Home
Posted By: smokepole Android apps - 05/15/17
What's your favorite ballistic app for androids, and if you've used more than one, why is it your favorite? Thanks.
Posted By: thumper338 Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
Nikon SpotON
Posted By: m77 Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
Strelok.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
Originally Posted by thumper338
Nikon SpotON

That appears to be an on-line program that works with Nikon scopes only.

I'm looking for a ballistic app that I can use on my android phone.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
is this what you are looking for ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nikon.spoton&hl=en

P.
Thanks PD, but in a word, no. It only works with Nikon scopes. And by the looks of the first four reviews shown, not very well for those.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
Originally Posted by smokepole
Thanks PD, but in a word, no. It only works with Nikon scopes. And by the looks of the first four reviews shown, not very well for those.

if you know of an online program that works for you , I can send it to a friend who writes android codes.

P.
Thanks for the offer but I'm just looking for a ballistic app that's ready to go. There are several out there, I've tried one and am interested in other's opinions.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
strelok for me too.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
Applied Ballistics supposedly works well on Android.
I had AB on my last phone, and that phone got itself broken. It worked OK at first, but then got a little squirrelly on me. Wouldn't automatically correct for altitude and a couple of other quirks.

Which one do you use Jordan?
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Android apps - 05/15/17
I use Ballistic:AE, but unfortunately they only make an iOS version- nothing for Android.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Android apps - 05/16/17
Strelok + has done great by me so far
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Android apps - 05/16/17
When I've compared my data using Strelok and Applied Ballistic app, the A.B. is spot on for me. While I do like the fact that Strelok does provide a better list of scopes and their reticle choices, the data does not come out as accurate.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Android apps - 05/16/17
Thanks gonzaga, that's the kind of comparison I was looking for. Does strelok allow you to download files and print range cards? Also, does it allow you to shorten up the distance intervals to whatever you want?

Last question, which version of strelok did you use?

Thanks again.
Posted By: Partagas Re: Android apps - 05/16/17
Shooter App works great. I believe the app writer posts on snipers hide and some other forums. It has been around for quite a while and is a pretty robust program. It was out before there was so many other apps out there.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Android apps - 05/16/17
I like strelok, just have to watch their temperature sensitivity factor, default is a pretty large amount, when I set it to zero, it seems to fall into line with what real world shooting shows.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Android apps - 05/17/17
Originally Posted by Partagas
Shooter App works great. I believe the app writer posts on snipers hide and some other forums. It has been around for quite a while and is a pretty robust program. It was out before there was so many other apps out there.

This
© 24hourcampfire