Watch and play "shooting" Video Games too?

When you flap your Fairy Wings after you hop out of the Grady and fly to 10,000',does The Watch make "cool" Light Saber sounds on the way?

Laughing!......................

Reading comprehension ain't to good is it there One Stick Pony?

Hard to fathom a guy hunting the coast one week.... then hunting the Colorado high country the next. I guess those of is who are free to move about the country without a booster seat would know how easy that actually is....
One time for us all....

pretty please...

just for old times sake....

Can you PLEASE give us just one: "What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis?"....
I read somewhere,that Alaska is bigger than many Countries.

Nothing says "Freedom" like a Drooling Dumbphuqq bragging up her Magic Watch and her fence post Avatar.

You REALLY get after it.

How many of The Watch(es) would it take?

[Linked Image]

Just curious.

Laughing................
One would do.
I reckon it would,if you only had (1) decoy to anchor...and the wind wasn't blowing too hard.................
The fish hook patten is overrated. One is enough if you have a clue on on the reed
I like a whistle as good as anything and will be in Duck Hell...due the numbers duped with things as lowly as 2 liter pop bottles rattle-canned flat black and partially filled with water.

Not much to it...................
Should work. Called them in with nary a decoy.

Tests have been done with Hunter orange painted decoys blazened with the word "fake" painted on them.

Drakes still set.

Dog,

I didn't see where anyone wrote that one dope chart works for all conditions in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You even posted that you have data taped to a turret. So does this fixed data on that turret work for all conditions? I think you mentioned that you have other charts?

Or is this just about the WATCH?

Smoke already broached the subject... you have data for different conditions. That's obvious to all parties involved.

So what does beating on pressure readings have to do with anything when it can be measured instantaneously and WIND is the main issue?

J

Also, I have a really hard time believing that was a 250lb blacktail. Was that serious or a joke!? That buck must have had lead in his hide to weigh 250. How much meat did you get?
Originally Posted by 4th_point

So what does beating on pressure readings have to do with anything when it can be measured instantaneously and WIND is the main issue?

J

I'm not Dogshooter or have ever pretended to be, but pressure affects drop as well as wind.

Drop we can adjust for very accurately if we simply know the atmosphere. Pressure being the most important factor. Wind is always an art and has more affect as pressure increases.

My method is this and is as accurate as data can get with a known load and accurate known data given developed conditions.

I use 2 decommissioned iphones as simple in-the-field PDA's with Ballistic AE installed. I take an accurate atmosphere, Input the data into Ballistic and output a drop and wind chart on the phone. All that needs to be done at this point is to lock the screen and put the damn thing in your pocket. If need arises for a long range shot, normally you'll have plenty of time to range the target and refer to the output for extremely accurate data. Opening the locked screen is as quick and simple as looking at data on your rifle.

The Cough Silencer Chronicles is a hoot!

You ever see someone with a Cough Silencer kill anything worth a phuqq?!?

The Streak continues...with The Watch.

I'm looking forward to Duck Hell,almost as much as Cat Hell.

I'll know everyone.................
There just might be inherent advantages in gunning daily,in diverse conditions. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy the JipJappery Fluff Factory................
Also, I have a really hard time believing that was a 250lb blacktail. Was that serious or a joke!? That buck must have had lead in his hide to weigh 250. How much meat did you get?

That one went 242..... on the scale ....

I'll send a PM with a pic of the one we shot the next day that was 40lbs heavier.

These aren't your high country, rain forest blacktail.... they're lowland, farm country blackies.... and they're well fed.

I do use a ballistic turret.... and it works well.... as long as I'm +/- 2 inHg. I know it cost me a couple targets running the turret down in Raton.... but I wanted to see how well that turret would work under that set of circumstances. I also said I had other charts based on the pressure where I'm shooting. The watch simply ets me know which chart to run.

As illustrated above.... pressure actually has MORE effect on Wind (slightly), than it does elevation.... particularly when we use extremes.... visa vis... blacktail on the coast one week.... and Muleys at 10k the very next week.

