Home
...Long range 300 WinMag,

https://www.ruger.com/products/HawkeyeLRT/specSheets/47183.html

[Linked Image]
Well [bleep].

Once again, ruger is pushing out new stuff while other comanies stagnate.
Interesting I like that
Liking it too!
The rail is a few notches shorter than the EGW......
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Ruger is on fire lately... - 01/08/18
They say it's 10.7 lbs, add Ruger rings and a scope and it's probably over 12 lbs. If you are going to pack it much, no thanks.
WISH IT WAS TWISTED 1-9 to launch heavies.
I've had great results up to the 240gr Sierra in my 1/10 30-06.

The 1/9 would be the ticket though, if you wanted to shoot the Flat Line 198gr waaaaay out there.
If it was a 6mm Creedmoor, or a 6.5 Creedmoor, they's sell stacks of them competing head on with the Bergara HMR.

The new chasis rifle from HOWA looks interesting, as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjwPsKHA1s&feature=youtu.be

Posted By: Slider1 Re: Ruger is on fire lately... - 01/08/18
Yep wrong caliber.
I like 30 cal myself. I'm just glad they aren't offering it in LH......grin
Posted By: Potsy Re: Ruger is on fire lately... - 01/08/18
Looks like a Begara..........but it's a Ruger!

I too would like to see it chambered in that caliber we dare not speak of (not the .270, the other one).

I seriously wanted a CTR, I'll be in the market for something heavy this summer/fall, and this could inch ahead of a Tikka if it feels good enough to me.
Actually right caliber to send Berger 215 Hybrids a long ways. The RPR takes care of the smaller stuff.
Interesting

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by huntsman22
The rail is a few notches shorter than the EGW......

Good and high though....
not as high as the clamp-on WeejeeTinnee.....
Nice but 2 things are not right for my personal use. One, for a rifle that is already heavy I would rather have a 26" and more importantly, again for me is the magazine box is too short, one may not matter but combined surely do. In my 26" Sendero I have that magnum box and can run the 215 Berger at 2900+, doubt I could get there with this rifle, nice though !
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Ruger is on fire lately... - 01/09/18
neat
Originally Posted by huntsman22
not as high as the clamp-on WeejeeTinnee.....

Pre-drilled is awesome! Wonder if other cartridges will follow?
Originally Posted by Nomosendero2
Nice but 2 things are not right for my personal use. One, for a rifle that is already heavy I would rather have a 26" and more importantly, again for me is the magazine box is too short, one may not matter but combined surely do. In my 26" Sendero I have that magnum box and can run the 215 Berger at 2900+, doubt I could get there with this rifle, nice though !

Not quite sure how the magnum box allows you to run 2900 fps.
Ruger describes the magazine as an AI style. That suggests about 3.625" internal length. That's not so bad, depending on how long the throat is it may be enough to kiss lands and still use the magazine with the 215 Berger.
Will have to check out Wittakers real world prices.
That is a nice looking set-up.
Why is two stage trigger considered a selling point? I do not like two stage triggers or accu type triggers for that matter.
the one on my 204 is 1 1/2 pounds from the factory.....
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Ruger describes the magazine as an AI style. That suggests about 3.625" internal length. That's not so bad, depending on how long the throat is it may be enough to kiss lands and still use the magazine with the 215 Berger.

Yea, that is not so bad. I fooled with an old 77 years ago that had a std length mag box, so no way could I seat a 215 out like I do now. Maybe worth taking a look
The spec sheet now says its twisted 1 in 9 . Makes it a more attractive option to me. Now when will we see them on the market?
Yes that is good
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Ruger is on fire lately... - 01/12/18
Originally Posted by sidepass
The spec sheet now says its twisted 1 in 9 . Makes it a more attractive option to me. Now when will we see them on the market?

somewhat fascinating to me. there was enough of an internet outcry that they changed it prior to the rifle going on the market. for some reason this rifle gets me all hot and bothered, i might have to pick one up. sold my last .300 because i got tired of being kicked by it while i was trying to shoot precisely. the muzzle brake on this one looks very efficient. AND i can tinker with the stock.
Too bad it ain’t a 1-8” twisted 7 Rem Mag.....
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

somewhat fascinating to me. there was enough of an internet outcry that they changed it prior to the rifle going on the market. for some reason this rifle gets me all hot and bothered, i might have to pick one up. sold my last .300 because i got tired of being kicked by it while i was trying to shoot precisely. the muzzle brake on this one looks very efficient. AND i can tinker with the stock.

Nice to know that someone at Ruger takes notice of "our" opinions on such matters. And a 1-8 twisted 7 mm RM would be a nice option for launching Berger 180 and 195's.

Nice. All set up for the 198gr Flat Line.
WISH IT WAS TWISTED 1-9 to launch heavies.

The ad linked now says it is twisted 1:9, but I have no trouble stabilizing 212 elds’s In both a. 1:10 and a 1:11

Nice. All set up for the 198gr Flat Line.
[/quote]

.855 BC, 1.8 long $1.51 each. We shall see when the Ruger hits the market. Very curious indeed.
I could like one of these.
Some may want to shoot the brand new 230 Grain Sierra, 1-9 is nice
© 24hourcampfire