Home
Posted By: Burleyboy 28 nosler brass is available - 08/04/15
A local shop had some 28 nosler brass on the shelf the other day. I did some checking online and Cabelas has it too and it's on sale right now for $49/box. Still not cheap at $2 each but I ordered some.

I have a 700 ultramag action and a Rock 7mm 8.75 twist barrel. Now I just need to find a decent smith with the reamer.

Bb
Yeah, me too. I would like to have a 28 Nosler. Not really sure why??
I know. I also have an ULTA Mag action and some parts, that would make a nice 28-

BB thanks for the heads-up on the brass.
Hope it lasts for many reloads @ $2 a pop.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Hope it lasts for many reloads @ $2 a pop.

That's not a terrible price, especially for a brand new cartridge. Many Weatherby cartridges are that much or more per piece.
Didn't know that, thanks. I know I paid a lot for Lapua 300 WM brass but that's Lapua for you. Stuff last a long time. The 28 Nosler is the one I'd go with just because I'm a 284 slut. The 30 version will probably sell well too.
I usually pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 per piece for my once fired 257Wby and 240Wby when I can find it. New stuff is about $2 per piece. Glad I don't shoot the the 460Wby or 338-378Wby. That new brass is over $4 !!!
Posted By: gzig5 Re: 28 nosler brass is available - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I usually pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 per piece for my once fired 257Wby and 240Wby when I can find it. New stuff is about $2 per piece. Glad I don't shoot the the 460Wby or 338-378Wby. That new brass is over $4 !!!

Yes, but I think you'd have to a masochist to wear out 50 pieces of 460Wby brass.
Didn't know that, thanks. I know I paid a lot for Lapua 300 WM brass but that's Lapua for you. Stuff last a long time. The 28 Nosler is the one I'd go with just because I'm a 284 slut. The 30 version will probably sell well too.

I wish lapua made belted mag brass.. That 300 win you bought was Norma with a lapua stamp. Funny hearing guys go on about how much better it was than anything else.
I hear you. They say that Norma brass is to soft too, and I have a batch of 280 Rem brass that I fire formed for my Ackley and it seems to be holding up fine with max loads. That brass is very consistent for weight too. I've heard folks talk positively about RWS 300 WM brass but I can't find any to check out. The shortest life brass I had for my 300 WM was Remington. Loose primer pockets after 3-4 loadings.
I hear you. They say that Norma brass is to soft too, and I have a batch of 280 Rem brass that I fire formed for my Ackley and it seems to be holding up fine with max loads. That brass is very consistent for weight too. I've heard folks talk positively about RWS 300 WM brass but I can't find any to check out. The shortest life brass I had for my 300 WM was Remington. Loose primer pockets after 3-4 loadings.

Huningtons usually has RWS 300 win.I bought some from them last year and my sample was as good as people say it is.
RWS brass is great, in my limited experience with 4 cartridges. Very consistent in all dimensions, plus weight, and hard where it needs to be.
Thanks. Just checked that site and it looks like they have some in stock.
© 24hourcampfire