I carry a couple charts all the time. When I get to the location I'll be shooting, I take a reading and go with the chart that's closest. No 'guessing'....

Like Ric said..... it all depends on what you're trying to hit. Moose and elk vitals are a lot bigger than coyote and antelope vitals. 12"-18" gongs are a lot easier to hit than 6" gongs.... adjustments must be more precise. Seems like $100 is a pretty cheap way to afford the luxury of not having to guess.
The Watch,works GREAT...inside The Fence.

Laughing!.................
Your chart works great.... from a boat...

Laffin....
Still can't see that pic of you somewhere other than AK ..... or someplace above 6k with a rifle.... or on a roller coaster.... or painted green in a swamp down in Degobah...
You are at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...but you've the sweet "satisfactions" of having a cough Silencer on your wrist.

I just hope it don't get hung up on a fence.

Laughing!............
Hope you don't fall outta the boat....

Laffin...
What GPS do you use,when in a "big" field?

Ca you synch it to The Watch?

Laughing!..................
You wear a life jacket in the boat.... or just keep your pool floaties on?
Spin one of you JipJap Fluff Phuqqers in a circle in a hayfield and you'd need to shoot a flare for rescue.

Pretty gawdamned phuqqing amazing,how THE dumbest of phuqqs can find "difficulty",where there is none.

"Breaker-breaker...this is Fence Hopper and I'm LOST".

You "hard chargers" are a phuqqing hoot and really "know" your "stuff".

I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooooooo hard!!!..................
Posted By: Rogue Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/27/14

That one went 242..... on the scale ....

I'll send a PM with a pic of the one we shot the next day that was 40lbs heavier.

These aren't your high country, rain forest blacktail.... they're lowland, farm country blackies.... and they're well fed.

World record live weight blacktail, I�m most impressed to say the least.
Ok.... I'll make it even easier.... 4000' with a rifle... got that one?

Pretty easy for you not to get lost.... you just stay outta the long grass.

I can just see you now..... yelling 'De Plane boss.... de plane' every time one flies over your little island. You still got the white tux?
"Breaker-breaker...this is Fence Hopper....synchronize The Watches on my count".

If you can convince yourself that The Watch is "neato",I cettainly HOPE you can convince yourself that I've never seen a mountain or a hill and live in The Land Of Fixed Barometric Pressure...if only to salve the slowly creeping realizations of just how amazingly phuqqing stupid your Do Nothing Dumbphuqqery is.

Be sure and hang pics of The Great Grady Watch Safari.

Looking forward to them Excuses.

282# is a fair sized Blacktail.

The "weight" was "calibrated" with The Watch.

Laughing!....................
Posted By: Ringman Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/27/14
World record live weight blacktail, I�m most impressed to say the least.

I believe the record is an Oregon blacktail from the north coast. It had a live weight of 315 pounds! my brother-in-law and I killed a couple deer one year on the Olympic Peninsula that were quite large. His gutted and hanging in the butcher shop weighed 170 pounds and mine went 165 pounds.
Deer delivered to a Butcher Shop,can only be topped by Fence Hopping with The Watch.

You "hard chargers" REALLY get after it!.....................
Willow you please just post a pic... as requested...

Laffin....
Tough to post a pic of elevation...and I'm fresh out of The Watch.

Laughing!..............
How about one of you dressed in uniform on your boat.... Admiral Dot...
I reckon it is a mite frustrating,when all you've got to talk about,is hopping someone else's fence and riding in someone else's boat and traveling from Stat to State to "get" to "do" that.

The Watch fixations are likely well founded,given "all" that you "do".

Laughing!....................
So still no pic?

I get it.... Tom Dumb....

Laffin....
So still no pic?

I get it.... Tom Dumb....

Laffin....

Kick him again, you got him running. That flatlander ain't never seen a hill let alone climbed one.
It is indeed an unfortunate reality,that being married to a dead-end job in a booming metropolis,relegates my outdoors exposure to living vicariously through the Adventures of someone like Dogshooter and the exciting trevails of her hard charging ways.

