Home
Posted By: dragonfly Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/15/19
Anyone know who has this in stock? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/16/19
Have you done an on-line search ?
Always check. I did a quick check and found this 8-lbs. for sale.

Keyboard: world of information out there.

Wish you the best.
Posted By: kingston Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/16/19
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Have you done an on-line search ?
Always check. I did a quick check and found this 8-lbs. for sale.

Keyboard: world of information out there.

Wish you the best.

Shows out of stock as of now.
Posted By: dragonfly Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/16/19
Yes. The first thing I did was an on-line search. All are out of stock. I was hoping one of the collective would know of an alternative source.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/17/19
Wish you luck on your quest.

How I picked up my last two pounds, road trip. Checking small shops in various towns
Posted By: JPro Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/17/19
Glad I grabbed a jug when it came out on the market. Of course, RL17 and Varget couldn't be found at that time, and now they are everywhere....
Posted By: wsq Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/19/19
Hope I can find some before I run out my 270 wsm loves it most of the small shops haven’t ever had any unless a customer had them order some
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/19/19
I have a source.... but no way to ship to Ohio
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/19/19
I'm on the call list for Re. 26 at Ranger Firearms , have some 180gr. Berger Hybrids & Hornady ELD-M loaded to test IMR 8133 in my 280AI .

Hodgdon data shows IMR 8133 w/175gr, bullet @ 2804 fps - 24'' barrel so maybe my 28'' barrel will get 2850+ fps , that's good velocity for a 180gr. slippery bullet .
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/19/19
8133 gives you a great case fill, it is just a little slower, but very temp stable and clean burning for sure ! Great powder !!
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/22/19
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
8133 gives you a great case fill, it is just a little slower, but very temp stable and clean burning for sure ! Great powder !!

Not liking it , way too compressed for my taste 63gr. w/a 180 ELD-M has me thinking i'm going to destroy a case .

Hodgdon online data 65.5gr. for a 175gr. bullet -max load .

64.5gr, is above bottom of the case neck in new nosler brass - no way am I going to try to squash powder down that far . The bullets came off the redding seater like a case that didn't have enough lube that's the 63gr. load - can't be good .
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/22/19
must have a fast twist in the AI ? every 280 we shoot loves the 139-140 grain bullets so much better.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/22/19
1-9tw broughton 5c
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19
I have had 10 lbs of RL 26 for two years. Going to crack the lid on it within a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19
Letting it age like a fine red wine?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19
SenderoMan,

That has not been my experience with several 1-9 twist .280 AI's. And there's no reason it should be, with today's bullets.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I’m the one aging & definitely not getting any finer.

Wife broke her back when she wrecked my F250 in 2016, my gun room became a convalescent ward, foot surgery & hernia for me in 2017, knee replacement in 2018.
Everybody is healed now, including the truck. Shouldn’t be any more obstacles.
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19
SenderoMan,

That has not been my experience with several 1-9 twist .280 AI's. And there's no reason it should be, with today's bullets.

we are just running 280's. not AI
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/24/19

Speaking of aging powder, my vintage H-4831 dates back from the 60's. I really like that powder.

Unfortunately, while doing a powder inventory, I saw that two cans of that old powder had gone bad. One can had the plastic cap eaten away, powder with brown stuff, bad smell. Another can showed some brown stuff, not as bad. I had to throw those two away. One can still smells and looks good.

This powder came in paper bags, was transferred to empty powder cans some time ago when the paper bags became brittle. I shot some really good groups with that powder in my .240 Wby.

Hurt my feeling to see it go after so long and it was in a climate controlled room.

Oh well...

DF
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/27/19
Reloder 26 is starting to show up finally, had some ordered at a LGS for a while and just got 8 cans in, put in an order for 8 more when the gal said they can get it no problem
Posted By: dragonfly Re: Alliant Reloader 26? - 05/27/19
Good news, Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire