Home
Posted By: dennisinaz Kahles K525i - 10/20/19
Any of you guys used this scope for hunting? How does the SKMR3 reticle work for you? Trying to decide on a scope and this is one of the few I like. Lots of reticle choices on the PM II and ATACR, none on the Kahles.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Kahles K525i - 10/20/19
SKMR3 works fine. It is a bit hard to see onlow power like all tactical reticles. Have seen a few failures with the scope however.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Kahles K525i - 10/22/19
So I'm really down to PMII and ATAC-R? I really am tired of scopes quitting at the wrong times.
Posted By: kingston Re: Kahles K525i - 10/22/19
I have a K525 on my 7lb 8oz. 28 Nosler (weight sans scope). It's a rugged scope and has been flawless. This rifle previously found the weaknesses of two scopes held in high regard, one considered to be the best of the best. I won't name names.

I much prefer the MSR2/ki. I also have this reticle in a Steiner MX7i 4-28x56mm. It's a great reticle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Kahles K525i - 10/22/19
Everything has a failure rate. Some have extremely low failure rates, some have relatively high failure rates.

The Kahles is a decent scope but in any group of PRS competitors using them, problems are not unknown.
Posted By: kingston Re: Kahles K525i - 10/22/19
Ryan Pierce who built the rifle pictured above, builds a couple hundred big magnums a year. After seeing his rifles trash a bunch of scopes, including those from NF, he found the K524 to be the one that lasted. Ryan epoxy beds scopes in the rings for a completely stress free mount. He uses the method documented by Jim See. The K525 came out last August/September. I got one of the first and mounted it on the 28N after the rifle sent two other brand new scopes back to their respective manufacturers (neither was a NF). While the K525i is too new to have established a track record from exhaustive use, I've been confident in mine. I personally know of two more on light weight magnums, another 28 Nosler and a 300 Norma Improved and have known scads of guys shooting them, albeit on relatively heavy, light to moderate recoiling rifles, at PRS matches.

While I can't speak to it's durability, the features of the 4-16x42 F1 ATACR put it on my short list as a choice for a LR hunting rifle.

I'm sour on S&B as a result of their US customer service situation. I refuse to deal with it again, particularly when there are so many other less excruciating options. Further, S&B's offerings are far from trouble free.
Posted By: BeardHunter Re: Kahles K525i - 12/16/19
I shoot a k318i with the squirmer 3. At low powers, obviously, the Christmas tree isn’t usable. Max power no problem.

I have some vision issue that leave me with “holes” in my vision and struggle with some reticles. I love the k318 but I really struggle with the center floating dot....actually I cant even see it. However, it is bracketed fairly well so I just square things up and go.

For a hunting rifle I’d go 318 before 525 based more on size. The weight difference is nill, both are pretty chunky.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Kahles K525i - 12/21/19
I put an ATAC-R 5-25 on it today.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Kahles K525i - 12/24/19
Kingston - what kydex cheek riser you using on that rifle?
Posted By: kingston Re: Kahles K525i - 12/24/19
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Kingston - what kydex cheek riser you using on that rifle?

It’s a Bradley. I sort of hate it. It’s difficult to adjust, tedious really, and over priced. It only lasted on the rifle for the first day of the hunt.

https://bradleycheekrest.com/

I love the Godagrip pads!

https://godagrip.com/
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Kahles K525i - 12/24/19
Thanks! Much prefer the price on the Godagrip if it can handle a little abuse.
Posted By: kingston Re: Kahles K525i - 12/24/19
So far so good.

Besides you can replace it multiple times before you approach the cost of the Bradley.

Manners has a new cheek riser out this past year. It’s called the “Elite Adjustable Cheek Spacer System“.

It would require some installation. It can be added to any of their stocks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire