Home
Posted By: bluefish Randy Selby - 10/07/20
Has anyone ever had work done by Randy Selby?
Posted By: 805 Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
His videos are sure entertaining to watch especially when it comes to LR shooting and LR bullets as heโ€™s quite the โ€œexpertโ€! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Posted By: Higginez Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by 805
His videos are sure entertaining to watch especially when it comes to LR shooting and LR bullets as heโ€™s quite the โ€œexpertโ€! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

POPPYCOCK!!!!!!
Posted By: ghostrider272 Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
I have. He rebarreled a rifle for me and bored another one from 375 to 458 and bed the stock. Work was well done and he was great to work with.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
I talked to him about reboring a few months ago. He admitted that JES Reboring has done work for him when he has been backed up. I think I will keep sending my rebore work to JES for $250 rather than paying Randy $500.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
Does anyone have experience with his stock building? Says he will work to make a stock fit on hi web page. Does he?
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by bluefish
Does anyone have experience with his stock building? Says he will work to make a stock fit on hi web page. Does he?

Maybe you should ask him directly. Instead of trying to solicit opinions on the internet.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Randy Selby - 10/07/20
I find it always pays to check references and people who have used him and I am in touch with Randy. I think they call it due diligence.
Posted By: hatari Re: Randy Selby - 10/08/20
Has anyone ever had work done by Randy Selby?

Yes!

I've had Randy do several builds for me and all work was top notch. Turn around time was reasonable.
He's rebuilt and rebarreled and restockeed a Savage 99 Takedown, did a cutom Mauser build in .257 Weatherby, and restocked a couple of others.

Yes.
Originally Posted by 805

Let's say he has "strong" opinions. wink
Posted By: bluefish Re: Randy Selby - 10/08/20
The options are either to have him stock a barrelled LH commercial mauser pattern action I have in 7x57 or my slick as snot LH M70 Classic in 30 06.
Which would you all do? I'd kind of like to get the 7x57 done.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Randy Selby - 10/09/20
When researching a 'smith for a full custom I had in mind several years ago, everything I read about Randy's work indicated he's top-notch. I spoke to him regarding the build, but unfortunately I couldn't afford him.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Randy Selby - 10/09/20
The 7x57 has been languishing. A couple of remaining changes on the metal need to be done; it uses 1909 BM which needs to be reshaped from its military dress into something more svelte. The front sight and barrel sling swivel need to be changed and I am considering shortening the barrel from its current 25" length. Beyond that a little final metal polishing and then it just needs a stock. I have noticed for whatever reason, a 1949 M70 stock fits me quite comfortably allowing me to line up quite comfortably onto the irons. A slight lifting of the head and a scope can be used. Full, comfortable contact that way with the butt pad. I have never shot or hunted with such a rifle, being LH but they sure feel good to hold. Natural if you will. Perhaps I have my answer.
Posted By: ghostrider272 Re: Randy Selby - 10/09/20
I'd have him do the Mauser. Seems like it may cost a bit more, but he does good work, despite his opinions. I found his prices reasonable for the work I had done.
© 24hourcampfire