Home
Posted By: WiFowler Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Supposedly announced to distributors today.

Ruger Precision Rifle
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Very interesting! I'm thinking I may have to get one of these in 6.5 Creedmoor. Appears to have all the cool stuff one would want: side folding stock, AICS magazine compatibility, etc.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Wonder how much.

Dave
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Ruger American with a Tacticool Sniperific stock? No thanks.

Though Ruger could probably call it the “American Sniper” and sell 100 million of them to the patriotic types who wear Grunt Style clothing and digi-cam baseball caps.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
I like the 7.7 twist rate listed for the .243 version.
You'll see them on shelves around $900. The 243 has a 26" barrel and a 7.7" twist...

Lots of neat features. I like the versatility of barrel switching. 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 243 - I'm sure some others will follow. Being able to switch mags is pretty cool too.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
I'm digging it. Without the digi camo hat and Grunt style clothes of course...
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
I'm digging it. Without the digi camo hat and Grunt style clothes of course...
I looked at one yesterday, there is nothing about it like a Ruger American.

Large LGS here is having their "Summer Expo" this week, lots of factory reps showing off their stuff. Anyway they got one in .308 in to show off before the anouncement.

Free float AR-like forend, stock folds to the side, barrel is pretty heavy.

Just over a grand is the price I was quoted.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
I want the 234 Win version laugh
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Looks like a good option for somebody looking to get into the PRS or SRM type game. Add a SS 3-15 and a case of 6.5 Creed ammo and you'd still be under $2000....
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Large LGS here is having their "Summer Expo" this week, lots of factory reps showing off their stuff. Anyway they got one in .308 in to show off before the anouncement.

Just over a grand is the price I was quoted.

Looks essentially like a Ruger American action to me, with a few mods to the rear end of the action and safety. Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing. Ruger Americans are a pretty decent rifle.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
that is a pretty cool gun. wonder what the trigger is like?? also supposed to have ar 15 style barrel changes.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I like the 7.7 twist rate listed for the .243 version.

The 7.7 twist in the .243 caught my eye too.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Looks like a good option for somebody looking to get into the PRS or SRM type game. Add a SS 3-15 and a case of 6.5 Creed ammo and you'd still be under $2000....

Gonna trade your 6.5 America Predator in to get ? laugh
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
that is a pretty cool gun. wonder what the trigger is like?? also supposed to have ar 15 style barrel changes.

Just a guess, but the Marksman Adjustable trigger on the Precision is probably about like the Marksman Adjustable trigger on the American wink The description does say the trigger is adjustable from 2.25-5 lbs, while the American says 3-5. So maybe if this one is improved it will be swappable into the American?

Would be nice to see the quick barrel change feature be made available on the American as well.

Well it sure as schit ain't an M77. And I'm kinda doubting Ruger developed a new action for this one line.

We asked 'em do something about the RAR stocks but...ummm.... I don't think this is what we had in mind. Grin...

Travis
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Gonna trade your 6.5 America Predator in to get ? laugh

No f'n way..... those kinda rigs do nothing for me. I built a real one once... it was accurate as hell.... and equally as useless in the field.

I am about to trip the 6.5 Predator though....

I am about to trip the 6.5 Predator though....

Glad to hear that.

The unemployed look doesn't suit you.

Travis
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15

Wow, if my dad was still alive and saw that beauty, he would say something like this...

"I could eat a bunch of beer cans and $hit out a better mess than that"

Dad din't drink much beer, but when he did, it was still in real beer cans made out of steel. Even so, with a bunch of aluminum cans and rubber gloves, he could do better than Glock...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Wow, if my dad was still alive and saw that beauty, he would say something like this...

Dad din't drink much beer, but when he did, it was still in real beer cans made out of steel. Even so, with a bunch of aluminum cans and rubber gloves, he could do better than Glock...

Would he have typed it on an Asian built computer, or just said it?

shrap has gone full cyber-bully on us.

I'm logging on with head gear from now on.

Travis
Posted By: rahtreelimbs Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Pass!!!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15

Looks like a gun club rifle.
Posted By: laker Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Theres a lot of schit going on with the butt of that rifle.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Would he have typed it on an Asian built computer, or just said it?

Can't you read? I said he said that. Besides cowboys don't type...
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Ugly as it is I might have to try the .243. 1 in 7.7 twist might play well with 105's. Might be a skookum truck gun.
Posted By: motocyclista Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
According to the American Rifleman article, it is based on thr RAR action.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Ugly as it is I might have to try the .243. 1 in 7.7 twist might play well with 105's. Might be a skookum truck gun.

With the side-folding stock it'd be interesting to see how well it fits inside a truck cab.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
90 Scenars in a 243 MT is a WAY better truck gun combo.

I'm with Shrapnel's dad on this one.

But I can also see where it would be a good sniper rifle if you wanted a 26" barreled 14lb 243.

Your idea of a truck gun is apparently quite a bit different from mine.
They'll sell a ton of these. I'd think it's geared towards the long range steel buster and not the traditional hunting crowd -- obviously!

The street price will be way under the Remngton and Savage versions. Several more features to boot.

It's not what I want in a hunting rifle, but I expect more new stuff to follow. The market has changed. I look at what we sell daily and think, "who the Hell are these people!" The tactical crowd now far outnumbers the traditional crowd.

