Home
What is the best you can do with the 9 1/8 twist ?
I'm thinking that twist might be best, to go way down to light varmint rounds and up high too ?
Simplicity appeals to me these days.
Stupid question- what cartridge is this?
243win is my guess
Originally Posted by Sheister
Stupid question- what cartridge is this?

Not really the question is quite definitive, given the forum it is posted in.
They only make the 243 with that twist and since this is the longe range forum the best answer would be the Hornady 105 BTHP
My bad... sorry!
243 win
I edited the thread title, thanks
80 Barnes
I have several Remington's in that twist that I reload for, and I shoot bullets from 58 to 100 grains. I seem to get my best accuracy with bullets in the 65-85 grain range, with the 85 grain Sierra HPBT being my favorite.
I don't know if they are the "best" but I've shot a lot of 105 Hornady Bthp and Amax in mine.
also I still like the 95 NBT for deer
You didn't mention if these were for hunting or targets. I have the same factory barrel/twist in 24" length. I agree with JamesJr that the Sierra 85 HPBT never fails to impress in both the accuracy dept as well as the killing dept. However, it lacks BC if you want to reach on out there. I since moved on to try the Nosler 95 BT as well as the Speer 100 BTSP. For the money and the BC, I'm really leaning towards the 100 gr Speer BTSP. It has a .430 BC over the .379 in the Nosler 95 BT.

I've also tried Hornady's 105 AMAX. Accuracy results were acceptable but definitely not as tight as the lighter bullets. They were holding around 3/4 MOA if I remember correctly. I decided to move on.
Originally Posted by Robert_White
My bad... sorry!
243 win
I edited the thread title, thanks

The Hornie 105 HPBT has no equal,for Utility.

Hint.............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The Hornie 105 HPBT has no equal,for Utility.

Hint.............
What have you won with them?
Trybone,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Didja' "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Winning.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!................
You never won anything Stinky, all you do is steal it.
Are you a stinky thief there Stinky?
6mm,

Your VERY Tender Feelers are a fhuqking hoot,you poor poor(literally) Brokedick Whining Clueless Fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............
Larry, how many lumens do you need in a spotlight to shoot deer?
The skull & crossbones are for butt pirate.
Oooopsie!

105 Hornie HPBT...............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Where ya STEAL that picture ittybitty thief?
Hornady 105 HPBT has worked great for me out of 10 twist 243’s and don’t require a bunch of messing around to shoot well. Pretty tough bullet for me as well.

The 95 BT is a good one for me and my family for killing as well.
I reckon it rather disconcerting,given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...that your BEST efforts are sooooo fhuqking hilariously shy of the mark. What do you "do" for a "living" again,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by beretzs
Hornady 105 HPBT has worked great for me out of 10 twist 243’s and don’t require a bunch of messing around to shoot well. Pretty tough bullet for me as well.

The 95 BT is a good one for me and my family for killing as well.

The 105 Hornie HPBT is a staple in all of my 270's,6 Grendels,6 BR's,6 Kreedmires,243's,243AI's,6mm Rem,6mm Rem AI's,6-284's and Six Twat-Six.

Velocity don't aspook it.

Hint................
Who told you that stinky?
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 105 Hornie HPBT is a staple in all of my 270's,6 Grendels,6 BR's,6 Kreedmires,243's,243AI's,6mm Rem,6mm Rem AI's,6-284's and Six Twat-Six.

Velocity don't aspook it.

Hint................
Doesn't it kind of rattle down a .270 bore?
I reckon it rather disconcerting,given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...that your BEST efforts are sooooo fhuqking hilariously shy of the mark. What do you "do" for a "living" again,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............
You need to steal some new material.
The facts are constant,if only to your chagrin.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............
LOL! Funny to see him go into full copy-n-paste rant mode, isn't it? laugh

You can almost hear him spitting!
Trybone,

You two Drooling Dumbfhuqks oughtta trade PM's,so as to "justify" how "real' your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is and "convince" each other of it's veracity. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...........
I got real stuff to do Stinky, you just stay here all night and impress people with your new material. Wherever you Steal it from.
You be sure to use your Imagination and Pretend,to create your "real" "wares"...that only you can "see". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Whining Brokedick Fhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart,for simply doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Fug Stick was going to write a book about shooting, but he ate the crayons. laugh
105 Hornie HPBT Launchers all and di.

Not even "fair"...is it?

Hint.

[Linked Image]

LAUGHING!...............
Which one is the .270? laugh laugh laugh
Top.

MTU Bart' 7.75" at 19" and my longest 270.

Shortest 270 here,at 18".

Bless your heart for "living" vicariously.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
I'd prefer the 9.1145634288395" twist myself.
Ooooopsie!................

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire