Home
Posted By: 41rem Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
Was down at the range today looking at a 3.5 -10 Vari Xlll with these factory installed target knobs. The young fellow was having a difficult time getting zeroed. Said his windage knob was maxed out to the right & just spinning at the end of its adjustment. This was true as I spun it also, it was clicking as they do, but continued to spin and spin.

I cranked the windage knob back full left & it stopped up tight, back full right and it continues to spin. Broken or what?

Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
Sounds like that scope needs to make a trip to Portland, OR.
Posted By: 41rem Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
That was my suggestion. He had the M1 Turrets on elevation and windage, but l believe that hunting scope has somewhat limited adjustments.

Nice kid with an expensive rifle, was a Bergara Premier Approach in 6.5 Creedmoor. He had a 20 moa rail, bipod & a muzzle break so he's set for long range shooting. Think with that Leupold up top its going to be the limiting factor.

I mentioned looking into a SWFA Super Sniper in 10x

Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
I had a Leupold 3.5-10 sent it off and had a M1 elevation turret installed. The last turn on elevation would not move the crosshairs, same with a 3.5-10 tactical with target knobs.
If the rifle is accurate and a nice rifle he should trade the Leupold off for an appropriate scope and take advantage of what the rifle is capable of.
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Sounds like that scope needs to make a trip to Portland, OR.

Yup. Based on my one experience with M1s on a VXIII, my first guess would be the turrets/erector cratered on him.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 05/27/19
Originally Posted by irfubar
I had a Leupold 3.5-10 sent it off and had a M1 elevation turret installed. The last turn on elevation would not move the crosshairs, same with a 3.5-10 tactical with target knobs.
If the rifle is accurate and a nice rifle he should trade the Leupold off for an appropriate scope and take advantage of what the rifle is capable of.

That would really suck. Send it off to them for a brand new M1 and it doesn't work. Geez.
Posted By: TX35W Re: Leupold & M1 Turrets - 07/18/19
They should fix it pronto, but as mentioned above those erectors don't tend to take the twisting and turning forever.
© 24hourcampfire