Home
Posted By: RickBin RF2 - 05/11/19
RF2
Posted By: kingston Re: RF2 - 05/12/19
For a stand-alone monocular type LRF, the Sig 2400ABS is a great unit. It’s fast, super compact and accurate. In this category, I’d also look at the Terrapin X. If you have a $9k budget, the Vectronix PLRF-25C is your huckleberry.

I’m using a 10x42 Leica Geovid HD-B 3000. The convergence of the binocular and LRF offers too much to ignore, particularly when hunting.

Make note of beam divergence when comparing units.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: RF2 - 05/12/19
Deja vu....😎
Posted By: jackmountain Re: RF2 - 05/12/19
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Deja vu....😎

Tell Jud and Fred to hang tight, I'm bakin a cake with a hacksaw blade in it as soon as we're done with mother's day brunch.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: RF2 - 05/12/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Deja vu....😎

Tell Jud and Fred to hang tight, I'm bakin a cake with a hacksaw blade in it as soon as we're done with mother's day brunch.

You’ll need to dress up as a hooker coming for a conjugal visit to get the blade passed the guards...Maybe hide a second blade up your azz just in case they check your cake for contraband...Just trying to help. 🤣😎
Posted By: fredIII Re: RF2 - 05/12/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Deja vu....😎

You’ll need to dress up as a hooker coming for a conjugal visit to get the blade passed the guards...Maybe hide a second blade up your azz just in case they check your cake for contraband...Just trying to help. 🤣😎

Ouch.

And I’m with Kingston. The Leica geovid is simply a hunters dream.
Posted By: horse1 Re: RF2 - 05/15/19
I prefer Swaro's EL Range display features. For reference I've owned an '04 Leica 10x42 BRF, 8x45 and 10x45 Zeiss Victory Range, 8x42 Leica HD-B 2200, and now the 8x42 EL Range.

Optically, the HD-B and EL Range are neck and neck IMO. The LRF is very good on both as well with the Leica having an advantage in speed IMO/IME. Why I prefer the Swaro is that I can program it to show me the line of sight range as well as the "horizontal" range WITHOUT having to do any downloads or pick from any menus. I use too many different rifles to diddle around with picking the right program, and I might switch 2x-3x in one day. I just want a unit that gives me an accurate range to dial elevation and hold-off for wind, I can take care of the rest. The Swaro unit has a setting to show angle-compensated distance and line-of-sight distance stacked in the screen. Dial elevation for the short one, hold windage for the long one.

Size/weight/bulk they're all about the same.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: RF2 - 05/15/19
Sadly...Leica isn't even on the same fhuqking Planet as Sig. Leica Goat Fhuqk's angular corrections,amongst other things.

Hint...................
Posted By: gbp Re: RF2 - 05/15/19
the sig 3000 ranging bino is a dream 10x and about the size of the old zeiss 10x compact
They are a fhuqking MONSTER and (3) Geovids taped together,can't begin to hang.

Hint...................
Posted By: fredIII Re: RF2 - 05/15/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are a fhuqking MONSTER and (3) Geovids taped together,can't begin to hang.

Hint...................

Easy to see who kills shït and who poaches off the road in the dark.
Poor sugartits you clueless fat fûck.
Pardon facts upsetting you so. When you "see" your first...chime in. Congratulations?!?

Hint..............
Sadly...Leica isn't even on the same fhuqking Planet as Sig. Leica Goat Fhuqk's angular corrections,amongst other things.

Hint...................

While you are digging through fat roles looking for the sig I’m dropping the hammer on fur.

It’s LR hunting forum not the I shoot RF at 800 and can hit the water. 😂
Pardon facts upsetting you so. When you "see" your first...chime in. Congratulations?!?

Hint..............

Facts LOL what about killing and you being a fat pos was I wrong about. 😎😉. Ya I know you got nothing.
Lying! sugartits is the sig really faster?
Nahhhhhhhhh...the Sig is MUCH faster than you can fathom. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to increase the frequency of your Whine,the volume of your Whine and the pitch of your Whine,in lieu of having simply seen that which reliably stumps you.

Hint....................
Nahhhhhhhhh...the Sig is MUCH faster than you can fathom. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to increase the frequency of your Whine,the volume of your Whine and the pitch of your Whine,in lieu of having simply seen that which reliably stumps you.

Hint....................

I’ve watched a few guys dump that sig for the convenience of keeping up with me. LOL.
Keep telling yourself you got an edge it’s cute.
HUNTING ain’t for everybody
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

Start a Thread,if/when you go Outdoors.

Hint................

Hint................

Post a fish picture fat man. LOL
Fish on! Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Hint.................
Stick to lying at every bend. Sugartits the sig is probably all a guy 100# over weight can handle. You pack it in your cleavage. 🤣🤣🤣

Hint................
Crying laughing at you sugartits.

Always fun to rub your face in its lies.