In all honesty, I expect the performance of this rifle to exceed those in the same class at a higher price point. I'll know soon...
Posted By: BMT Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/17/15
Snipers are the cool thing now
It will sell well
I like how Ruger likes to sell guns. Just think, the sales of these rifles likely subsidize the continued production of low-volume sellers like the Ruger #1.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
sick Somewhere in a Cementary, Bill Ruger is rolling over in his grave!
Posted By: JPro Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
It ain't that bad...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

If ol' Bill is 'cemented' in, how can he roll?
Posted By: laker Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Your idea of a truck gun is apparently quite a bit different from mine.

Was thinking the same thing
Posted By: woofer Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Chop the barrel flush with the hand guard. Put a fixed carbon stock on it. March up and down the side if the highway the first day of deer season in a full Gillie suit and wait for the cameras and helicopters to show up.... Worth $900 all day long....

W
Posted By: woofer Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Would be fun chopped and abortion tossed off the back though. LGS getting $700 for sps. Would like to have any one of these three for fun instead... Can't really knock em for listening to twist wishes. Odd package but you have to start somewhere. And they are a business and these will sell a bunch. Should trickle down to proper twisting of most stuff. Right?

W
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Is the stock/chassis deal aluminum?

Travis
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
For the shooter who wants a chassis rifle, this turnkey rig has a lot of nice features built into it.

Price looks to be well below the cost of building one from a traditional 700 or similar.

Ruger has really been thinking outside the box, and paying attention to trends in custom firearms.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15

At about 6500 RPM.....
Posted By: fats Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
I wouldn't be afraid to have one of those rifles in a box blind where I can stretch something out.

Ruger deserves credit for trying. Everything can't be a home run.
Posted By: fats Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Owner of the LGS close by got to shoot one of these at the Ruger prairie dog shoot in June. He says they were hitting out to 1200 yds with the creedmoor. This guy is a salesman and a novice shooter, so it must be an accurate rifle or platform. They did have NF scopes mounted on them.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Darrik,

I hear the same thing about the tactical-competitor crowd now far out-numbering hunters from optics manufacturers, at least about amount of product sold, and what they're willing to pay. The average hunter wants both his rifle and his scope to cost less than $500, and might still be hunting with a rifle/scope handed down through the family. Tactical/competitive shooters will buy whatever they think can help them win.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tactical/competitive shooters will buy whatever they think can help them win.

Especially the ones that never shoot. grin

Travis
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
aren't those the same guys that buy expensive customs to not shoot?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15

Its good for the anti gun bastard, hope the worms spin with his worthless corpse too.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by rost495

Its good for the anti gun bastard, hope the worms spin with his worthless corpse too.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

Interesting reading on Bill Ruger. I had no idea until I read your post.

Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by Oregon45
I like how Ruger likes to sell guns. Just think, the sales of these rifles likely subsidize the continued production of low-volume sellers like the Ruger #1.

BINGO!
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Sorry, I disagree and I shoot silhouette competitively on a regular basis. The most serious and best competitive shooters also own the most/best expensive toys/tools. Regardless, the best shooters always come out on top but it ain't because of their toys.

It's the Indian and not the arrow... wink
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN

Sorry, I disagree and I shoot silhouette competitively on a regular basis. The most serious and best competitive shooters also own the most/best expensive toys/tools. Regardless, the best shooters always come out on top but it ain't because of their toys.

It was a joke, Mr. Chicken Shooter.

Dave
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
For those that don't understand these rifles were built specifically for PRS matches. For that, it IS a home run. Just like all other groups, hunters (and LR competitors) have a very myopic view of rifles/scopes/equipment not having any knowledge of what works in the other field.

Chassis aare the future of precision field guns. The only bolt guns that are used in the military any more have chassis, with the last hold outs being the Marines, and they have corrected that with the M40A6.

As far as guys playing "sniper", thank god. Because without civilian competitors, the military would still be shooting equipment from 1970 and using techniques from 1950.....the civilian competition community is 20-30 years a ahead of most of the military/police in skill and equipment.

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
I've never seen proficiency as a negative. Apparently many look at it as such, likely because it takes doing.

I'm guessing there are a few around here that only own a crescent wrench.
Posted By: Royce Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/18/15
Formidilosus pretty much got to the crux of the issue. These new rifles take nothing away from anyone that doesn't use them, and the benefits of the interest in long range shooting bleeds over into most of other rifle sports.
Better scopes, better bullets, better barrels, and maybe even a little more knowledge about hitting little things a long way away is not a bad thing.
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

As far as guys playing "sniper", thank god. Because without civilian competitors, the military would still be shooting equipment from 1970 and using techniques from 1950.....the civilian competition community is 20-30 years a ahead of most of the military/police in skill and equipment.

This guy's a goddammed cyber-bully is what he is.

Travis
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Just like Shrapnel, only difference is Shrapnel has that retard strength thing going on. Bless his heart...
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN

Travis

I was a competitive shooter and I disagree. Give the best shooters mediocre gear and ammo, they will do fine, but you will find that I never knew a top shooter with mediocre gear.

It is a LOT of indian, but it is the top arrows that finish the job. Those are the ones that can USE the best arrow and get something out of it.

Then again the best arrows are not factory made. Ask Ruger how their Palma attempt went that time...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Interesting article. I knew about some of it, but not all. Quisling is the best descriptor for him to be sure. The current direction his company is taking is poetic justice.

Contrast him with Chuck Heston, who at great personal cost defended his beliefs and our rights.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
WTF does Chuck and Bill have to do with the new offering?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Originally Posted by ingwe

At about 6500 RPM.....