I've learned a lot.

Had a dozon Oregon boys rolling over at the monster blackies this morning.

But these Jackson County Boys ain't never seen a decent buck...
Shouldn't be tough to post that pick then....

Laffin....

How's the weather down there this time of year?
It was Watch weighed................(grin)
Hotter than hell,here on The Milford.

Must be nice to see a hill or a mountain whenever you please.

What do you do for a "living" again?

Laughing!...............
I'm a hairstylist.... Same as you...

How about you post a pic of. 'Someplace I'll never be' and I'll post a pic of someplace you'll never be....

I'll go first....

You'll never be here....

[Linked Image]
I'm a hairstylist.... Same as you...

How about you post a pic of. 'Someplace I'll never be' and I'll post a pic of someplace you'll never be....

I'll go first....

You'll never be here....

[Linked Image]

Or here:

Stay out of it Nobody wants your 'help'.....
Funnier than phuqq,how the Window Lickers go FULL Secret Squirrel on the "vocation".

Next SquatToPee will be chiming in,on how she can't afford anything either.

Laughing!.................
Ooops!

Laughing!...............
Hell no...you are doing GREAT!

Ok.... how about a simple picture of that Boonie hat you sport so proudly.... you know, the one that says 'Fhug yo Couch' on the front.... and 'Don't piss, I can't Swim' on the top....
Maybe I'm not the one "living" vicariously,after all.

Laughing!...............
Ok.... how about a simple picture of that Boonie hat you sport so proudly.... you know, the one that says 'Fhug yo Couch' on the front.... and 'Don't piss, I can't Swim' on the top....

Rated saving.

Good talk....

Been laffin for days....
That avatar do rock and would certainly inspire such behavior.

So do your size 5 boots and your Jr. Carharts....

I get it now..... "Big" Stick is one of those ironic nicknames.... like a bald guy named "Curly".... or a fat dude named "Slim"....

Laffin...
It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must.

Just keep doing so aloud,as you're doing "great"!

Laughing!...............
I'm imagining you painted orange.... and pretending to serve chocolates...

Or.... as the 'biker' in the Midget Village People....

Or..... wearing a trash can, pretending to be R2D2...

Or.... getting chased by Preston in your underwear....

Etc.... Etc....

Say hi to Gandolf for me....

Laffin...
You don't sound like you spend much time at all on your couchbound kchunt,watching TV. Though in fairness,that was a REALLY "nice" forked-horn.

Congratulations?

Laughing!..............
242 pound forky.

Get it right.....
Maybe next time I shoot one.... I'll take off my pants, shove my cork in it's arse, and take a picture with it for all the world to see.

Now THATS how you take a pic with a dead blacktail!

Laffin....

PS.... that was a funny picture.... I don't care who you are...
My bad and I stand corrected.(grin)

I wonder what someone with that "good" of an Imagination and such high quality Pretend,actually "does" for a "living".

I bet it's even funnier than a Cough Silencer Watch.

I'd shoot another one just like it.... don't know too many guys who wouldn't. That's a big mature deer.... in an area that would never average triple-digits. Rosie bulls don't 'score' real well in comparison.... but they're bigger bodied than most of their Rocky Mountain cousins. Big deer are big deer.... bone is what it is.... schitt ain't always the same... even when it's the same....
Yeah, blacktails always have bigger bodies than muleys, just like rosies to rockies.

Got it.
This guy wasn't that much under 200, but it was.

[Linked Image]

Fascinating Tutorial.

Big Watch too.

Now what is the Big Job that you "do"?

Laughing!............
I'll have to try and find a pic of the August uck I killed with all the rolls of fat on his neck.

It was crazy...but not "quite" 242# and likely not a forked-horn either..............(grin)
Maybe forkies in Warsherting State are extra super bigger.
I've seen a lot of Muleys in the past couple weeks.... a lot smaller than the deer pictured. Maybe I'll go snap a pic or two tonight....

Good to see an actual pic.... and that's a very nice buck.

