Posted By: RIO7 900 yards - 05/13/18
This morning
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ringman Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
Nice Shootin.
Posted By: 44mc Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
what kind of rifle and load? nice group
Posted By: hanco Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
Great shooting. I could never shoot like that.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
Nice!!!!!
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
Nice shooting...looks like a very good range you`ve got there!
Posted By: atse Re: 900 yards - 05/13/18
You hit a little high...... Been meaning to ask you what your barrel life on the 243 with the long bullets is. I am guessing 2000 to 2500, but was wondering your take. I have close to 1000 on my current barrel. Nice shooting.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
Shooting a standard .243 1x8 twist 24" barrel with a muzzle break, it's been my experience that when the wind is blowing from behind me my shots are a little high, today wind was 10-12 mph on the back of my neck.

atse, I have 1250 rnds down this barrel now, scoped it yesterday it looks new, my last barrel lasted 3000 rnds, I try to never let them get hot.

I shoot 3 different .243s all are about the same and shoot about the same barrels last longer that way. Rio7
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
Good group...Really good. You had a low wind day...Schit. Saw your lower post. Nice wind correction 😎

Rio, best guess...You think your shots hit higher with wind from your back because the wind is reflecting off the ground then pushing up with a draft? Anyone know if this is true...I’ve found the same, except my range is across a canyon and I always assumed it’s updraft from the wind...Your range is flat and closer to the ground...Just curious if anyone know other than a meteorologist.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
I hope you cleaned up all your trash....

Nice group.
Posted By: Owl Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
As always Blue... Exceptional Shooting.

Jeff
Higbean, What trash?? Rio7
Hig’s making sure you feel like aalf does when he posts his range...All in fun. 😎
Posted By: Kenneth Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
A private paved 900 yard range,

whatever,

totally not jealous.
[Linked Image]

This rifle range is an old chip seal airport, that was here when we bought this place almost 20 years ago, we had no use for it as an airport so I made it into a gun range, nothing to be jealous of Kenneth, it's 1250 yrds long not 900 yrds get your facts straight, Higbean, I don't know what your problem is but I suggest you show us something to back up your smartass comments. Rio7
Sorry Rio, I thought you'd get my joke as you posted on the thread I was referring to.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...8728/re-something-different#Post12828728
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
i got the joke, hig
Originally Posted by RIO7
Higbean, I don't know what your problem is but I suggest you show us something to back up your smartass comments. Rio7

Don't go getting all pissy now.... wink

Originally Posted by n8dawg6
i got the joke, hig

I know I can be pretty random and somewhat dry, but I'm pretty sure that one was easy to get.
Higbean, I suggest you save your humor for some who one who cares,but your attempt at viedo is laughable. Rio7
Posted By: joshf303 Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
Higbean, I suggest you save your humor for some who one who cares,but your attempt at viedo is laughable. Rio7

Says the dude who missed a foot high..... but posted a pic of his awesome group. Or, were you just happy to hit the 2.5 MOA Target?

“Good groups”..... that aren’t centered up..... are like “Participation Trophies”. They look good, but don’t mean schitt.
The group may have been high, but so were the misses, so it's a wash...
Posted By: kingston Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18

JFC. LOL. Seriously, should we send someone to do a wellness check?
Higbean, Apparently I am wrong and missed the humor, you and others have my apology, Rio7
It’s true what others have said about you Rio...You’re a solid dude! 😎
It's all good Blue.
Posted By: milespatton Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
I went and read the link, and I still don't get the joke. Good Shooting Blue, but then I expected that. miles
Posted By: kingston Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
👍🏼

And per usual, nice shooting!
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: 900 yards - 05/14/18
...... it's been my experience that when the wind is blowing from behind me my shots are a little high, today wind was 10-12 mph on the back of my neck.

If that’s been your experience..... then why not knock a minute out (or .2-.3 Mil), and try to make a center hit from the get go?
Posted By: milespatton Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Myself,I would be very glad to hit the plate at 900 yards, once, not a group. miles
Posted By: milespatton Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Should have added that a lot here oohs and aahs about groups at 100 and 200 yards, and not on the bullseye either. Sour grapes me thinks. miles
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Originally Posted by milespatton
I went and read the link, and I still don't get the joke. Good Shooting Blue, but then I expected that. miles

How can that go over your head? Aalf made a shooting thread and all one guy had to day was did he pick up his trash...like aalf needed someone to tell him to pick up after himself. A few comments were made about how silly it was.

Since the OP posted on that thread Hig thought he would get the joke...I know several did....it's not complicated but if you read the thread and still don't get it I can't help you.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Should have added that a lot here oohs and aahs about groups at 100 and 200 yards, and not on the bullseye either. Sour grapes me thinks. miles

I hate those too.... a good group of misses.... is still just a bunch of misses.
Posted By: mathman Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

I hate those too.... a good group of misses.... is still just a bunch of misses.

When I'm testing loads I often don't have POA and POI intersect so as not to chew up the POA on the target.
I don’t really give two schitts about any “group”.....

