Home
Posted By: REDVANES 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
I've been wanting to build a 22Creed ever since I heard about them. This will be my first build on something other than a Rem700. I was always intrigued with the Bighorn actions and when the Origin came out it was a no brainer for me.

Planning on 75ELDMs going 3500... may try Barnes 77LRX in the future too.

Bighorn Origin
Bartlein #3 1-7.7 finished at 24”
Manners EH2 Elite Tommy Bahama
TriggerTech Special
PTG M5 flush DBM
ZEISS V4 4-16X44
Zeiss Precision Ultralight Low rings
OD Green Cerakote

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Posted By: dale06 Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
That’s a great looking rifle.
Posted By: SKane Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
I dig it! The 22 Creedmoor is about the only itch I need to scratch in the future.

Barrel contour looks more like a 2B but likely just phantasm on my part. blush
Wow, I dig it, that turned out great!

Can't wait to hear how it shoots for you.
Originally Posted by SKane

In the pictures the barrel does look rather 2b-ish but I can assure you the grocery cart said #3.

Originally Posted by beretzs
Wow, I dig it, that turned out great!

Can't wait to hear how it shoots for you.

Me too! I already had load development ready to roll, just seated them long. Going to measure lands and reseat accordingly. Hoping this weekend some lead will fly!
Very nice
Kind like I've been reading your mind ...
Dave
Very nice!!
Posted By: Puddle Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
Very nice. How may grooves?

I'm thinkin' I'll be going with a 3-groove...
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Very nice
Kind like I've been reading your mind ...
Dave

Rolling out something soon Dave? Exciting!

Originally Posted by Puddle
Very nice. How may grooves?

I'm thinkin' I'll be going with a 3-groove...

5R
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
Good lookin setup. I like my 22 manbun
Originally Posted by Judman

What's your setup, Judman?
Not anytime soon.
I want to recreate PO Ackleys 50g high speed swift set up.
Mr.Beretzs has me convinced the creedmore case is the way to go.
I need all the parts .
Just time.
And money 🤑.
Like always.
You did good man.
I like that rifle.
Dave
Originally Posted by REDVANES

McMillan hunter, rem sporter 8” hart @22”, 805 hunter trigger, rem sa, talleys, 3-10 shv.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

McMillan hunter, rem sporter 8” hart @22”, 805 hunter trigger, rem sa, talleys, 3-10 shv.

Ahhh yes... I remember seeing that beaut. I'm not much of a fan of purple but I always thought that rifle looked slick as snot!

What projectile did you use on that deer?
75 elds, don’t penetrate for shiit, but they kill alright. Wanna give the 75 swift sirocco a whirl
75 elds, don’t penetrate for shiit, but they kill alright. Wanna give the 75 swift sirocco a whirl

Good to know! I gave the sciroccos a thought as well.
Really a nice looking rifle - congrats!

Also - once you have a chance to try that stock interested to know how you like it. Sure like the lines of the EH2, need to try one out.
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Really a nice looking rifle - congrats!

Also - once you have a chance to try that stock interested to know how you like it. Sure like the lines of the EH2, need to try one out.

Oregon,

This is my 2nd EH2 & I've got a 3rd on the way. The EH2 is my favorite stock.

Top - 6.5CM

Middle - 22CM

Bottom - 300RUM (replacing the Greyboe Terrain with an EH2 that is already on order)

Thanks for the info - and the picture you have some nice toys:) Think I will have to put one of those EH2's on my list of stuff I need!!
Thanks for the info - and the picture you have some nice toys:) Think I will have to put one of those EH2's on my list of stuff I need!!

Thank you!

FYI, I'm a distributor and I've got a batch of 10 EH2 stocks on order. I'm thinking I should have them in a couple months.
All Rem 700 SA, Bartlein #3 contour w/ 1" shank, M5 DMB inlet, 4 different color options w/ Elite shell.
Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you!

FYI, I'm a distributor and I've got a batch of 10 EH2 stocks on order. I'm thinking I should have them in a couple months.
All Rem 700 SA, Bartlein #3 contour w/ 1" shank, M5 DMB inlet, 4 different color options w/ Elite shell.

Thank you! If you ever have an extra short action Rem 700/clone inlet and Hawkins Precision bottom metal and a Bartlein CF wrapped #4 contour I'm in wink
Posted By: 805 Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
Awesome build!! Like that a lot.
Posted By: efw Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/17/20
That is a very cool set up; how far you plan to stretch it to range-wise!

Sure looks like fun 3500 is screamin!
I really like that.

I have more years behind me than in front and my lust for building new things is long gone, but if Tikka would come out with a 1-8" 22 Creedmoor, I'd buy one.

Originally Posted by MichieD
. . . if Tikka would come out with a 1-8" 22 Creedmoor, I'd buy one.

Find a T3/T3x in .223 with the 1:8 and punch it out. Easy peasy . . .
Originally Posted by efw
That is a very cool set up; how far you plan to stretch it to range-wise!

Probably start out walking it out to 640 yards on my families land then hopefully this spring stretch it out to 1k
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Or better yet find one of the 1-8 22-250 Tikka made and punch it out... that way you don’t have to worry about messing with the BF
Daggone EH22 creeds...

I have been shooting the .22 Manbun for four years now...easily my favorite caliber. The 69TMK is bad medicine at 3550fps...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Daggone EH22 creeds...

Always loved that rifle!

Originally Posted by liliysdad
I have been shooting the .22 Manbun for four years now...easily my favorite caliber. The 69TMK is bad medicine at 3550fps...

The anticipation is killing me!
Been hunting with this rifle for 3 years now, its killed 7 deer, and a sack full of pigs and coyotes. I built it on the cheap, as an experiment. Its a 700 action with 22 inches of the cheapest CM tube Shilen makes. I put it in a Stocky's Long Range Polymer stock that was inletted for Magpul DBM. I topped it with a Burris XTRII 3-15 in UTG Pro Rings on Burris steel bases. It was an absolute laser, shooting 69gr TMKs at 3550fps without even twisting it very hard.

The only real downside is that it was a heavy turd. Without the can, the rifle weighed 13lb, 10oz. The majority of that was in the stock and hardware.

I decided I wasn't getting any younger, and carrying heavy [bleep] gets old fast. The gun is fairly long, and the heavy butt made it ride a little awkward in my Eberlestock. I decided it was time to put the toad on a diet.

I stumbled across an AG Composites Alpine Hunter on the 'hide for a good deal, so I snagged it. Again on the 'hide, I found some Grayboe DBM for a heck a bargain. I hopped over to Midway, and ordered a set of Talley LW 34mm Lows, then to Rokslide where I picked up a Titanium
Arca plate.

All together, I am down to 10lb 4oz without the can. The gun feels like a whole different critter, and the stock is an amazing piece of gear. Its a little nose heavy, but not horribly so. If anything, the nose weight will make it ride in the Eberlestock better. Maybe once I burn this barrel, I will throw a CF tube on it and see how light it gets!

Been hunting with this rifle for 3 years now, its killed 7 deer, and a sack full of pigs and coyotes. I built it on the cheap, as an experiment. Its a 700 action with 22 inches of the cheapest CM tube Shilen makes. I put it in a Stocky's Long Range Polymer stock that was inletted for Magpul DBM. I topped it with a Burris XTRII 3-15 in UTG Pro Rings on Burris steel bases. It was an absolute laser, shooting 69gr TMKs at 3550fps without even twisting it very hard.

The only real downside is that it was a heavy turd. Without the can, the rifle weighed 13lb, 10oz. The majority of that was in the stock and hardware.

[img]http://imgur.com/0bnSMCh[/img]

I decided I wasn't getting any younger, and carrying heavy [bleep] gets old fast. The gun is fairly long, and the heavy butt made it ride a little awkward in my Eberlestock. I decided it was time to put the toad on a diet.

I stumbled across an AG Composites Alpine Hunter on the 'hide for a good deal, so I snagged it. Again on the 'hide, I found some Grayboe DBM for a heck a bargain. I hopped over to Midway, and ordered a set of Talley LW 34mm Lows, then to Rokslide where I picked up a Titanium
Arca plate.

All together, I am down to 10lb 4oz without the can. The gun feels like a whole different critter, and the stock is an amazing piece of gear. Its a little nose heavy, but not horribly so. If anything, the nose weight will make it ride in the Eberlestock better. Maybe once I burn this barrel, I will throw a CF tube on it and see how light it gets!

[img]http://imgur.com/iezIA5R[/img]

The rifle looked good before but man it looks great now! Really like that AG composite! Very nice rifle!!

My gunsmith had a couple AG stocks I handled when I picked up my rifle. I’m a Manners guy but man I was very impressed with the AG!
Fixed the images, sorry about that!!

Yes, the AG is my new go-to. I am currently in the middle of a lightweight 308 build using a Bansner stock, and its all I can do not to order another Alpine Hunter instead...

Ever get a deer 🦌 ????

Dave

Ever get a deer 🦌 ????

Dave

Two of these fell to the 69TMK

And this one, plus a few does

Nice ....
Inquiring minds want to know ..
Bang flops DRTs. Death runs.....
Your still using it so it must work pretty good.

Dave
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Daggone EH22 creeds...

That thing looks an awful lot like spongebob 😀
Dave
Nice ....
Inquiring minds want to know ..
Bang flops DRTs. Death runs.....
Your still using it so it must work pretty good.

Dave

Of the three bucks I have killed with it, all were large bodied, mature deer. The shoulder mount 12, I shanked the shot a bit and hit him a but further back than I would have liked. He ran about 200yd and piled up.

The gnarly one and the tall 8 were both shot within 25yd of each other in consecutive years. Both were right at 225yd, quartering to. The gnarly deer ran about 20yd and was done. This year's deer ran about 200yd into a creek, and never came out. The does have all been similar, a couple of bang flops, a couple of short runs, no real issues. If I have any complaint, its that the little bullet doesn't leave much of a blood trail.
Thanks.
Just so I'm not mistaking anything .
That's a Tipped Sierra Match King??
Much penatrasion??
I imagine the insides look like jello...
Dave
Yep, just a regular old Tipped Match King.

I have had a couple that have passed through on does. I try to avoid shoulders and go straight for the vitals. The insides are typically quite mushy....
Thanks again.
I headed that direction on a future build so I appreciate the information.
Dave

Or better yet find one of the 1-8 22-250 Tikka made and punch it out... that way you don’t have to worry about messing with the BF

Thank you, but the point for me is to not spend a dime more than buying a factory rifle. To have to pay for a factory rifle than throw a few hundred more at it, just doesn't interest more anymore these days.

Thank you, but the point for me is to not spend a dime more than buying a factory rifle. To have to pay for a factory rifle than throw a few hundred more at it, just doesn't interest more anymore these days.

I've become quite the opposite... There's not much that I can buy off the rack that I find interesting...

Sure wouldn't hold my breath on a factory offering any time soon, and I absolutely wouldn't do without one while I waited.

That thing looks an awful lot like spongebob 😀
Dave

New name for it! 👍

I've become quite the opposite... There's not much that I can buy off the rack that I find interesting...

Sure wouldn't hold my breath on a factory offering any time soon, and I absolutely wouldn't do without one while I waited.

I'll likely survive.
Kimber7man
pretty close
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Really like that PMII

dave
Dave,
Thanks, it’s the 3-12x50 P3 with fixed parallax. Weighs 25 oz. found it on eBay one day, it wasn’t very popular. I’ve dropped it and dented both the objective bell and the ocular but it still works great.
Great guns fellas.
I had one with the P3.
They were set up parallax free at 250 meters
The thing was a monster in the dark.
I liked it well enough but ended up trading up to a
5-25 PMII. Did a deal with Europtics.
Id take the 3-12 anywhere.
The 5-25 not so much.
Just a load..

Dave

Thank you!

Nice build ,Ryan.
PM or text me about your stocks when you have time.

Tim N.
Michigan
quote=mibowhunter]

Thank you!

Nice build ,Ryan.
PM or text me about your stocks when you have time.

Tim N.
Michigan[/quote]

Thanks Tim! Text incoming
Bloodied her this morning.

250 yards with 75ELDMs... terminal damage was devistating!

Love this rifle

Nice!
How far did they run after the hit???

Details man ?

Dave
Posted By: aalf Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/03/21
Bloodied her this morning. 250 yards with a 75ELDM... terminal damage was devistating!

Nice.....what's the muzzle velocity with those?
How far did they run after the hit???

Details man ?

Dave

I was set up in a gas line cut away and about 45 minutes after the sun came up I saw a doe come out to my left. I didn’t know how far at the time I just knew it wasn’t over 300 so I held right on and shot. She leg kicked and took off but not very fast. 90 seconds later another one came in the exact spot as the first, I stopped her, shot and she leg kicked and bulldozed on her chest out of sight.

I ranged after both shots and I saw it was 250. The first one only ran 35 yards and toppled. The second one ended up bulldozing for 20 yards. Both shots right behind the shoulder.

Originally Posted by aalf
Bloodied her this morning. 250 yards with a 75ELDM... terminal damage was devistating!

Nice.....what's the muzzle velocity with those?