I dont think so, ruger was in business to make money. These will sell and make his company a boat load of profits.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15

An FBI sniper instructor was at the Grants Pass shooting range instructing several of the FBI snipers. I was still making rings in those days so I thought I might show off my wares. After shooting the breeze with the instructor for a few minutes he showed me some of the 100 yard targets. The rifles were heavy barrel .308's of some kind. The target was a photo of the instructor more or less hiding behind his wife with most of his face showing over her shoulder. To his chagrin most of the trainees hit his wife instead of him.

A little editorializing: I think they don't like guns like we do. The rifle is just another tool to them like the vehicle or the vest.
Only that Bill's company is now heavily involved in producing the type of guns that he denounced in an attempt to save his own ass. Follow the link and read the article.

Chuck was mentioned because he deserves to be.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Just like Shrapnel, only difference is Shrapnel has that retard strength thing going on. Bless his heart...

You'd love shrapnel.

Travis
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Over on the Hide, Frank did a good video review of it. I was at a PRS style match yesterday and there was lots of talk about this rifle. Even though most guys were shooting rifles that cost 2-4 times as much. It's a growing sport and this will be a great rifle for newbies to use to give it a try.

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1564384-the-ruger-precision-rifle-6-5-cm

Bob
Watched the review. Very slick. One in .204 or some such would make a heck of a PD rifle. Can't see myself with one sitting in a tree though.
I predict these are going to sell like a mofo, and then they're going to put out a .223 with an 8 or 7 twist.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
And Im thinking you are right........THAT would be really marketable....
Posted By: woofer Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
So if you had zero heavies in your cabinet which of the three would choose? Barrel length aside.... Consider your buying all the reloading stuff also.

W
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
I predict these are going to sell like a mofo, and then they're going to put out a .223 with an 8 or 7 twist.

Travis

I would buy one in 223 if available.

David
Originally Posted by woofer
So if you had zero heavies in your cabinet which of the three would choose? Barrel length aside.... Consider your buying all the reloading stuff also.

W

I'd buy the Creedmoor.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Travis

David

If they saw to it that it accepted AR mags, that'd be a plus.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Travis

David

If they saw to it that it accepted AR mags, that'd be a plus.

AI 223 mags would make a bunch more sense than AR mags in this platform. Standard AR mags don't allow enough OAL to take advantage of the good LR bullets, which is sorta the point of this rifle to begin with.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/19/15
I'll be most happiest if Ruger brings out a 8 twist .223, but right now I'm pretty sure the Creedmoor would cover all the bases equally well except rounds per pound. I'd get more excited about the .243 with a shorter barrel. Yes, I know it'd chop just as easily as every other barrel.......
Posted By: vapodog Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/20/15
interesting gun.....the world's couch commandos will be in second heaven.
Posted By: krummarine Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/20/15
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
For those that don't understand these rifles were built specifically for PRS matches. For that, it IS a home run. Just like all other groups, hunters (and LR competitors) have a very myopic view of rifles/scopes/equipment not having any knowledge of what works in the other field.

Chassis aare the future of precision field guns. The only bolt guns that are used in the military any more have chassis, with the last hold outs being the Marines, and they have corrected that with the M40A6.

From the standpoint of being an active duty Marine for 25+ years, both enlisted and commissioned, I would strongly agree with Form. The Marine Corps lives on its history and traditions which is not necessarily a bad thing, but can get in the way of adopting better practices/equipment that is all ready tried, tested and proven in the civ. world. I work a few miles from the PWS on Quantico and they are a great group but there's too many CWO-5's clutching their .308's with a death grip, in spite of what the last 12+ years of war has demonstrated.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/20/15
In 29 years in, the thing I hated to hear the most from someone was "We've always done it that way"
Posted By: SawDoctor Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/20/15
I wonder if we will see a price adjustment on savages version of a "chassis shooting system" .Seems like a good value to me compare to the savage.I am I missing something?
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/22/15
I like the rifle. Looks kind of weird but if it is accurate all is forgiven.
But I am also a Blaser R8 fan:)
The trigger on my 243 is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to shooting it tonight..
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
I'll update when my creed gets here. Thanks again, SAS
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
SAS and Hunsman22, we'll be expecting complete reviews ! with pics LOL
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
The trigger on my 243 is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to shooting it tonight..

D,
I picked up a Creedmoor today. It has a very nice trigger as well. Looking forward to getting glass mounted.

How high are the rings you are using?
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
I have yet to see one for sale any online dealers have them?
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
WTF?!?!? SAS is getting them already?

I got nothin' here.

Travis
Unfortunately, we sold out today. They're a pretty hot item. Guys know when the trucks come and they were there waiting. I had to pull mine and Don's into my office before the mob attacked the lady in shipping. More on the way though!
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
What're they going for?
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

D,
I picked up a Creedmoor today. It has a very nice trigger as well. Looking forward to getting glass mounted.

Joel,

I mounted a scope as soon as I got home today. I put a SWFA 10x in some UTG medium rings. It's about as low as I can go.

I need to adjust the stock and I might have to go higher with mounts. I was so low I was having some eye box issues -- even with the comb all the way down. In all fairness I was at the bench with the wrong rests to boot.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Oregon45
What're they going for?

$907.99.
Why did you charge me so much more? I thought we was friends?
Ha! You paid the right price....
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
But does it shoot? grin

D,

Joel,

I mounted a scope as soon as I got home today. I put a SWFA 10x in some UTG medium rings. It's about as low as I can go.

