Home
Posted By: javman CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 11/16/17
Took my CZ out and it feels great when factory ammo shoots consistent groups like this.

Attached picture image1.png
Yep.I put a Tacticool stock on my CZ 550 308.It's a shooter too.Enjoy!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: javman Re: CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 11/16/17
Trying to upload image
Posted By: javman Re: CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 11/16/17
https://imgur.com/gallery/dxkbV
Posted By: javman Re: CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 11/18/17

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...-4AC9-B83F-24B30A76EA86_zpschivepvl.jpeg
[Linked Image]
Ok now i was able to post pic.
[quote=baldhunter]Yep.I put a Tacticool stock on my CZ 550 308.It's a shooter too.Enjoy!

baldhunter,

You shoot at Starry range?
No,CC Pistol and Rifle Club.
Javman,

Which CZ 550 do you have? I've looked at th eCZ website and cannot find the CZ 550 American listed. Saw one a few years back and they are geogous rifles! Just curious which exact model your shooting so well with.
Posted By: javman Re: CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 12/06/17
Its the CZ 550 that has a 24” semi bull barrel. They marketed it under “Tacticool” in a Boyd’s stock. I believe the original CZ with the sporter stock was marketed as the “Varminter”. Seeing some one GB going for $750. They had gone up awhile back in price $900 plus. Sure shoots the 168 BTHP very well. My bud has a custom 308 rig that doesn’t even come close to this one.
Posted By: javman Re: CZ 550 Tacticool a shooter! - 12/06/17
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/724034599

My bad, it has a 25.6” barrel.
Originally Posted by javman
Its the CZ 550 that has a 24” semi bull barrel. They marketed it under “Tacticool” in a Boyd’s stock. I believe the original CZ with the sporter stock was marketed as the “Varminter”. Seeing some one GB going for $750. They had gone up awhile back in price $900 plus. Sure shoots the 168 BTHP very well. My bud has a custom 308 rig that doesn’t even come close to this one.

Thanks. I looked over the website did not see a "Taticool" model! Go figure.

Also noticed that they stopped making the 550? Too bad, seemed like great rifle.
Mine came with the Boyd's black laminated stock.The length of pull was a little too long for me.When they changed to the Tacticool stock I quickly ordered one from Boyd's to my specs.I like that stock much better.I bought mine on Gunbroker new for $580.00,hell of a deal on a great shooting rifle.Those CZ rifles are built heavy duty.I had to adjust the trigger on mine as per directions in manual.Thing breaks with super crisp,no creep,2.5lbs.The push forward factory set trigger breaks at under a pound.308 Win doesn't have that much recoil to start with,but with that heavy barrel,the recoil is so lite,it would make a great rifle for a kid or a woman too.
© 24hourcampfire