Home
Looking to upgrade the HD5 on my 28 nosler. Looking to stay in the $1500 Range. I'm eyeing the SWFA and probably probably a used NXS 5-22.

I would prefer something 20x+ power, and preferably MOA, although mil will work (obviously with the SWFA).
Huskemaw for a hunting rifle.
Look at Vortex Great scopes for the money IMO
Go Nightforce NXS, 5.5-22 in whatever configuration works for you and never look back. If for some reason you don't like it you'll come close to getting your money back.
I am a big fan of the Bushnell LRHS scopes.. I've got two of the 4.5x18 models. One is illuminated and one is not. They both track like they should. Great scopes. I don't think you can go wrong with anything you mentioned.. I've got a few of those SWFA scopes I like a lot too. I've got a 5-20 SWFA HD (mil)for sale in the classifieds now. I wouldn't be selling it but got other projects I'm interested in.
You can never go wrong with a used NF, as long as you didn't want FFP. I have the 5-20SS and it is a good scope. Wait for the Black Friday sale and at that price is a hell of a bargain.
Are the nightforce 5-20x56 SHV's just laughable or are they a decent scope for the money? That one falls into the OP's price range...
Originally Posted by TNsavageman
I am a big fan of the Bushnell LRHS scopes.. I've got two of the 4.5x18 models. One is illuminated and one is not. They both track like they should. Great scopes. I don't think you can go wrong with anything you mentioned.. I've got a few of those SWFA scopes I like a lot too. I've got a 5-20 SWFA HD (mil)for sale in the classifieds now. I wouldn't be selling it but got other projects I'm interested in.

I had the opportunity to play with a 3x12x44 for a week and they really are a nice scope and a guy could save a few $$ over NF which would be my first choice if money is not an issue!
Another vote for the Bushnell LRHS. I like my 3x12 so much I'm going to try a 4.5x18.
Another vote for the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18. I have one of the MOA non illuminated. Excellent glass, tracks perfect, and a 24 MOA elevation turret. These are very well thought out scopes.
The march 3-24x52 can be found around $1600 and would be superb for your wants/needs.
Casey, if you go Bushnell, there is a 25% rebate through June 5 on all Bushnell products.
RedRabbit, is that a sale going on everywhere or do you need a code?
Starsky, it is a mail-in rebate. The form is on the Bushnell website.
http://bushnell.com/global/promotions
For anyone who qualifies for experticity's discounts that puts the Lrhs scopes in the neighborhood of $800
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
For anyone who qualifies for experticity's discounts that puts the Lrhs scopes in the neighborhood of $800

"Purchases made through Experticity or with any Vista Outdoor or retailer
employee discount program are excluded"

http://bushnell.com/Bushnell/files/72/72b12860-407d-459a-9109-7950d81c319e.pdf

That said the Mil Version on Optics Planet coupled with the 25% off coupon takes the price from $1199 down to $810.

Still a pretty good deal and $300 less than I paid for mine.
Nightforce NXS
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Nightforce NXS

For $1,500.00 it will be a used one.
Originally Posted by hunting1
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Nightforce NXS

For $1,500.00 it will be a used one.

You can get demos and new ones for around $1500.....Yukonal on here has a brand new one for $1500....keep your eyes open, you'll find one!!
Dang good deal on the Bushnell 25% off. I love the LRHS that I have. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, and I might.
I paid $1500 for my 5-22 NXS in like-new condition... pretty incredible aiming device, right there.
Maybe I have beer tastes on a champagne income, but my NXS, IOR, USO, Leup Mk IV, etc scopes do not make the long range hunt any better.

I like the Leupold VX3 and Sightron III.

They are cheap and get the job done way out there.
© 24hourcampfire