Home
For long distance shooting I'm not a big fan of heavy hunting rifles that weigh well over 10 lbs.
I prefer medium weight rifles for long distance shooting as I am generally packing them.

I own two Ruger FTW rifles in 6.5 CM and 7mm RM, both rifles will shoot 5's and 6's everyday and less depending on the wind and my squeeze.

I paid $800.00 for each of my rifles and thought it was an OK deal.

Now I am seeing the FTW in 7 RM and 30-06 for $499.00.
I think that is a pretty great deal for what you are getting.
A rifle that will shoot like a custom for $499.00.

To those who are interested, I found this on GB.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789587481

So tempted to get an 06 now.
That's a good price on that rifle.
Interesting
Ya never know. I had a Weatherby 300 mag that shot 3/8" three shot groups. I found another identical rifle and for some stupid reason had to buy it. It did NOT shoot cloverleafs.
I'm two for two.
Originally Posted by SU35
I'm two for two.

Tempted on the Seven.
Not certain about the half-inch part, but that's a great price for a SS Hawkeye, which are hard to find other than special models like this one, and the Predator, which I have. I prefer the 2-stage trigger of the Predator, but the last two standard LC6 triggers I used were pretty good. I'm all rifled up right now, but that's a deal for sure.
Have shot several Ruger FTW rifles, mostly at the FTW Ranch. They have all been very accurate.
This is an article on how they did at the range.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/heres-rugers-new-hawkeye-ftw-hunter-range/

Still showing on GB at $499.00

A snip on the trigger spring, easily done and trigger job done.
My LH Ruger FTW 6.5 Cr Moor was not accurate had chamber issues , Ruger took care of it and rebarreled and new bolt . Pretty good now but no .5" rifle. Not the first one I have heard of having issues either, but
Ruger took care of it.

And I had to pay close to 1 K for rifle if they have a LH one for $499 I would buy another.
Just grabbed one in 7mm Mag. Excited to see what it will do. Was gonna buy a Winchester EW till I saw this deal.
Kind of tempting. I have a clean older m77 mkII boat paddle stainless in 7 mag that I keep around for a tough beater rifle. Not sure I need 2 7 mag rugers and it looks like the 30-06 are gone. Too bad the 260's or creedmoors aren't $500.

Bb
How are the triggers on these rifles? Crisp? Adjustable?. Etc.
What does the FTW mean? f*** the weather?....for the weather? .....foul terrible weather?
For The Women. Ha!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

$200 for the gun, spent a little time working over the wood and had a new barrel installed for $250. .250 Savage, both targets were shot during preliminary load development. Top is with 85 BT and the bottom with 100 gr NP. Boringest gun I own.

Ten shots, 100 yards. I flinched once when a rattlebug started gnawing on my tennis shoes. Don't ya hate it when that happens?

[Linked Image]
F... the world
From the walls
I bought a heavy 26" barrel Savage in .223. After working up a load I fired 10 shots at 100 yards in .450". Then I fired 10 more at 200 yards and produced an .870" group. The rifle cost less than $300 at the time in the early 1990's.
Pretty much every model 700 Remington made in the 1970's was 1/2 MOA or better right off the shelf.
That’s a heck of a deal!

Both Ruger American Predators I had in 6.5 CM shot 1/2” 3 shot groups with factory ammo right out of the box. And one of them shot 1/2” 5 shot groups with the same ammo.
Originally Posted by reivertom
What does the FTW mean? f*** the weather?....for the weather? .....foul terrible weather?

Fallon Trophy Whitetail - (special edition - FTW Ranch)
Myself & a hunting friend each bought Savage model 16 rifles in 260Rem . We use the exact same load in both rifles . Barnes 120gr TSX, same powder & amount . Bullet seated to the same depth . Both rifles will almost shoot one hole groups. Usually two bullets in one hole & one slightly off.. MV 3004 fps. We paid $499 for each rifle about 3 or 4 years ago.
My Savage FXP3 in .243 Win may be ugly but it cost me $295 used and shoots 95g SST into touching holes at 100.

That was my first - and so far my last - load for it. Heading out to the range in a few to do load dev work for four other rifle (two .308's a .30-06 and a .375 Win) and am taking the .243 for long range fun. 95g SST's, of course.
Whittakers had some in 260 not long ago for $499. Not gonna get a better rifle for that price imo
© 24hourcampfire