Home
My question is how well does the 110 Accubond hold up when shot at the 3500 fps warp speed from a 270 Win.

The Nosler box primarily identifies them as a 6.8 mm caliber.
.277 is in finer print on the box.

This tends to indicate to me that the 110 AB bullet was developed for the slower speeds of the 6.8 rather then the .270 speeds.

Have you had any experience hitting game with them at 34-3500 fps and what were the results? Are they reaching through the body cavity of deer or pigs?

Thanks
Jim
I shoot them in my 270 wby, kills stuff dead. I guess it hasn't failed.
Hanco

Did you get any exits?
i used to groundhog hunt with light bullets in my 270 all the time. i shot 100-110 grn bullets most of the time. hornady and speer hollow points back then.
Switch to a 110 TTSX and rock on with no worries.
95 ttsx in a friends dads gun was impressive. None of the hand grenade type wounds that some seem to desire though.

And after switching to them in his 270 loads we rarely had to look far for a deer, even as his placement got a bit tough. Even the gut shots now and then didn't go all that far and Tiger could hop out of the jeep and find em usually right quickly.
Never a 270, but from my 257 wby at 3400 they've performed well.
Nosler tech recommended 3200 as the top end speed for reliability on deer.
Originally Posted by C_ROY
Switch to a 110 TTSX and rock on with no worries.

A couple weeks ago I killed a couple pigs over 200 pounds running these at 3,500 feet per second. Exit on both. Great accuracy with Ramshot hunter.
Sure wish Federal was still making that load.
[Linked Image]

The 110 gr in 270 has few equals on the chart:
7mmRemMag 140 gr
300WinMag 130 gr
used the 6.8 110 accu-bonds in a 270 on one deer worked just fine deer dropped at the shot.

Ed
Loved the 110 Fed load and still have several boxes left.

Uncommonly interested in the 85-grain Nosler E-Tip. Wondering if anyone has worked up data.

A mono at 4Kish should be pretty flat to 400, no?
In .277" bullets, there was a 110gn Hornady in the 70's that was very impressive on deer and a 100gn Barnes X bullet in the 90's that was equally impressive.
No reason why new adaptation of proven formula's can't be learned by the next generation.
I played around with the 85 TSX in a 270 a couple years ago. 3800 fps was easy to achieve and accuracy was good. I never killed anything with it though.

I also remember Prairie Goat talking about his dad using the 85 TSX on several animals including elk.

I never messed with the Accubond, 100 or 110, but that doesn't mean I won't someday. I'd expect good results, but I wouldn't make it a top choice for long range hunting.
Derrick,
How long was the barrel on that .270?
22".

I was wrong. It was 24". Here's a link to the old thread:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9005592/1

That was really a pretty interesting thread. I forgot how entertaining this place used to be!

In my 50 plus years of experience in shooting the .270, the 100gr or 110gr slugs will do the trick on any varmint, coyote, deer that you can name. I recall a coyote
about two years ago with 110gr. Sierra BT that hit the left shoulder, and disintegrated the right quarter of that poor howler.
I shoot several 110's in a stock all weather Ruger 270 with the boat paddle stock

110g Tipped tripple shock
110g Hornady HP
110g Sierra Pro Hunter

58g of Win 760-1/2" groups

57+g of R#17 with a fed 215-3/4" groups

All bullets print to the same point of impact.

I sight in at 200, and at 300 groups are around 3".

I got butkus for groups with the 110g Accubonds-will not buy anymore
© 24hourcampfire