Stick kills some of the most beautiful blacktails I've seen.... "he's not wrong Walter.... he's just a ass hole"...

I guess we'll see in a couple months.... who's blacktail is what. I heard from Jason that Oregon costal now has the first week of November... that shounds like a great time for those so inclined. I hope everyone kills monster blackies... but I've hunted them enough to know not to pass on mature bucks... at least for now.

With one tag, big ones don't get killed by filling tags with forked horns.
Fascinating Tutorial.

Big Watch too.

Now what is the Big Job that you "do"?

Laughing!............

I fhug with you on the internet... whilst awaiting my visa to go study Pigmies in New Guinea... which is kinda the same thing...
Originally Posted by Rogue
With one tag, big ones don't get killed by filling tags with forked horns.

I see the logic in that... I suppose it depends on the genes on hand, and time at hand.
A decent fork or med/small 3pt Columbia Blacktail is about the size of an average muley doe.

Unless Oregon Mule Deer genetics is that much better than the rest of muley country.

You phuqq with yourself,but are too Stupid to know it...which bolsters the humor quotient nicely.

The "rewarding" vocation you are "lucky" enough to partake,is funnier than phuqq too and you really DO connect dots. Obliviously.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by Rogue
Maybe forkies in Warsherting State are extra super bigger.

No, they are not, they all look like this.

[Linked Image]

Ignore the elk on the right.

They might start to push 200 when they look like this, but...

[Linked Image]

In fairness I've never had the luxury of weighing a buck with the guts in it, but only because I don't pick em up with a tractor.
That's right... we've all seen the pics of what you do for a living.... Work on Santa's Christmas tree farm. Ramping up production this time of year... I can see why you're froggy....

Laffin...
I apologize,as I NEVER meant to give you even the faintest false glimmer of hope,which would lead you to "think" that you could do what I do.

My question was(is),what do YOU do?

I KNOW it's gonna be funnier than phuqq!...............
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/27/14
I guess it's time to say thanks to Stick.

I've been on this site for almost 4 years and this is the first time a thread started by me has passed the 200 reply mark. At least 2/3 of those replies are Stick's asinine statements or direct replies to his asinine statements so I guess I should thank him for all his hard work. It must take a lot of time and effort being the site's #1 troll. Good work Stick!!!
Nice trash talk for a guy that has to ask questions on how to make a dope chart.
I tend to engrave the chart to my elevation dial.

[Linked Image]

As Dogshooter showed it is pretty easy to make a paper version.

If one is going to shoot beyond 15 -20 MOA of drop correction then secondary charts or a computer make a lot of sense to comp for density changes from your initial chart or Drop Compensating Turret.

I have 2 of those sensor watches and use the sensors from time to time. Especially useful when gathering data or any other time I want the precise density.

I have one on my wrist in this picture. Didn't need it as the shot was at 450yds but then again it didn't get in the way. Wyoming Blacktail. shocked

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ready Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/27/14
No dissing guys for asking questions, please. Life long learning is to be encouraged.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/27/14
Beautiful buck there Burns. Great pic.
TAINT,

You'd do well to simply shut up,take notes and apply same.

Hint................
Wow! Killer looking stock,who makes that?

How about the ammo belt on the butt?

Laughing!...............
proprietary
Where are they out of?

Texas?...................
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I use 2 decommissioned iphones as simple in-the-field PDA's with Ballistic AE installed. I take an accurate atmosphere, Input the data into Ballistic and output a drop and wind chart on the phone. All that needs to be done at this point is to lock the screen and put the damn thing in your pocket. If need arises for a long range shot, normally you'll have plenty of time to range the target and refer to the output for extremely accurate data. Opening the locked screen is as quick and simple as looking at data on your rifle.

Rick,

Using the de-com iPhones is a clever method. And you use the watch to change data in the app if a front comes in? What are you using for back-up if the battery dies, device failure, etc?

