Home
Posted By: EdM Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/24/20
By a known maker. Seems fairly priced as well.

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default...GunsDetails&GunID=3525&StyleID=2
Posted By: Utahunter Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/24/20
Shazam!!!! That's drop dead gorgeous.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Sure is, Ed. Hunt it, not hunt it....

The taste in scopes i could remedy easily, but the lop and what *looks like* considerable drop at heel more suited to irons, gonna have to stand pat, defer to Ed, and hope he posts some pics in the field with it by next year.... 😁
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
considering how expensive that scope is that is a nice price. I will agree with sandcritter the drop at heel is a lot. would like to shoulder it to see if it matters. The forearm might be a tad short too. Still lovely workmanship and a great stock of wood.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Originally Posted by 1911a1
considering how expensive that scope is that is a nice price. I will agree with sandcritter the drop at heel is a lot. would like to shoulder it to see if it matters. The forearm might be a tad short too. Still lovely workmanship and a great stock of wood.

1911a1,
What’s the vintage on the scope?
Posted By: iskra Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
I know nothing about the scope or most scopes generally. No comment there. If this was a CF member exhibiting their rifle, to remain silent. As merely one for sale... Critical critique of stock aesthetics... The wood pattern/cut and fleur-de-lis as executed, I don't particularly care for. Reasonable tastes differ and that, mine. No 'dis' intended whatsoever to contrary tastes.

An half century old Sako FN rifle of mine in 300WM, custom stock by Bishop of Warsaw, Mo. The stock pattern itself, disdained today. But the wood figure itself and relief-carved fleur-de-lis, I much prefer. Few pix below.
Just a 'personal'...
My take!
John

Attached picture R41-3U.jpg
Attached picture R41-9.jpg
Attached picture R41-8.jpg
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Originally Posted by EdM

Beautiful rifle. I’m not a fan of fluer checkering but I could learn to live with it!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Pretty rifle, sir...
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by 1911a1

1911a1,
What’s the vintage on the scope?

I'm afraid I don't know. I looked at new ones and they are different so it could be fairly old. Even at that it be worth at least 500$
Posted By: TimZ Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Got the email from Champlin on that one, gave it serious consideration but decided three 7X57s was enough......certainly seems to be very well-priced.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Flawless in execution of every detail, naysayers be damned.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/25/20
Nice rifle, the lack of custom bottom metal is a negative IMO.
Posted By: 101guns Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
Beautiful.....I suggested that as a good Xmas gift for me....unfortunately the wife didn't agree.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
Calling Rev Mike.

Factory bottom metal would be OK with me, wouldn’t cull it on that account.

Regarding drop and the comb, would have to shoulder it before deciding.

Maybe a tad heavy for current tastes. Otherwise hard to fault. Nice wood, faultless execution.

DF
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
A pretty rifle that seems to offer a lot of value for the price, when you consider that it appears to be a well done custom build for less than 3x that cost of a comparable, but plain, regular production rifle.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by iskra
I know nothing about the scope or most scopes generally. No comment there. If this was a CF member exhibiting their rifle, to remain silent. As merely one for sale... Critical critique of stock aesthetics... The wood pattern/cut and fleur-de-lis as executed, I don't particularly care for. Reasonable tastes differ and that, mine. No 'dis' intended whatsoever to contrary tastes.

An half century old Sako FN rifle of mine in 300WM, custom stock by Bishop of Warsaw, Mo. The stock pattern itself, disdained today. But the wood figure itself and relief-carved fleur-de-lis, I much prefer. Few pix below.
Just a 'personal'...
My take!
John

Why does your rifle have a paper tag tied to the trigger guard in the 1st picture?
Posted By: efw Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by gunswizard

I disagree; with that drop it should have sights of some kind.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Pretty Nice 7x57 - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by gunswizard

I disagree; with that drop it should have sights of some kind.

Just takes money...

DF
© 24hourcampfire