Home
Posted By: Tyrone Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
That's the rumors I'm hearing.

What do you think?
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
My 6.5 Creedmoor Alpha is really nice. Easily equals and maybe better than Lapua.

John
Posted By: pullit Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I've got some in a 22 Creedmoor and it is very nice and I KNOW it is way better than a batch of 243 Lapua brass I got one time.
Posted By: GregW Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Originally Posted by Tyrone
That's the rumors I'm hearing.

What do you think?

Rumors are just that.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
It’s the best brass I’ve used, in multiple chamberings.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I've got 22 and 6.5 creedmoor brass from them.
It's as good as the best batches of lapua I've had, if not better
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Looks like the problems are confined to 6XC
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
My 6.5 Creedmoor Alpha is really nice. Easily equals and maybe better than Lapua.

John

Must be some pretty damn good chidt John. I've never seen any brass better than Lapua....
Posted By: beretzs Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

John

Must be some pretty damn good chidt John. I've never seen any brass better than Lapua....

If they make it, I am buying it for what I am shooting.
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Excellent brass, IME.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20

Rumor is it's only slightly better than Peterson brass smirk
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

John

If they make it, I am buying it for what I am shooting.

I might just give it a try too... I have so much brass right now for my creed that it will take me a long time to burn it up... Does alpha make 22-250 brass... I just bought a varminter that needs some good brass:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: beretzs Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I don’t think so. 22 Creed I believe.

I’m still using Lapua for my 250, which works great but I’d buy Alpha if I could just since it is made here the US. I do use a bunch of Lapua though. No issues but Alpha is good.
Posted By: Teal Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I've never heard that. Actually heard the opposite. I'm flush with Lapua so I've never looked elsewhere and wouldn't hesitate to look at Alpha with what I'd heard.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
Looks like the problems are confined to 6XC

I've only worked with one lot of their 6XC brass, but it's better than the Norma 6XC brass I've used, and is as good as their other offerings, IMO.
Posted By: Joezone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I've used some of their 6.5CM with small primers and it is excellent.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/16/20
I bought 200 for my 6CMs and tried to sort it by weight and soon realized I was wasting effort.

It's excellent brass IMO!
Posted By: devnull Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/17/20
Always been and will continue to be a Lapua fan. Alpha rivals Lapua.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/17/20

Alpha is on par with the best.

Great folks too.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/17/20
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/6mm-dasher-brass.3993106/
im in the process of working it up right now.
Its excellent.

dave
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/17/20
Originally Posted by VernAK
I bought 200 for my 6CMs and tried to sort it by weight and soon realized I was wasting effort.

It's excellent brass IMO!

Good to hear. I'm about to order brass for a new 6CM barrel and leaning toward more Alpha. smile
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/17/20
I guess it was just 2 pcs of brass one guy was unlucky enough to get. Could happen no matter what brand.
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...of-jan-2020.3995530/page-9#post-37730014
Posted By: Higginez Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20
Ah yes the enternet......
Posted By: kingston Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20
There's a significant segment of the shooting community that will have nothing to do with Alpha Brass after what they did to Peterson.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20
Got a link? Haven’t heard of that.
Posted By: kingston Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Haven't heard of what? Most of it happened right here on this forum.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20
Originally Posted by kingston

Must have missed it.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20

Big Stick is on the Alpha payroll?
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/18/20

Now I'm curious. Thread please?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/19/20
Fhuqk YES...I'll play. Hint.

Trybone has been trying sooooooo hard for years,but still cain't get ANYWHERE. Hint. LAUGHING!

Though in fairness,she is a Lying/Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Peterson is "great". Hint. LAUGHING!

I've NEVER "seen" Alpha. Hint.

I'd also like to see the "bad" Alpha Thread. HINT.

Bless Trybone's heart,for being a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,yet again.

Hint.

Laughing!..................
Posted By: AM_Rixon Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
Let me introduce myself, I'm Andrew one of the founders and Engineer at Alpha. A buddy sent me a link to this thread; I have not followed this page before so I wanted to introduce myself and chime in to the original post.

We greatly value honest feedback at our company, if you've ever talked with us we normally tell you that we prefer to hear the bad reports because it helps us identify problems and make our product better; though we always enjoy reading and hearing about how customers enjoy our product. We strive for the highest quality and continually look to improve our products. That said, I don't know of any company that is perfect; specially when your product is used by individuals that load it themselves and their skill base and equipment vary from novice to well experienced and the self proclaimed master reloaders who have only owned a press for a year or two and know everything from the internet (lol). But we are more than willing to work with any and all to help them a better loader and better shooter.

The post in reference concerning the 6xc brass is interesting to say the least. We do not publicly open up details of conversations we had privately with individuals. What I will say is that we worked extensively with that customer and after receiving samples of fired brass and loaded ammunition we identified a key problem that would cause a catastrophic failure. To the original poster, Tyrone, feel free to reach out to me at any point (844) 412.5742 ext 704 or my email [email protected]. I openly discuss our products and try to the best of my ability answer any questions and explain any shortcomings we have had. This offer is to all the shooting community, call or email me with any questions or concerns and I'll do what I can to help.

To the last few posts which could easily turn into a internet dumpster fire, things I absolutely have no interest to get into... To the Big_Stick chap above, I have no clue who he is and I can tell you for a fact he isn't on our payroll; so the statement that we (Alpha) got him to bash on a competitor on this forum is typically internet garbage.

Thank you to all of the forum members who support our company and please provide us feedback on how we can continually improve our product and company, always know that people can reach out and talk to us.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
Originally Posted by AM_Rixon
Let me introduce myself, I'm Andrew one of the founders and Engineer at Alpha. A buddy sent me a link to this thread; I have not followed this page before so I wanted to introduce myself and chime in to the original post.

We greatly value honest feedback at our company, if you've ever talked with us we normally tell you that we prefer to hear the bad reports because it helps us identify problems and make our product better; though we always enjoy reading and hearing about how customers enjoy our product. We strive for the highest quality and continually look to improve our products. That said, I don't know of any company that is perfect; specially when your product is used by individuals that load it themselves and their skill base and equipment vary from novice to well experienced and the self proclaimed master reloaders who have only owned a press for a year or two and know everything from the internet (lol). But we are more than willing to work with any and all to help them a better loader and better shooter.

The post in reference concerning the 6xc brass is interesting to say the least. We do not publicly open up details of conversations we had privately with individuals. What I will say is that we worked extensively with that customer and after receiving samples of fired brass and loaded ammunition we identified a key problem that would cause a catastrophic failure. To the original poster, Tyrone, feel free to reach out to me at any point (844) 412.5742 ext 704 or my email [email protected]. I openly discuss our products and try to the best of my ability answer any questions and explain any shortcomings we have had. This offer is to all the shooting community, call or email me with any questions or concerns and I'll do what I can to help.

To the last few posts which could easily turn into a internet dumpster fire, things I absolutely have no interest to get into... To the Big_Stick chap above, I have no clue who he is and I can tell you for a fact he isn't on our payroll; so the statement that we (Alpha) got him to bash on a competitor on this forum is typically internet garbage.

Thank you to all of the forum members who support our company and please provide us feedback on how we can continually improve our product and company, always know that people can reach out and talk to us.

First class man, just like your brass.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
Andrew- my post about Big Stick being on the payroll was purely tongue-in-cheek. It involved a lengthy thread on Big Stick's experience with Peterson brass and kingston's above post about Alpha somehow being involved, which I don't believe.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
To the Big_Stick chap above, I have no clue who he is and I can tell you for a fact he isn't on our payroll; so the statement that we (Alpha) got him to bash on a competitor on this forum is typically internet garbage.

Thank you, Andrew. I appreciate your response to this issue. After extensively searching the internet, this appears to be an isolated case. It also looks like Alpha has a long way to go before it has as high of percentage of case failures as LC and other commercial producers.

BTW, there's no need for you to tell us Big Stick doesn't represent your company. We all know him. He is our village idiot.
Here's wishing that you never are so unfortunate that you have to deal personally with Big Stick
Posted By: AM_Rixon Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Andrew- my post about Big Stick being on the payroll was purely tongue-in-cheek. It involved a lengthy thread on Big Stick's experience with Peterson brass and kingston's above post about Alpha somehow being involved, which I don't believe.

Appreciate the clarification Whttail, I just want to make it known that we are not the kind of people to do what Kingston is accusing us of. We produce a product and let our product speak for us.

To the Big_Stick chap above, I have no clue who he is and I can tell you for a fact he isn't on our payroll; so the statement that we (Alpha) got him to bash on a competitor on this forum is typically internet garbage.

Thank you, Andrew. I appreciate your response to this issue. After extensively searching the internet, this appears to be an isolated case. It also looks like Alpha has a long way to go before it has as high of percentage of case failures as LC and other commercial producers.