With 52 rounds down the barrel these are launching at 3450 FPS. I guess I should expect a small gain in velocity at around 100 rounds? At least that’s what I hear.

Had never given the Teeker route a thunk. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

My light one and I'm fairly sure it's a Bart'. Hint. LAUGHING!

Heaviest one. Hint.

Had a Bushie '18x LRTS arrive today and prolly should poke it on the heaviest,so folks don't tease me about colors. Hint. LAUGHING!

Assembled one for a pard earlier today. James 7" Heavy Bull at 28",kissing Beer Cans at 2.825" and should crowd 3300fps with 'em. Hint.

I've heard good thangs about 75 ELD's too. Hint........................(grin)

Posted By: SKane Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/03/21

250 yards with a 75ELDM... terminal damage was devistating!

Love this rifle

Sweet! Thanks for the update.
Hmmmmmm...busted links. I reckon it happens. Hint...................

Originally Posted by Big Stick

Chain saw spark plug wrench, how apropos.
Posted By: aalf Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/03/21
With 52 rounds down the barrel these are launching at 3450 FPS. I guess I should expect a small gain in velocity at around 100 rounds? At least that’s what I hear.

Must be the moly that I shoot, as I almost never see any increase in velocities.

However, the accuracy never seems to stabilize till I get to 125 rounds, give or take.

For a different frame of reference, my 22x47 Lapua shoots 80 VLD's at 3370 in a 23" Bartlein.

Have yet to take it deer hunting, but the coyotes will attest to it's abilities..... grin

However, the accuracy never seems to stabilize till I get to 125 rounds, give or take.

I would agree with that.
New barrels.......
Dave

250 yards with a 75ELDM... terminal damage was devistating!

Love this rifle

Congrats !
Sweet pic, too !

Must be the moly that I shoot, as I almost never see any increase in velocities.

For a different frame of reference, my 22x47 Lapua shoots 80 VLD's at 3370 in a 23" Bartlein.

Have yet to take it deer hunting, but the coyotes will attest to it's abilities..... grin

Yeah I don’t recall the Krieger speeding up on my 6.5.... I hear a lot of talk about it though.

I can’t imagine what this thing will do to a coyote though
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/03/21

Jesus Christ, what a steaming pile o [bleep]!!! Haha

Aren’t you the whining cuunt that bitches about weight, handiness etc?? That’s quite the killin rifle you washed up fuuckin dummy!! Haha best thing is the optics!! Fuuck me!!! 😂😂😂
Had some fun in South Texas with the 22CM

About 200 yards, 75 ELDM going 3500... no exit. Ran 15 yards

The next day, after we had an unsuccessful morning Javelina hunting we shot some quail then ate lunch. All the sudden we got some pics sent to the phone... Javelina at the feeder!!

We take off on the Side X Side and haul butt over there. We stalked right up to 35 yards and I took the shot. Dropped upon impact.

The other ran 5 yards and my buddy took him with his 7mm Mag. He hit him a little low and pretty much gutted him.

Looks like you guys had a blast.
Dave
The Last evening Of the hunt I was awarded a bonus yote. 150yd offhand while sitting on a 5 gallon bucket

All shots on game with the 75ELDM this past weekend had small entrances with no exits.

It was a great trip with some good dudes. I love shooting that 22CM as it’s quickly becoming my favorite rifle to shoot.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 02/07/21
Very cool!
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 02/07/21
It was a great trip with some good dudes. I love shooting that 22CM as it’s quickly becoming my favorite rifle to shoot.

Cool little cartridge for sure, love mine
Crazy and tough hunt in Wyoming. Long shots were a must on this hunt with extremely skiddish goats.

450 yards with a 75 grain ELDM through both lungs. Internal damage was devastating. No exit. Ran 10 yards and dropped.

That’s a very cool speed goat!! Congrats
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 10/24/21
Took mine to Wyoming last week, same bullet as you, probably 200 yards, pass through. Really like my build.👍
Nice rifle, that's definitely gonna get Sticky all "horned up".
😂😂 that’s the farthest I’ve hauled my couch, no shiit, thank god my sxs trailer had room!!! Haha

Good job Jud - that looks like a mighty fine antelope - heck of a nice cape on that one with that black muzzle. Appears your timing was just right to hit that nasty weather, have a couple friends there now chasing mule deers and antelopes.
Thanks Frank. Glad we took the sxs, roads were fuucked! Rain and snow, then thawed, quite the hunt. Looked over 50-75 bucks a day, for 4 days, didn’t see another person in the unit huntin. Very quality hunt.👍
Thanks Frank. Glad we took the sxs, roads were fuucked! Rain and snow, then thawed, quite the hunt. Looked over 50-75 bucks a day, for 4 days, didn’t see another person in the unit huntin. Very quality hunt.👍

holy fugg,,,,you're alive
Lost my old lab, been huntin, got a new pup, lotsa time with momma and the grandson, doin shiit that matters. Lookin forward to montucky and bringing a buncha pheasant wings home and gettin this hambone rollin. 👍

Great hunt fellas! Looks like the 22 Creed is kicking butt.