Leica = killer
Sig = rock rangers.
Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set on the sidelines with your Imagination and Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................
Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set on the sidelines with your Imagination and Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................

Fish picture next, correct lying fat man.
Baby blacktail last month.

[Linked Image]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
STELLAR pixels...what are you using for a "camera",a schit soaked sponge? No fhuqking wonder you are an unrivaled Thief. Congratulations?!?

Hint...................
Posted By: rosco1 Re: RF2 - 05/15/19
I’ve been using a Sig 2400 ABS.

Can recommend
Sig nails all the things,that Reica simply cannot begin to grasp and they make it look easy...because it is..............(grin)
Originally Posted by fredIII

Hint...................

While you are digging through fat roles looking for the sig I’m dropping the hammer on fur.

It’s LR hunting forum not the I shoot RF at 800 and can hit the water. 😂
Stick to lying at every bend. Sugartits the sig is probably all a guy 100# over weight can handle. You pack it in your cleavage. 🤣🤣🤣
Cite a Bear over 20". Congratulations?!?

Your Brokedick Means,align your "abilities".

Hint....................
Posted By: fredIII Re: RF2 - 05/16/19
We are talking range finders on the hunting forum.
Sis killed a 20” lol that dink ain’t even close.
Keep grasping only you know how well you have it. 😎😉🤣

Alaska bears and fish wow must be taxing.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: RF2 - 05/16/19

Hint................
6000 or so posts once let off your leash and you expect to impress anyone with your outdoor Bullshït talking. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂. Nothing says outdoorsman like playing on the net.
I’m pretty sure this will suit my hunting needs fat better than a sig LOL.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkhuntinguide Re: RF2 - 05/16/19
And yet here you are....
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
And yet here you are....

It’s sleeping time for the kids hero. Glad you could make it.
Them Sigs suck badly....

[Linked Image]
EHG,

It's PAINFUL...I can barely get 2400yds out the front door...................(grin)
Ordered a 3000 a month ago and am still waiting but I’ve heard good reviews... until then I’ll just have to slum the $300 POS with my künt planted firmly on my couch....
Been gunning it for weeks and it's a Reica BANE.

Hint.................
That would coincide with what I’ve heard from others... Never owed a Leica Ranging bino but have looked through a few here and there and was never impressed in the least...
Schit...I've got 'em all

Hint...............(grin)
They will never hang with Leica’s glass
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: RF2 - 05/16/19
freddy, you sound like Lone Wati. It's not for ranging, it's just for looking thru.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
freddy, you sound like Lone Wati. It's not for ranging, it's just for looking thru.....

They get all the hunting done that I can pull tags for.
Sig at 1200 ain’t going have Leica glass.
[Linked Image]

I’m not much for killing past it’s abilities.
Posted By: horse1 Re: RF2 - 05/16/19
They will never hang with Leica’s glass

Leica's glass is great. The LRF is also great, and the fastest alpha Binoc/LRF combo. The input/output features specifically for angle compensation is why I sold my Zeiss Victory's and why I'm going to sell my HD-B's.
Reicas simply cain't hang...by literal design.

Hint..............
Posted By: horse1 Re: RF2 - 05/16/19

Hint..............

Meh, just a firmware glitch. Nothing they (Leica) couldn't fix with a download/upload of new display options to the micro-SD card. It's already got the inclinometer and ability to read temp and pressure built in. I like Swaro's stacked angle-compensated and LOS display. It'd be easy enough for Leica to do the same, all the tools are already on board.

Couldn't get past the crap glass of the Nikon indoors to warrant even taking it outside. Former co-worker bought a Vortex last summer that I got to use 3-4 days, didn't have the heart to tell him it is crappy. I haven't found anywhere to handle the Sig nor the Athlon.
Posted By: fredIII Re: RF2 - 05/17/19

Hint..............

Jesus sugartits. You can’t even order the right model.
Your junk collection grows with each pass of the mail man
PS
Chewing is not exercise.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: RF2 - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by horse1

Hint..............

Meh, just a firmware glitch. Nothing they (Leica) couldn't fix with a download/upload of new display options to the micro-SD card. It's already got the inclinometer and ability to read temp and pressure built in. I like Swaro's stacked angle-compensated and LOS display. It'd be easy enough for Leica to do the same, all the tools are already on board.

Couldn't get past the crap glass of the Nikon indoors to warrant even taking it outside. Former co-worker bought a Vortex last summer that I got to use 3-4 days, didn't have the heart to tell him it is crappy. I haven't found anywhere to handle the Sig nor the Athlon.

horse1, I was very unimpressed with the Sig bino/rf unit. Glass was no better than Nikon, on par with Vortex which is very mediocre IMO. RF was no faster or accurate than the Nikon, faster than Vortex which had a second or two delay with every reading. I'm anxious to see the GPO and Athlon offerings personally.
© 24hourcampfire