BTW, there's no need for you to tell us Big Stick doesn't represent your company. We all know him. He is our village idiot.
Here's wishing that you never are so unfortunate that you have to deal personally with Big Stick

Tyrone, if there is any question you have on our product that I can help with please reach out, always willing to chat.
Posted By: Teal Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
Stick has been a massive proponent of Alpha brass. It's how I found out about Alpha and started to pay attention.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20

To AM_Rixon - Could you please tell us about your 6.5 Epstein Didn't Killl Himself brass? grin
Posted By: VernAK Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/20/20
We have some good riflemen here and we have some VERY good riflemen here and they let me compete with em now and then.
The serious riflemen ALL shoot Alpha Brass from Bowman Arms in Fairbanks.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/21/20
So Tyrone throws crap on Alpha based upon ONE internet post and then calls Stick an idiot...

Priceless...
Posted By: AM_Rixon Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/21/20
MuskegMan, 6.5 epstein didn't kill him self is coming, we are delayed a bit due to some other more pressing orders that need to be produced and shipped right now, but it is close!

Teal/VernAK, I appreciate Big_Sticks support of our company and how he vocalizes it so it spreads to other shooters like yourselves! I just want to squash the internet garbage being spread by kingston on how we somehow orchestrated an attack on a competitor through a public forum. I know Bob has been working with the Alaskan shooters so we can ship our product more cheaply to you all as UPS has crazy rates to get it up there. Once the virus clears up maybe I can convince Bob to head north with me to shoot a match up in Alaska and introduce ourselves to our Alaskan customers!
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/21/20
What's the best way to hide from Big Stick?

Shoot a match.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/21/20
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
So Tyrone throws crap on Alpha based upon ONE internet post and then calls Stick an idiot...

Priceless...

You know what I read, but not what I heard.

Unfortunately, this is a case of one story coming from several directions making it seem like it happened several times.

First class man, just like your brass.

Absolutely! Doesn't get better then that! I only have 100 pieces of 22 Creed brass from them but will be buying more and other head stamps as well.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/23/20
And their new 6.5 Line

https://alphamunitions.com/product/6-5-edkh/
Posted By: jpretle Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/23/20
In my experience, Alpha Brass is 1st Class. Might even be better than Lapua.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/23/20
That's great news to hear men, more than glad to have another top tier brass supplier, if they can consistently hang with Lapua, i'll be buying. cool
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/24/20
And Kingston has egg on his face? That's awkward............

Then, is it possible to view a thread without the same target posted by bsa for the 1200th time?
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/24/20
There's a significant segment of the shooting community that will have nothing to do with Alpha Brass after what they did to Peterson.

Maybe I'm the one confused, How did a thread about Alpha brass turn into a thread about Peterson brass?

Connect the dots please.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
That's great news to hear men, more than glad to have another top tier brass supplier, if they can consistently hang with Lapua, i'll be buying. cool

They don't just hang with Lapua, they are excellent in all regards.
Posted By: lastround Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
Gonna have to try me some Alpha brass!
Posted By: kingston Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
There’s a segment of the competitive rifle shooting community that believes ALPHA was behind public attacks on Peterson Brass.

I hear it at matches frequently.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13059291/1

Teal/VernAK, I appreciate Big_Sticks support of our company and how he vocalizes it so it spreads to other shooters like yourselves! I just want to squash the internet garbage being spread by kingston on how we somehow orchestrated an attack on a competitor through a public forum. I know Bob has been working with the Alaskan shooters so we can ship our product more cheaply to you all as UPS has crazy rates to get it up there. Once the virus clears up maybe I can convince Bob to head north with me to shoot a match up in Alaska and introduce ourselves to our Alaskan customers!

Clarified...
I just want to make it known that we are not the kind of people to do what Kingston is accusing us of.

I should have worded my initial post (copied below) more carefully.

I retract this carelessly worded post and offer the following.

For some, there is a perception that ALPHA Brass is behind scathing internet attacks on one of its competitors, Peterson Brass. It has been reported to me by multiple users that, due to this perception, they will not use ALPHA Brass.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
Originally Posted by gunner500

They don't just hang with Lapua, they are excellent in all regards.

NICE! I've yet to lay a hand on any, need to check it out.
Posted By: ejo Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
Wish 7-08 rem was an option.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/27/20
There’s a segment of the competitive rifle shooting community that believes ALPHA was behind public attacks on Peterson Brass.

Larry is such a Fuh King tard, he wouldn't know what it takes to win a match if if it smacked him in the back of the head like a flopping chrome. Hint: It has almost nothing to do with flash holes, "ragged" or not.
Hint x 2:Larry could plink at his VW-sized boulders at 1,000 yards with the crappiest milsurp brass ever, and never be able to tell it from any other brass.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/28/20
Do you or a loved one suffer from Big Stick Derangement Syndrome?

BSDS symptoms include but are not limited to,

Swollen fallopian tubes
Mood swings
Bloating
Tenderness or pain in the breasts
Irregular periods
Miscarriage
Bloody or oily stools
Severe anal bleeding
Redundancy
Redundancy
Excessive belly button lint
Loss of brain function
Unwanted pregnancy
Complete loss of humor
Redundancy

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, ask your Doctor if stepping away from the fugging internet may be right for you!
Posted By: GregW Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/28/20

Come on now. The rumor mill in the hunting world is as bad as it gets.....

Until verified, I'll use Alpha. It's badass [bleep]....

Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 04/28/20
So will I
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/04/20

More hearsay, bullshit and rumors....
You're supposed to be better than this.

I'm not about to read that link again, are you trying to imply 'stick was working undercover on behalf of Alpha brass? otherwise whats the relevance of the link?

GMAFB.
Posted By: kingston Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/04/20
Originally Posted by Kenneth

More hearsay, bullshit and rumors....
You're supposed to be better than this.

I'm not about to read that link again, are you trying to imply 'stick was working undercover on behalf of Alpha brass? otherwise whats the relevance of the link?

GMAFB.

I’m just reporting what I’ve heard said first hand. These were folks seeming to blame Alpha for what happen in that thread. I don’t know any of these people from here (24HCF). I know them in real life. They’re not campfire regulars or readers. The OP asked if Alpha was “trash” which reminded me of the anti-Alpha stuff I was hearing last Fall. I was surprised to hear it, as I’m intimately familiar with the thread on here. It seems an optic developed around that thread.

Again, my original post was somewhat poorly worded.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/04/20
I'd expect typical campfire post :

I've heard it really sucks, BUT I've never used it... which is why it really sucks... and I don't need to try it to know that...

Myself... from some of the posts from folks that I trust as open and honest, I've never heard any of them bad mouth Alpha brass..
so therefore I wouldn't even question it, and would order some...

hey if Stumpy likes it, you just know its the latest greatest thing in the world... THIS WEEK...
Posted By: RinB Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/04/20

I volunteer to test all of your “inferior “ Alpha brass. Please ship to me rather than trouble yourselves.
Posted By: 14Homer Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/11/20
Different people on the post have been posting about shooting in matches. I really like shooting in the regular NRA and CMP HP Rifle matches. Are any of you shooting in those? And it is funny that Stick won't ever shoot in competition if he is as good as he thinks he is.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/11/20
Nobody is shooting in them this year. frown
Posted By: VernAK Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/11/20
Not much for matches in Stick's area and if there were, there's summer fishing and firewood chores.
Posted By: 14Homer Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/11/20
Nobody is shooting in them this year. frown

You are correct. I was mostly just seeing if you were HP or Tactical, or whatever. But matches are pretty dead right now.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/11/20
Originally Posted by VernAK
Not much for matches in Stick's area and if there were, there's summer fishing and firewood chores.
Stick is so rich he could hire someone and travel anywhere he wants. Right?
Posted By: hanco Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/15/20
Never heard of Alpha, will have to try some.
Posted By: Axtell Re: Alpha Brass - Trash? - 05/16/20
I'm using Alpha brass in 6 Dasher for bench rest.

I weigh sort and volume sort the cases, out of 100 pcs. I get two groups that vary from zero to 0.5 grains and 2-4 outliers that do not fit my criteria. Weights and volumes are closer than Lapua where following the same criteria would get 3 groups and 2-5 outliers (generally). The case neck thickness is very uniform, very little is turned off to make them perfect, same performance with Lapua but tend to take more off. The primer pockets have been staying tight after upwards of 10 reloads.

Alpha is very good brass for the attributes I have described.

For a person that just loads ammo (for a hunting situation or plinking) then Alpha will give better results (technically) than Lapua.

When one goes through case prep to BR standards then Alpha holds little advantage over Lapua.

In my area Alpha brass is ~$75 more per box of 100, but does come in a nice plastic case that usually costs 15-20 bucks.
© 24hourcampfire