Home
Does anyone own or have shot one of Len's rifles? If so, could you tell me your likes/dislikes? How it shot? I'm looking at a Mountain Rifle in 6.5 GAP. Thanks.
Check the reviews on his website.
He has an entire forum. Check it out.
Looking for personal experience from members on this site, thanks!
I doubt many guys here own one of Lens rifles.
6.5 GAP is on the upper end of recoil I'd personally consider in a true Mountain Rifle... but it's in the conversation for sure. I'm having all kinda fun with a midweight 6.5 GAP. Very cool cartridge. The new 147 ELD...... nuff said. Can't comment on the rifle otherwise- would help if you posted pics/specs/links.
Because we'd build our own....
To all the guys who provided info, thank you. To Judman, what a jerk!
Sako76, Please don't be dismayed, when you go onto a great public site like this you'll get great feedback and information but also once in a while a knot head. While I haven't personally owned one of LENS rifles, I've seen them shoot and shot a couple. Len builds a great rifle and have not ever heard of a dis-satisfied owner. Be aware they are put together to shoot long range accurately therefore are on the heavier end of the scale. Many rifle builders believe you need a heavier rifle to assure accuracy especially long range. If you want an accurate well built rifle Len's a great guy. I tried to buy one once from a seller and had several discussions with Len about it before I made the offer. He was a gentleman and very helpful with my discussion,unfortunately is was a couple hours late and missed the deal. Good luck looking for a nice rifle.
My brother owns 2. Both in 6.5GAP. He first bought the mountain rifle and shot an Antelope with it a few months later a long way out. Recoil is minimal in this rifle but because its light muzzle jump takes you off target a little longer than he liked. He ordered another one and had it built a tad heavier. Instead of a titanium action, a short action stiller and a heavier barrel. He can now spot hits through his scope at 400+

Recoil is a little less but nothing noticeable. They are both tack drivers.

I personally shoot a GAP in the same caliber and my rifle is a tad heavy for long hikes, so I am building one (starting next week) on a tikka action.

You will not be disappointed with one of Len's guns, regardless of weight.

SnT
Thanks guys, just the kind of info I was looking for. I've never seen any bad reviews on Len's rifles and I've never seen a used one for sale (I guess that's a good thing), this first hand info is great! Same with GA Precision, you don't see many used ones for sale. I called Ga Precision and they said they are telling their customers there is an 8 month wait for a build and hoping to deliver it in 6 months. Len's Mountain Rifle weights 6.5 lbs bare and 8 lbs even with a Swarovski 3-18 Sheep Hunters scope, just right for a western hunting rifle. I'll let you guys know what I decide to do. Thanks again to all.
Exactly why my brother got his first one from Len. So impressed his next one was also from Len. And now hes waiting on a 28 Nosler build from Len. I guess you really cant go wrong.
SnT
I believe you will find those rifles are actually built by others and marketed on that site.
Kevin Cram at Montour rifles builds quite a few from what I'm told.
So why not just deal direct?
Originally Posted by Sako76
To all the guys who provided info, thank you. To Judman, what a jerk!

Ok, the last thing I wanna be is a jerk!! So I would simply decide what I wanted,and build it... save some $$$$ and build it to your specs... that being said, I'm sure lens rifles are dandys, if a guy wants to spend the scratch...
Originally Posted by yobuck
I believe you will find those rifles are actually built by others and marketed on that site.
Kevin Cram at Montour rifles builds quite a few from what I'm told.
So why not just deal direct?

This
To Judman, jerk remark taken back, I think we both need to take a step back and breath. Happy Father's Day all!
PM Sent
jetbrook--thank you!
he has a good site/forum, and lots of good info on there...
I'd look at MOA rifles, the Summit is 6 pound +/- and come with load development done. Pierce precision, boswell, and Hell Canyon arms all build nice sticks. I have a buddy of mine building a sub 5lb 1/2 6.5 Creedmore if you'd like contact info as well.
WRO--thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I'm in the process of pulling the trigger on the Long Range Mountain Rifle.
I wouldn't buy anything from a third party supplier and pay his markup...aka, Len.
© 24hourcampfire