Home
Have a build that is finished. Steel gun/Comp Rifle. Head is spinning over rings and rails. Prices are simply stupid for "Matched Tactical Rings". And the specs are not always listed. Although the chassis has an adjustable cheek piece, I really hate scopes mounted with an inch of Obj above the barrel.

Seems most 34mm rings I've researched start at 1.00" high. And the thickness of the rails are generally not listed. Really looking for the lowest mounting set up possible. Any suggestions?

Prefer a 20 MOA rail. Remington 700 SA build.
Murphy’s precision rail with APA rings,Cameron will make the base as low as he can!
I’m in the same boat.
Just mounted my 8.5x25 on my smith enterprise rings......not so sure on the height..
It could go 1/2” lower in my opinion, but SE don’t make shorter rings.
Base is a EGW 20 moa

Not sure which way to go.
[Linked Image]
https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo.../34mm-mountain-tech-rings-prod97243.aspx

Go with lows.....

Here is mine in NF mediums.....only pic I could find on my phone. However since your in a chassis I wouldn’t worry too much about getting as low as possible. I believe mine is just under 1/3” gap but tough to see that in the pic.

[Linked Image]
Seekins (or Vortex branded which are made by Seekins) 34mm lows are great also.
Here are the 34mm Vortex with a PMII 3-12x50 on a Whittakers tikka 6.5 Creed.

[Linked Image]
^^^^ Beauty. Pretty much what I am striving for.

Is there a vast difference in thickness in rails? Im doing a 20 MOA for certain. But steel? Aluminum? Can believe all these (most) spendy rings are Aluminum.
Another vote for Seekins….great products!!!
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
^^^^ Beauty. Pretty much what I am striving for.

Is there a vast difference in thickness in rails? Im doing a 20 MOA for certain. But steel? Aluminum? Can believe all these (most) spendy rings are Aluminum.

I think the rail in that picture is a Warne Mountain Tech 20MOA. Works well but doesn’t have the recoil pin that the Mountain Tactical has.
Rail heights.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11127649
[Linked Image]

Badger low alloy(.915"), 34MM, S&B 3-12X50 PMII.
Here's one of mine. TT 315P in low ARC rings on a Seekins 20 MOA base. I tried the ARC extra low's but it was a no-go. The bottom of the turret bell contacted the rail.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire