Home
Posted By: kstockfo serengeti rifle stock?? - 11/24/20
What happened to this company that did nice-looking walnut laminates? Are any other companies doing a similar thing? I saw an old article that explained that they used 5 strips of walnut to create a strong laminate that looked like a solid piece of walnut. I feel like I've seen other companies that died laminates with only 3 or 5 pieces to create a unique looking laminate, can anybody recommend a company that does something similar?
thanks,
kstockfo
Posted By: High_Noon Re: serengeti rifle stock?? - 11/25/20
I believe Kilimanjaro rifles is still around. The Serengeti was one of their rifle models. I remember reading about their stocks, but I thought it was a 3 piece lamination.

Just found this:

Kilimanjaro Stealth Lamination

I'm not aware of any other similarly laminated stocks, but I seem to remember, perhaps, reading about something similar years ago.

Maybe check out Accurate Innovations?
I think Serengeti was purchased by Kilimanjaro Rifles about ten years ago and I don’t think they sell stocks just completed rifles
IIRC Serengeti was a stock maker in Montana and got bought by Kilimanjaro rifles in Hawaii. Kilimanjaro then had a “production grade” rifle line they called the “Serengeti” but they dropped it and went full custom rifles only.
Funny just before I posted I tried to find their website to confirm what I was about to say and did a google search and it links to an online pharmacy couldn’t get to their website
But High Noon’s link goes right to it. I still don’t know how to internet
Posted By: longbarrel Re: serengeti rifle stock?? - 11/25/20
The laminated stocks were Mel Smart's design. I still have one, 5 layers of walnut, that I bedded to a Model 70 but never finished or used. Nice stock, was $500 iirc way back then when I got it from Rod Rogers.
© 24hourcampfire