I had buddy’s around the BigHorns fighting mud, snow, snow and mud. I’m sorry I missed it!
Scotty, it gets pretty sporty, nothing like seeing your trailer with a brand new sxs sideways cleaning out the ditch!!! Haha

The pioneer 700 was literally a game changer..all BLM/oil roads. Sxs didn’t even get locked in 4 wheel drive…

Hell yes. I’ve got the Pioneer 1000 on every trip I make and I’m with you. Some years it never leaves camp, some years it is the only way to get to the trail head.

Awesome pictures
Pards had a eye poked out from the rut. He’s still using his ulw 270 Wby for the last 25 years. 130 Hornadys, 6.5-20 leupold

Jud, that looks to be a dandy Goat!!! We could not be picky at all in the unit we hunted. Winter kill had put a hurtin on them the last couple years and they better not see you before you saw them... goats over a mile away were hauling a$$ if they got an eye on you
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 10/25/21
Copy that. We went the week after the opener, they were skittish buggers too. The drought has em beat down in our unit, guess it’s supposed to be really good on a normal year, more goats, better trophy quality. We were both extremely happy with our hunt. Can’t wait to draw it again
Jud not going to ask what unit but did it take a bunch of points to draw ?
Took mine to Wyoming last week, same bullet as you, probably 200 yards, pass through. Really like my build.👍

Congrats, great buck!
Sonafabitch, hunted with this fuucker over 25 years, and he whips his nut out!!! 😂😂😂

Jud, nice goat!

Half tempted to take the 22 creed stoked with 77 TMKs to Wyoming for cow elk next year….
It’ll work pard. 👍
It’ll work pard. 👍

👍
Lost my old lab, been huntin, got a new pup, lotsa time with momma and the grandson, doin shiit that matters. Lookin forward to montucky and bringing a buncha pheasant wings home and gettin this hambone rollin. 👍

Hope that dog ain't a queer sporting that pink collar!!😉😉
Nope she’s a female. Only dog I’ll buy anymore Brian
That's my opinion too.

The warden thinks otherwise.
Shot this doe last year right at 100 yards. I hit her in the ribs and it knocked her to the ground. She got back up and ran about 40 yards and piled up.

75gr ELDM no exit.

Last night I went to try to shoot a coyote. I was rewarded with this nice sized female BOB.

I was pretty excited when I saw her coming in but then I was really wishing I had been toting my .223 instead. I thought for sure that 75ELDM would cut her in half.

She was at 125yds quartering hard at me. I snuck it right in-between her neck and shoulder, BANG FLOP. When I turned her over, to my surprise there was NO EXIT!

Super Pumped! I'll have the hide soft tanned.

Sorry for the terrible picture... it was starting to get dark.

Again the 75gr ELDM

Nice shooting RV! Cool pair of critters.
So far the body count with this rifle is:

3 whitetail does (250, 250, 100 yds)
1 pronghorn (450 yds)
3 javelina (200 yds, 200 yds, 30 yds)
1 coyote (150 yds)
1 bobcat (125 yds)

The only thing I've fed it so far is 75gr ELDMs.
The performance has been stellar.
Closer range animals don't have an exit.
Further shots (250 and out) have exits.

I have some 88s that I haven't got around to testing yet but I'm anxious to try them out.

I love the Manners EH2 stock but because the scope sits just a tad higher because of the picatinny rail I think I may be going to an adjustable cheek stock for a better cheek weld. (rings are low)
I don't think Low Talleys will work because of the eye piece diameter on the Zeiss. I believe it will interfere with bolt manipulation.
Nice !

I almost built a 22 creed.. Glad I didn't...maybe.. grin
Just went back and looked. Sharp damn rifle again. Forgot how well it turned out.
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Nice !

C'Mon Tim!... You know as well as anybody... there's always room for one more wink
Just went back and looked. Sharp damn rifle again. Forgot how well it turned out.