I need to adjust the stock and I might have to go higher with mounts. I was so low I was having some eye box issues -- even with the comb all the way down. In all fairness I was at the bench with the wrong rests to boot.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/23/15
Looking at the receiver/stock geometry, I would think an AR type mount or AR ring height would be about right.
Im not going to claim to be the smartest guy here, but for the guys asking for this in .223 with a 8 twist... Why not just get an AR? I've got a 20" bull barrel 1:8 223 AR and it is a tack driver.
because my mom won't let me have a dangerous semi-auto evil black gun. As long as I live in her basement, I have to abide by her rules....
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15

D,

Joel,

[Linked Image]

Thanks, I am still debating glass, but I think I'll pick up a set of high rings.

What really surprised me about that rifle, was the stock. In pictures, it looks "busy" for lack of a better descriptor. It also doesn't look like it could possibly be comfortable.

As soon as I shouldered it though, I was hooked. It was like baby bear's soup.
In the American Rifleman article, the rifle appears to have an ambidextrous safety and a stob for the toe of the stock for shooting off the bench. Neither of those were present in the box with mine.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Looking at the receiver/stock geometry, I would think an AR type mount or AR ring height would be about right.

That's the way to go.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15
Short action can you ship to my ffl
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15
he's shipping to mine....
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15
I hope they all shoot like schit.

(jealous font)

Clark
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Im not going to claim to be the smartest guy here, but for the guys asking for this in .223 with a 8 twist... Why not just get an AR? I've got a 20" bull barrel 1:8 223 AR and it is a tack driver.

Seating length. Try getting a 75gr Amax into an AR magazine.
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Short action can you ship to my ffl
yep...

...and two more 243's just hit the door.
Posted By: jsthntn247 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/24/15
So did you shoot the darn thing or what
Not for groups. I got it on paper and had to leave. The wife was actually standing on the back porch rushing me along...and I made us late. had to play with the new toy though.

It will get tested thoroughly tomorrow.
Just got home with mine. I have managed to get my bipod mounted, but no rings or scope yet. Looking forward to shooting it, but I am booked up for the next few days.
Originally Posted by jsthntn247

Shot my first group about five minutes ago. First load I tried...

I used blue box Federal 100's to get it on paper. These were 105 VLD's on top of H4831sc. I'd say it's going to shoot!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Nice
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Looks good for a first try!
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Ass holes.

Dave
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
You guys are all like the free porn sites....cuts out at the good parts. Who gets a new gun and makes it to the range only to "Had to leave early"?? WTF?
Posted By: Nrut Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
You guys are all like the free porn sites....cuts out at the good parts. Who gets a new gun and makes it to the range only to "Had to leave early"?? WTF?

Agreed!
[bleep] the wife..
And what's with the pissant 3 shot groups?
This rifle needs to show 5 shot minimum, preferably 10 shot groups..
>grin<
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Originally Posted by jsthntn247

Shot my first group about five minutes ago. First load I tried...

I used blue box Federal 100's to get it on paper. These were 105 VLD's on top of H4831sc. I'd say it's going to shoot!

[Linked Image]

If it doesn't shoot one ragged hole it's not worth having. Send it to me, I'll work on fixing that problem <grin>
It does...

I mounted the scope in higher rings and adjusted the stock. Had five more loaded up - same load as before. First on paper was way left. 1.2 mills right and these were the next three. Last one went over the Chrony at 2815..

Edit: a buddy came over and wanted to shoot the rifle. He shot the group above. I'll shoot more later this afternoon after I get more loaded.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: sidepass Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Tease! Will have to order one in 6.5 after I get back from China in November.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
It does...

I mounted the scope in higher rings and adjusted the stock. Had five more loaded up - same load as before. First on paper was way left. 1.2 mills right and these were the next three. Last one went over the Chrony at 2815..

Edit: a buddy came over and wanted to shoot the rifle. He shot the group above. I'll shoot more later this afternoon after I get more loaded.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D*mn. Guess I'm gonna have to locate one, preferably in .243, though I could be convinced to add another 6.5 Creed to the stable.
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
That's impressive!

David
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
Originally Posted by huntsman22
he's shipping to mine....

What scope are you going to put on it?

David
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
was going to go SS, but swfa is out until sept. Until then a burris or vortex
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15

[Linked Image]

Yeah I just don't see that working out.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
I want one in 308
Loaded 10 105 A-Max's .010" into the lands. Same powder charge as I was using for the 105 VLD, 41.0 of H4831sc. COAL is 2.763". They fit the PMAG 10's with room to spare.

[Linked Image]

Headed to the range and let 10 fly as quickly as I could get back on target. POI was different than the VLD's, but they show promise too.

[Linked Image]

I'm still not totally comfortable behind the stock. I've no doubt I'm the reason the group was as big as it was. This thing should sing with some real load development. I can't wait to stretch it out...

I want one in 308

I'll make that happen next week....

Headed to the range and let 10 fly as quickly as I could get back on target.

That proves nothing and likely smoked the barrel.

Internet Guy
I want one in 308

I'll make that happen next week....

I may have to apologize for calling you an ass hole and ask you to get me one.

Travis
I'll get even with you when I ship it....
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
You gonna get any more in 6.5?
Posted By: Nrut Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/25/15
[Linked Image]

Thank you.. smile
5 shots at 100...105 VLD's.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/26/15
Originally Posted by Nrut
[bleep] the wife..
>grin<

That's why he had to leave early.
Posted By: fats Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/28/15
I got to fondle a precision .243 today. Nice rifle. I believe I'd like it better with an A2 stock. But that's just me. I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with it.