Far more impressive to see bullets hit stuff they’re aimed at. A single shot in the red dot at 900 would be post worthy....

PS..... here’s what a single shot at a 3” dot from 1/2 mile actually looks like....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18

Far more impressive to see bullets hit stuff they’re aimed at. A single shot in the red dot at 900 would be post worthy....

PS..... here’s what a single shot at a 3” dot from 1/2 mile actually looks like....

[Linked Image]

Which one of the three were you aiming at?

Far more impressive to see bullets hit stuff they’re aimed at.
A single shot in the red dot at 900 would be post worthy....

[Linked Image]

That's fine, making a hit on the first lick is often the goal. I misread into your post the implication that even when shooting a group, for whatever reason, POA and POI must intersect.

I'm somewhat puzzled at the tone of our conversation. I don't recall having a beef with you.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
[Linked Image]
these 2 almost got there at1150 yrds

[Linked Image]

This one almost got there at 1150 yrds, first shot of the morning should have quit there and saved my ammo. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Dogshooter, That's good shootin. Rio7
No beef with you..... just getting tired of seeing folks being proud of schitt they missed, repeatedly, in the same spot.

At the end of the day.... groups are like masturbation.... often necessary, and sometimes entertaining.... but nothing to brag about.

Making a hit with the first round is ALWAYS the goal.
Thats what I'm talking about RIO..... good stuff.
OK, difference of opinion. When I jack ten rounds off into a half moa group I'll still be proud, even if they landed two inches above the POA. grin
Posted By: joshf303 Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
Dogshooter, That's good shootin. Rio7

Thats what I'm talking about RIO..... good stuff.

Good schit....y'all must be shooting "systems"... Grin...

Much easier to look at than the "pretty" little 3 shot, 100yard paper groups most use as tokens of accomplishment.

Dog... That the 5P rifle?
That’s the Manners EH2 stocked .260.... affectionately known as “Dexter”.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18

[Linked Image]

Obvious node.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 900 yards - 05/15/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Possibly a node.
Posted By: Judman Re: 900 yards - 05/16/18
Some folks got a case of the asses..... Jesus fuucking Christ...

Nice shootin Rio7
Posted By: kingston Re: 900 yards - 05/16/18
[Linked Image]Who painted the left nad?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/17/18
Kingston, That's an old trick of mine shoot them in the balls first then shoot them in the chest while they are holding their balls. Rio7
Posted By: milespatton Re: 900 yards - 05/17/18
Since the OP posted on that thread Hig thought he would get the joke...I know several did....it's not complicated but if you read the thread and still don't get it I can't help you.

I never got the Simpsons either. Some peoples' humor, is not funny to me I guess. miles
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: 900 yards - 05/21/18
Ten rounds 900 yards:

[Linked Image]308 Win/Remington M700 factory barrel/action by Sharps Man, on Flickr
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/21/18
Sharpsman, That's Good Shootin! It's been so windy here for the last week you couldn't stand up let alone shoot. Rio7
Posted By: pete53 Re: 900 yards - 05/22/18
nice shoot`n with a favorite old cartridge 243 win .!
Posted By: Adk_BackCountry Re: 900 yards - 05/26/18
[Linked Image]

This rifle range is an old chip seal airport, that was here when we bought this place almost 20 years ago, we had no use for it as an airport so I made it into a gun range, nothing to be jealous of Kenneth, it's 1250 yrds long not 900 yrds get your facts straight, Higbean, I don't know what your problem is but I suggest you show us something to back up your smartass comments. Rio7

I wouldn't have any issues if I had a range like that. Very nice indeed.
Posted By: kingston Re: 900 yards - 05/26/18
Kingston, That's an old trick of mine shoot them in the balls first then shoot them in the chest while they are holding their balls. Rio7

LOL
Posted By: ribka Re: 900 yards - 05/26/18
[Linked Image]

that is a nice set up and good shooting!

Don't pay attention to the jealous drama queens on here
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 900 yards - 05/27/18
[Linked Image]

500 yrd warm up

[Linked Image]

900 yrd group

108 eld-m 3 shots each

Looks like they might work. Rio7
Posted By: SKane Re: 900 yards - 05/27/18
Danged fine shooting, Rio!
Posted By: Higginez Re: 900 yards - 05/27/18
Right on man.
Posted By: Seafire Re: 900 yards - 05/27/18
Gee Blue, nice as always...

glad to finally see pics of that range you speak of...

I could hit something at 900 yds, with one shot, after about 47 to 97 attempts
beforehand...

not bad for a guy as young as you are....

one would think you have some experience under your belt.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: 900 yards - 05/28/18
If Blue ever learns to shoot he might enjoy it...

whistle laugh

Ed
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 900 yards - 05/28/18
Nice range. I think, I would be happy to burn some powder on that strip.
Congratulations on a very nice shooting range.
Take care
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: 900 yards - 05/30/18
Making a hit with the first round is ALWAYS the goal.

Which divides a rifleman from a rifle owner.
© 24hourcampfire