Also, for most medium-range hunting out to 500-600y, standard atmospheric pressure works really well under most conditions, right? Unless there is a record storm the differences will not be worth making changes for on deer and elk. If you are changing elevation, then new data is needed for that elevation... but using standard pressure.

Now one could say that animals are more likely to move with large swings in pressure, but unless there is a huge storm coming the change in pressure isn't worth correcting for. Longer ranges is a different story.

J

Originally Posted by JGRaider

A blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. Then again that wall of yours is fairly spectacular. grin

Laughing!...............

Might be the best play you got. Dealing in LR killing is not the place to run you up against me.

I got the same stock and ammo belt and rifle right here at a bit over a mile and some silly crazy conditions.

[Linked Image]

Same stock, rifle and ammo belt on a bull at 1000yds last year.

[Linked Image]

Heck I had the sensor watch on in every one of those pictures. Didn't seem to be a problem.

Sure you want to play this game???? laugh
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JGRaider

A blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. Then again that wall of yours is fairly spectacular. grin

Laughing!...............

Might be the best play you got. Dealing in LR killing is not the place to run you up against me.

I got the same stock and ammo belt and rifle right here at a bit over a mile and some silly crazy conditions.

[Linked Image]

Same stock, rifle and ammo belt on a bull at 1000yds last year.

[Linked Image]

Heck I had the sensor watch on in every one of those pictures. Didn't seem to be a problem.

Sure you want to play this game???? laugh

LOL. I'm thinking he's not sure since he's definitely not sure. Shame on you for taking advantage of the obvious. smile

Everyone knows that .264's ignore atmosphere. laugh

Rick,

Using the de-com iPhones is a clever method. And you use the watch to change data in the app if a front comes in? What are you using for back-up if the battery dies, device failure, etc?

I use a Kestrel. Same e same as a guy who would want to deliver bullets to pinpoint locations at long range during competition. HINT. LOL

Battery on an iPhone set on airplane mode lasts for weeks.

cool
Stupidity ain't a "game",it's a Plight and don't go selling your affliction shy.

I simply asked what stock that was and it made you VERY nervous.

Why is that?................
Posted By: deflave Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14
The key to long range precision is spray tanning.

Travis
And a Watch............

Travis

While correlation does not always equal causation it is not hard to see how you might come to that conclusion. cool

Over a quarter century of practice doesn't hurt, either.
[Linked Image]
You certainly rock an afro.

Again,I must have missed it,what stock is on that grey piece of schit? What barrel?

Thanks...............
You certainly rock an afro.

Again,I must have missed it,what stock is on that grey piece of schit? What barrel?

Thanks...............

Well we all had more hair back in the day.

I find it interesting to juxtapose that old picture of me with with this one of you, from back in the day.

Scooby Doobie DOOOOOOOO. laugh laugh
[Linked Image]

It does provide an apt comparison that still holds today. grin

The Grey gun is the stuff of legend. Your fascination is appropriate.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RWE Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14
I was unaware Jerry Seinfeld did long range.

Props.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SKane Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14
Yep.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SKane
Yep.
[Linked Image]

That is uber awesome!

The Grey gun is the stuff of legend. Your fascination is appropriate.

Even I can hit schitt with that rifle..... though in all fairness, I was wearing the watch...
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14
Yep.
[Linked Image]

That is uber awesome!
Posted By: deflave Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14

Travis

While correlation does not always equal causation it is not hard to see how you might come to that conclusion. cool

Over a quarter century of practice doesn't hurt, either.
[Linked Image]

Holy balls!

You look like the love child of Bill Cosby and Jerry Seinfeld!

Travis
Yep.
[Linked Image]

Apparently, George is the only real hunter in the bunch:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: Drop chart taped to stock - 08/28/14
Holy chit, the Google fu is hilarious......
George has one of 'Stick's guns.
He's gonna be pissed.
George was pissed alright. He's pretty much a Mark V kind of guy. He can't stand slummin'.
I reckon fascination falls under your uploading my pics,to your 'Bucket account.

You "hard chargers" are a hoot!

Kudos on the Legendary piece of schit.................
© 24hourcampfire