I didn't get a chance to handle the .308 that they had as well.

The trigger was great!
Posted By: reelman Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/28/15
It looks cool but they put the stupid Savage style trigger in it, that's a killer for me.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/28/15
Will it shoot this?

Berger 115 gr Match Grade VLD Hunting
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/28/15
Originally Posted by SU35
Will it shoot this?

Berger 115 gr Match Grade VLD Hunting

Maybe, depending on your elevation. However, why would you want the 115 grain? You'll get more speed out of the 105 grain to more than make up the BC difference. I messed with the 115's and they shot great, but the 105's shot at least 200 fps faster often closer to 300 fps and grouped just as well.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
I cannot wait to get my hands on one of those babies!

Finally some real twists...
Posted By: fourbore Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
Originally Posted by reelman
It looks cool but they put the stupid Savage style trigger in it, that's a killer for me.

I feel just the opposite. If I choose to re-arrange the wording, I might say the gun looks stupid and the trigger, oh boy, not cool but it works. That front blade allows a justifiably (lawyer) paranoid company like Ruger to provide a very very nice trigger.

I used to hate the look of the Savage with accutrigger. And I test fired a Ruger 77 and though that was two guns I had no use for ever. That 77 trigger was unbelievable, god awful bad. Fast forward. I own a Ruger American and now that excellent trigger looks ok to me. Form follows function. Rambo styling for the sake of cool, that is another story.

If it turns out the future of rifle accuracy looks like this Ruger, my view of ugly may change. For now, I have my choice (up or down $$$) of Kimber,Cooper,Browning,Sako,CZ,etc for a more to my style, traditional look, and just as accurate shooting a gun.

I am always pleased to see a fine company like Ruger successful. I wish all buyers of this gun the best. On a personal note, I wish Ruger took the American action and offered a higher-end varmint/target gun with a traditional look. I dont know if that would sell. I dont even know if I would want one. Just more the direction I would like to see.

Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
I had a 17lb 'PRS' type rifle that bug-holed every bullet I ever shot out of it..... it was easily the most "accurate" rifle I've ever owned. It didn't last six months on the scene.... because it was a cumbersome boat anchor,

Cool to see Ruger build these..... but 15-17lbs all-up is a whole lotta Rosey.....
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
mine showed up today. Still waiting on rings.....I think it turned out O.K......

[Linked Image]
Nice! ...and I just remembered I was supposed to send measurements...
too late.......grin
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
I had a 17lb 'PRS' type rifle that bug-holed every bullet I ever shot out of it..... it was easily the most "accurate" rifle I've ever owned. It didn't last six months on the scene.... because it was a cumbersome boat anchor,

Cool to see Ruger build these..... but 15-17lbs all-up is a whole lotta Rosey.....

Exactly.

Only accurate rifles are interesting. Portable accurate rifles, that is. These guns hold my interest about like Unlimited Benchrest guns.

I would imagine there will be quite a few of these Rugers that get shot just enough to show off some pretty groups on the internet, then propped in a corner until the need for something else new and flashy comes along. Oh well, that's what keeps gun companies in business!
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15
Huntsman22. What caliber did you buy. Who did the cerekote work? Looks excellent.
6.5 creed. cerakote? it's krylon. I'm a cheap fugg......
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/29/15

Ship it to me first so I can give it an accurizing job before Travis takes delivery. I have some of his powder left that I can load up some test rounds...

Ship it to me first so I can give it an accurizing job before Travis takes delivery. I have some of his powder left that I can load up some test rounds...

Deal, but only if there is a picture posted of you holding the rifle. I'm figuring I could use that as bribery in the future...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/30/15
Got 'er scoped and sighted in. First shot was left and low. Adjusted up and over, hit above the bull left, adjusted down and over and hit just low, moved it up and stacked 3 rounds in a ragged hole. Didn't measure. Next 5 at steel. Banged 2,3,4,5 and missed at 600. I reckon it kinda wants to shoot. Will wring it out more tomorrow, when it is calmer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/30/15
6.5 creed. cerakote? it's krylon. I'm a cheap fugg......

No you're not.

You make a cheap fugg look like diamond Jim Brady.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/30/15
that too....
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/30/15
Good looking gun and looks like a nice place you have also
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/30/15
Got 'er scoped and sighted in. First shot was left and low. Adjusted up and over, hit above the bull left, adjusted down and over and hit just low, moved it up and stacked 3 rounds in a ragged hole.

[Linked Image]

Looks like my slingshot groups

smile
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
Huntsman,

Are those standard AR height rings?

I have one coming in 6.5 Creed. I'm liking that you're doing the load development.

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
nightforce xtra high
Hey guys, a question.... I never used these blade-type triggers all that much, so am looking for input. Does it hurt anything, or make them unsafe to pin the fugging blade back?
Took it to 700 yds on steel. Then went out......200 to 363 on meat....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
cool cool cool
Posted By: JPro Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
That looks damn good! Ruger should sell a bunch of them.

Bought a used SS RAR Compact last week to keep in the truck. Swapped the factory trigger spring for one the same length cut from lighter stock (Brownells variety spring pack) and it is now at 2.1 lbs without a problem. Spring is engaged/compressed and the tension screw is about flush with the trigger body, so I may pull the blade and see how it goes.
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
Hey guys, a question.... I never used these blade-type triggers all that much, so am looking for input. Does it hurt anything, or make them unsafe to pin the fugging blade back?

Looking good Don. At this point, what's your overall impression of the package? How do you think it does at range vs your 77/LRHS Creed?

I won't swear it's safe, but I've been running my 22LR RAR Predator without the blade for a thousand rounds or so without issue.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
Took it to 700 yds on steel. Then went out......200 to 363 on meat....

Meat?? Man, I thought you were joking when you said you liked 'em with fava beans and a nice Chianti...
Carl, I need to play with it more. It does fine, but I shoot the 77 pred better. The RPR does a bit better than the American pred on steel.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15

Don,

Does the trigger assembly resemble the standard RAR trigger? If so, you can pitch the blade and the factory trigger spring will reset the trigger. If you then decide to pitch the trigger spring, you will most likely need a really weak spring to allow for a reset.

On the other hand, if you keep the blade and pitch the trigger spring then the blade should reset the trigger. At least that is how it works on a plain RAR.

Jason
I really don't want to remove the blade or trigger spring. Just want to know if it's OK to leave everything as is, and add a trigger shoe. I shot it this afternoon with the shoe(it holds the blade back) and all seemed fine, but was wanting to see if safety, or damage was a concern.....
Posted By: Shag Re: Ruger's New Offering - 07/31/15
You seen Big Sticks modification?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/01/15
no sir. link?
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/01/15
I don't have the link but he ties it down with monofilament.

What does your rifle weigh as is huntsman?

Travis
dunno. don't have a scale. I'll get it sometime today.
Ha. I did have more batteries.....

10 round loaded P-Mag, Harris bipod included.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/02/15
Anyone know who has the best prices on 6.5 Creedmore?
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/02/15
I'd give SAS a ring or shoot him a PM. If he doesn't have the best price, I'd be surprised...
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
I seen one place jacked the price up on the 6.5 over $100 more
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
$100 more than what?....
Posted By: BurninDupont Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
The 243 I'm assuming.

Nice shooting by the way that looks like fun.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
I am seeing most .308/6.5 going for $1399 and .243 around $1K. Sportsman's will sell them for $999.00, only getting .308 and 6.5 for now I am told.
Posted By: 17_wizzer Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
Deal of the day 6.5 CM for $1199.99

http://www.deguns.net/Ruger-Precision-Rifle-6-5-Creedmoor-18005-p/18005.htm

for those that are looking
Posted By: fats Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
That's about $300 too much!
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
How the h**l did they get 86 (or more)? LGS is struggling to get ONE.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
Originally Posted by fats
That's about $300 too much!
$200 for sure.
Posted By: cotis Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
Ha. I did have more batteries.....

10 round loaded P-Mag, Harris bipod included.

[Linked Image]

Sweet setup. What rings are those?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
american rifle co M-10 xtra high

http://www.americanrifle.com/M10-Scope-Rings.html
Posted By: TrevorG Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/03/15
Originally Posted by Ringman
An FBI sniper instructor was at the Grants Pass shooting range instructing several of the FBI snipers. I was still making rings in those days so I thought I might show off my wares. After shooting the breeze with the instructor for a few minutes he showed me some of the 100 yard targets. The rifles were heavy barrel .308's of some kind. The target was a photo of the instructor more or less hiding behind his wife with most of his face showing over her shoulder. To his chagrin most of the trainees hit his wife instead of him.

A little editorializing: I think they don't like guns like we do. The rifle is just another tool to them like the vehicle or the vest.

Was that instructor's name Ron Frigulti by any chance?
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/04/15
can 6.5 creedmore brass be formed from 22-250?

I'm having a hell of a time finding any.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/04/15
Originally Posted by David_Walter
can 6.5 creedmore brass be formed from 22-250?

I'm having a hell of a time finding any.

Yes.

Looks up Mule Deer's cream of wheat fireforming method. Works great!

I've also necked it up in several stages (22 to 6mm, then 6mm to 6.5), and fireformed.
Posted By: fats Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/04/15
Cabela's in Garner NC had some 6.5 creedmoor brass on the shelf a few weeks ago.

Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/04/15
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000386281/6half-Creedmore-Unprimed-Rifle-Brass-50-Count

David
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/05/15
Don,

How do you like the Burris scope?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/05/15
Took it to a LR shoot yesterday and today. It performed flawlessly except for my stupidity at resetting the zero stop...
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/06/15
can the 6.5 creedmoor be made from necking down 300 savage brass?

Brass and ammo seem to be in short supply.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/06/15
There's 10 boxes of Hornady 6.5 Creed brass in stores around my parts.... and I know a place that'll give you a kick ass deal on a case of 140 Amax factory loads if you need'em.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/06/15
I can't find any, so have them give me a call.

PM sent with phone number
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/09/15
Anymore more range reports for the Ruger Precision Rifle? Dealer and distributor shelves are bare in this neck of the woods, and I'm 'dieing' to get my hands on one (6.5 or 243).
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/09/15
Anymore more range reports for the Ruger Precision Rifle? Dealer and distributor shelves are bare in this neck of the woods, and I'm 'dieing' to get my hands on one (6.5 or 243).

I slapped this 243 together friday afternoon and spent some time Saturday morning getting some factory Winchester brass sized to the chamber for subsequent neck sizing. I used SAS's OAL for some 105 AMAX's pushed by some IMR4350. Only spent time at 100 yds with the final 10 ten shots looking just about like SAS's group that he posted. First time using a blade type trigger but took no time to get use to and the factory pull was good to go.

