Home
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Stock Help - Cheek Riser - 03/17/20
Hello All,

I have an older model 700 Police. This one has the HS precision stock. It is not a McMIllian...I know, but, it is a nice stock just the same, and is fairly stiff.

The problems is...these stocks have no...and I mean NO cheek support. The comb is way too low. I can not find a base/ring combination low enough to allow my cheek to touch the stock let alone rest firmly against it. I can only say that it is a poor design.

Can you guys help me out with some options.

I've looked at some strap on pad/risers. However, the ones I have researched rely on padding to rise the cheek weld. I want something solid. I need approximately 1" rise

I have also looked at some kydex options. The ones I looked at require that one drill through the stock and attach the riser with carriage bolts. Adjustable, but I believe the HS is not solid through and through. Don't want to do that.

So...I'm looking to the collective wisdom of the Fire.

Can you help me?

Thanks, GB
Posted By: Tim_K Re: Stock Help - Cheek Riser - 03/17/20
I had one of those. I made my own Kydex riser and bolted through the stock just like the commercially available risers. It was 100% fine.
Have you ever tried the pad risers?

I've not had any problem making them work even though they aren't "solid" like you would prefer. The only real way to get what you want is a different stock design.
Posted By: atse Re: Stock Help - Cheek Riser - 03/18/20
Take your kydex riser and epoxy it at the proper height that works for you. That way you have no bolt holes in your stock, and no nuts sticking out. I have done this on my McMillan classic hunter, a savage stock, and a tikka stock. It has worked well on all of them. If you do this, make sure the riser sits far enough back that you can get your bolt in and out for cleaning. Good luck.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Stock Help - Cheek Riser - 03/18/20
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/contact-for-joe-ducos-stockdoc.3889070/

John
Thanks guys.

GB
© 24hourcampfire