http://imgur.com/HzA3ldq
Posted By: Fotis Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/23/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: logdog Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/23/15
Lies
Posted By: Fotis Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/23/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: T_O_M Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/23/15
I dunno what the hell is wrong with some folks. I can shoot bigger groups than that and it only takes me 2 shots. They wasted 8.

Anyways ... smile

What twist do they call for? I think they recommend a 1-8.5" for the 180 MK.

Tom
Fotis that a group you shot or one they shot in their underground range?
Posted By: rosco1 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/23/15
Love me some SMKs. But Sierra has been resting on thier laurels while berger/hornady/lapua have been stealing the show..I welcome some gen2 SMKs

Litz with Berger and the folks at Lapua, along with Hornady are in a competition that turns out cutting edge stuff..love it
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
It doesn't look like they have been resting. They have a nice new bullet that works real well.

Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
Originally Posted by Fotis
[Linked Image]

Nice group. I saw this on Facebook.

Thanks for posting it.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
It doesn't look like they have been resting. They have a nice new bullet that works real well.

they have been run over..and they know it
Posted By: Fotis Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
Correct they announced it yesterday on Facebook after doing the same thing as Hornady did......Advertise that something big is coming. They shot this group I am just posting it.
Posted By: logdog Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
What's the recommended twist? This might be good to all the guys with 1-9 1-10 twist that cant stabilize the 195 Berger.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
Sierra's website says 1/8 twist required.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/store/product.cfm/sn/1983/284-dia-183-gr-HPBT
Posted By: logdog Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
1-8 Twist required. I think the 195 Berger is a better choice. But you can shove the 183 faster so it might out perform the Berger.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
[Linked Image]

That's fuggen outrageous. I wonder what the specifics are on how that was shot and with what?
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: New sierra lr bullet - 10/24/15
I'd be jumpin up and down with a group like that at 100 and only 3 shots.
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
[Linked Image]

That's fuggen outrageous. I wonder what the specifics are on how that was shot and with what?

They have a 200 yd underground range at their factory in Sedalia, you can bet it was shot there. In fact they have a number of such group cards on display with all manor of calibers. The "rifles" I saw were Remington 700s with extremely heavy barrels.

BTW, you don't have to be anyone special to tour the factory, my wife and I were near Sedalia last spring and stopped in to their factory outlet to buy some seconds (they have barrels of them). I asked about a tour and one of their techs took about 2 hours to show us all around. Fun and informative.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/09/15
Sierra Bullets have probably won more rifle matches than all the other makers combined!!
Posted By: bellydeep Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/09/15
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Sierra Bullets have probably won more rifle matches than all the other makers combined!!

Only because they've been around longer. Got a little complacent in their prior market share. Then Lapua and Berger started eating it up.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/09/15
Berger makes some good shizs
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/10/15
[Linked Image]

You have crossed over to the dark side, promoting SMK's!
Posted By: Nortex Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/13/15
They posted a article as well showing that it's basically running a hybrid type profile as well.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/13/15
I'm really interested in their 95 grain TMK for the 6mm's. It has the same BC as the 105 A-Max and should squirt out the tube a little faster. However I don't think Stick'll make the switch. wink
Posted By: rifleman700 Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/16/15
Sure wish they would have put a plastic tip on it so I don't have to trim the meplat to use it for hunting.
Posted By: Fotis Re: New sierra lr bullet - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by jwp475
[Linked Image]

You have crossed over to the dark side, promoting SMK's!

Just an FYI John
© 24hourcampfire