The stock took a few shots to get adjusted to my liking but after that it felt great. Bolt lift is nice on a sprung firing pin.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/09/15
wi, I took mine up to the Kifaru LR shoot/clinic deallie tuesday and wednesday. Garrett Bussinger had a 3 shot, 2 inch group at 600 with no wind. It sucks to get out-shot with yer own gun......

Also ran Accurate Mag 10 rounders, AICS 10 rounders, P-Mag 10 and 20 's thru it with no problems. Feed and function was great no matter what I stuck in 'er....
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/09/15
wi, I took mine up to the Kifaru LR shoot/clinic deallie tuesday and wednesday. Garrett Bussinger had a 3 shot, 2 inch group at 600 with no wind. It sucks to get out-shot with yer own gun......

Also ran Accurate Mag 10 rounders, AICS 10 rounders, P-Mag 10 and 20 's thru it with no problems. Feed and function was great no matter what I stuck in 'er....

What's the emoticon for drooling ?
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/14/15
anyone know when Ruger will be offering additional barrels so I can switch calibers when I want?
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/16/15
I really don't want to remove the blade or trigger spring. Just want to know if it's OK to leave everything as is, and add a trigger shoe. I shot it this afternoon with the shoe(it holds the blade back) and all seemed fine, but was wanting to see if safety, or damage was a concern.....

Which trigger shoe did you use?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/16/15
ace 15

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15
Thanks!

Have you had any issues using the shoe?

I think I could use one on several of my Americans.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15
So far, it's been a nice improvement over the funky blade. That said, the blades don't seem to bother me as much on my Americans.....
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15
That is interesting where do you get the shoe?
I had it. But Gunbroker usually has a selection.....
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=501701259
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15
anyone know when Ruger will be offering additional barrels so I can switch calibers when I want?

Interestingly enough, I have a friend who is in the barrel making business that is trying to get his hands on one of these rifles. I suspect that he's eyeing making pre-fit barrels in other calibers for the Ruger Precision Rifle. I could be wrong . . .
Wrong? If he's your friend, call his azz and find out.....
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/17/15

On it . . . .
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/19/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: clos Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/19/15
Nice shooting Don. Rifle looks way cool.
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/19/15

TFF, dang that was a good one.....
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/20/15

Well knowing that my barrel making friend is not one to answer his phone, but will respond to a text as time permits in the barrel making process, I sent him a text.

In short I asked if in fact his plan was to make barrels for the Ruger PR, and if so did he plan on doing fast twist .224 barrels, possibly 7mm barrels, other 6mm and 6.5 chamberings. His one word reply was "Yes".

Problem is that he or I need to get our hands on one so that he can do some measuring and fitting, and out dealer's and distributor's supply has dried up.

Side note -- neither of us are willing or going to pay full MSRP. I at least will hold out until I can get one for the project 'street price' of ~$1K.
Posted By: g5m Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/21/15
One LGS has a waiting list. Price of $1099.
Posted By: viking Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/21/15
So how would a 243 compare to the 6.5 at longer ranges. Beyond 500 yard and such.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/22/15
Originally Posted by viking
So how would a 243 compare to the 6.5 at longer ranges. Beyond 500 yard and such.

Given good bullets for both- the 243 will drop less and drift will be nearly identical between them.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/23/15

Well knowing that my barrel making friend is not one to answer his phone, but will respond to a text as time permits in the barrel making process, I sent him a text.

In short I asked if in fact his plan was to make barrels for the Ruger PR, and if so did he plan on doing fast twist .224 barrels, possibly 7mm barrels, other 6mm and 6.5 chamberings. His one word reply was "Yes".

Problem is that he or I need to get our hands on one so that he can do some measuring and fitting, and out dealer's and distributor's supply has dried up.

Side note -- neither of us are willing or going to pay full MSRP. I at least will hold out until I can get one for the project 'street price' of ~$1K.

GAP is already doing it.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/23/15
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

GAP is already doing it.

As will others ...
Posted By: fourbore Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/23/15

Would it be necessary and best to get drawings from Ruger complete with the tollerences instead of machine a batch based on measured values from one gun? Just my 2c, and obviously I have no idea if Ruger will cooperate with either a qualified gunsmith or aftermarket supplier.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/27/15
What online sellers are selling these rifles
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 08/27/15

Ruger can't meet the demand for the rifles. This leads me to believe that if they had the notion to add calibers or barrels, those may be some time in coming. That said, aftermarket barrels/chamberings will likely be available well before Ruger gets off the mark.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/05/15
Last I heard from my barrel making buddy, he'd gotten his hands on a RPR and had rebarreled it in a matter of an hour or so to 6.5x47 Lapua. Haven't heard how it shoots, but will assume that after a few break-in rounds it'll be on it's way to being a real shooter.

If and when I get my hands on one (.243 hopefully) I'll shoot it as is before making any rebarreling decisions. Though I will say that the possibility of taking it out to a 243AI or even rebarreleing to 6x47 (Lapua) has crossed my mind.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/07/15
I guess the stores that are selling them are probably selling them over priced
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/11/15
got my first can

[Linked Image]
Great pic.

Any 1000 yd prairie dogs yet?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
I guess the stores that are selling them are probably selling them over priced

FWIW, the small dealer wholesale price for the RPR is $825.
got my first can

[Linked Image]

Details Sir! Details?

What kind, how do you like it?

Looks really sweet!

Mike
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
SICO Harvester. Won't be able to play with it until tuesday. Wrangling dudes all weekend and crop insurance meetings monday. I'll get PD pics as soon as I wring it out.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
got my first can

Can't be your first. Every time I've called you for the last 10 years you've been settin' on the can.
Good deal!

I'm thinking you will love it
You must live in one of the least populated counties in the entire State of Colorado and the noise associated with shooting is unlikely to bother your neighbors, so why suppress?
Posted By: Nrut Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
prairie dogs have ears also..
Whenever I've shot pdogs, the objective was to hit center of mass, not preservation of their hearing.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Why not suppress?
Posted By: MolonLabe41 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Why not suppress?

Exactly?????

Saves your own hearing as well
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Whenever I've shot pdogs, the objective was to hit center of mass, not preservation of their hearing.

PRAIRIE DOG EARS MATTER!!!

( theres a target between them....) grin
Posted By: Nrut Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15

I'll let you figure it out for yourself..
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Originally Posted by Nrut

I'll let you figure it out for yourself..

grin
Posted By: Captain Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Depending on barrel length a suppressor can give higher velocity than non-suppressed thereby extending the range that the projectile stays super-sonic.
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
Why not suppress?

Exactly?????

I wear earplugs whenever I shoot pdogs, but since I have those six RAR-Predators with threaded barrels, I guess that I'll have to order a suppressor and see what all the buzz is about for myself.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15

PRAIRIE DOG EARS MATTER!!!
( theres a target between them....) grin

Not any more.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
Perfect.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/12/15
I've found that p-dogs stay up much longer with a suppressed rifle. It's like shooting with a 22 mag vs. a 22-250, but having full powered rifle "reach".
Yes, I've heard that.
Posted By: MolonLabe41 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/13/15
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
Why not suppress?

Exactly?????

I wear earplugs whenever I shoot pdogs, but since I have those six RAR-Predators with threaded barrels, I guess that I'll have to order a suppressor and see what all the buzz is about for myself.

Six eh, come on man, get with the modern obammy mainstream vibe of redistribution. You don't need all six, give me one and I'll suppress it and I'll suppress one of the five leftover for you grin
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/13/15
I'm redistributing wealth. A farmer rents my irrigated section to grow a crop. I collect the rent, pay the taxes, make the improvements, pay for the maintenance of the well, pump, and center-pivot sprinkler, and from whatever is left spend about $2K per month on shooting sports. Heck, I think that I've purchased close to $1K worth of stuff from 24HCF members in the past 30 days and made a commitment to purchase another $840 just yesterday.
I'm redistributing wealth. A farmer rents my irrigated section to grow a crop. I collect the rent, pay the taxes, make the improvements, pay for the maintenance of the well, pump, and center-pivot sprinkler, and from whatever is left spend about $2K per month on shooting sports. Heck, I think that I've purchased close to $1K worth of stuff from 24HCF members in the past 30 days and made a commitment to purchase another $840 just yesterday.

Lol. I hear yeah, I've bought four firearms in last two mon the and looks like I might be buying a rifle off a fella here. I picked two rifles up this passed Friday. One under the disguise that it's fornher......lol......it really is though. It's a new marlin XT 22lr

Lol. I hear yeah, I've bought four firearms in last two months and looks like I might be buying a rifle off a fella here. I picked two rifles up this passed Friday. One under the disguise that it's for her......lol......it really is though. It's a new marlin XT 22lr
Posted By: fourbore Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/20/15
I understand, there is a specific competition this gun is gear for. It does not bear the name of the event,so; I dont know what that is. It is called "Precision Rifle" and I am sure as heck 99% of buyers are looking for the "Precision" part and not the competition part. Around here anyways. One LGS had one and sold it (fast)before I get get a curiosity look. So I asked. Is there any club within a 100 miles they know of with a 1000 yard range. Nope no one knows of any. Maybe a place about 50 miles east with 600 yard setup. They seem to do a brisk business in 50 bmg and ar, ak, black shotguns etc....

I found this image on another forum. By Wheeler Accuracy. It sure looks "Precision" to me. Does anyone think that Ruger would sell (I mean to the 99%) if it even remotely looked like this?

[Linked Image]

I would think the weight could be changed and magazine added if a design had to meet certain competition requirements. I mean for the 1% looking to shoot a certain event, what ever mystery event that might be. And the stock could be blackened if that is required. Then maybe a buyer this look would attract would expect more than 3/4 moa performance?

Stirring the pot,
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/20/15
I feel sorry for you phugs that don't have 1000 yds between houses.
I am sorry too. Roots is roots and probably lucky for you, most of us remain close to home. I did recently loose a retired friend to Arizona. I suspect never to return. Watch what you say, more might follow.

btw - Real precision can be appreciated at any distance.
closest neighbor, 4 miles.....

[Linked Image]

The rifle has a name as of this morning. Meet Jack the RipPeR....
Nice! If I lived with a view like that, a 50 bmg would be top on my wish list.

[Linked Image]

I want to see you holding it up one handed above your head yelling Wolverine!!!!!

Mike
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/20/15
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

[Linked Image]

I want to see you holding it up one handed above your head yelling Wolverine!!!!!

Mike

What is the purose, and what do you shoot with a 50cal? Other than burn alot of powder. Just askin?
mine ain't a .50 .....
Posted By: MolonLabe41 Re: Ruger's New Offering - 09/24/15

[Linked Image]

Man is that a sweet set up. IVe been waiting for almost 3 months now for the local Sportsman's outlet or any shop to get these in. They were ordered a long time ago. I want one in 6.5
© 24hourcampfire