Thank you Sir! I absolutely love the rifle/cartridge
Looks like lots of fun was had.
Nope she’s a female. Only dog I’ll buy anymore Brian

So, how many bitches in the house now? grin
Posted By: RinB Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22
Lots of the numbers I see are, shall we say, based on alternative facts. Check out the Peterson CO’s test results for the 22 CM. Great cartridge but not magic., unless you add some 2,4,6 Tri Nitro Toluene.
Nice !

C'Mon Tim!... You know as well as anybody... there's always room for one more wink

I almost built the 22 creed..however... I did have a rifle built
..grin
Originally Posted by RinB
Lots of the numbers I see are, shall we say, based on alternative facts. Check out the Peterson CO’s test results for the 22 CM. Great cartridge but not magic., unless you add some 2,4,6 Tri Nitro Toluene.

??? kind of random...
Posted By: SMACK Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22
I shoot a .22 Creedmoor Improved. Accurate as it gets and it kills chit dead.

Attached picture 183D70BB-4F5E-4DEF-92B4-BC64C80A3D28.jpeg
Attached picture 3BB8A0EF-5D78-45D4-8FC0-C6291D063A58.jpeg
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22

what I was thinking was I really like bacon but prefer tenderloin. So if I don’t have the tenderloin prepped to batter and fry we will probably have bacon eggs and sausage. Even though my wife makes sausage gravy.
Originally Posted by SMACK

Wouldn't that be a 22-250 AI?
Price tag on that puppy?
Originally Posted by Kaleb

what I was thinking was I really like bacon but prefer tenderloin. So if I don’t have the tenderloin prepped to batter and fry we will probably have bacon eggs and sausage. Even though my wife makes sausage gravy.

LOL! Ahh, I gotcha! Thanks for deciphering! grin
Posted By: LBP Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22
With all this talk of the 75 eldm has me wondering about the 73 eldm, my 22-250 NULA loves the 73.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Price tag on that puppy?

Bighorn Origin - $825
Manners EH2 - $650
Bartlein Barrel - $375
TriggerTech Special - $200
PTG Bottom Metal - $130
Hawkins Flush Mag - $117
Zeiss V4 - $800
Zeiss Rings - $200
Gunsmithing Fees (Chamber, & Fit Barrel, Bed Action in Stock, Cerakote) - ???

***Prices have gone up a little on some of that in the last 2 years***
Posted By: SMACK Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by Dude270

Wouldn't that be a 22-250 AI?

Mo’Bigga
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 11/30/22
Nice RV, love my 22 cm👊🏻
As "larger" 224 goes.I shoot Speedmire,22-250AI and CHeetah. 'Course I shoot Swift too,but they suck enough,so as to not rate serious conversation. Hint.

Of the trio,it's Speedmire by lightyears for me. Hint................
Posted By: SMACK Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/03/22
Another bad Azz .224 with a bad azz bullet.

Attached picture 4B372BDE-9313-4367-9A6B-AD54A89ABDCB.jpeg
Another bad Azz .224 with a bad azz bullet.

Sweet!! Love those HotRod 22s!
A double busted me before I saw them. Sent one at around 230 yds and on a full run and dropped her. Sent 2 more at the lead yote but couldn’t connect.

Upon retrieval I realized that you don’t need to lead much with the 22CM. Damn near took her head off! Both eyes not popped out but completely blown out and off side of head had a hole I could put my fist in. Gruesome so say the least.

Quick sit before work. This big male might have been the mate running with the female I shot last weekend.
Never played a distress sound, just invitation howls.

He hung up at 312 yds so I sent a 75 ELDM his way.

Posted By: SKane Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 12/30/22
Sweet!
If only for conversation,a 75 ELD at 3450fps in the following atmosphere,do thusly. Hint.

So a target at 230yds,moving 10mph,requires a 36" lead. 20mph being double,if only obviously,at 72". Figuring a full tilt escape at 35mph and that's a 126" lead,travelling at 90-degrees from the muzzle. Hint.................
So a target at 230yds,moving 10mph,requires a 36" lead. 20mph being double,if only obviously,at 72". Figuring a full tilt escape at 35mph and that's a 126" lead,travelling at 90-degrees from the muzzle. Hint.................

That's precisely what I calculated in my head in the heat of the moment... just off a few inches grin wink
It's why I like a GOOD FFP Milscale reticle,because Base Ten is as easily applied to leads,as it is to atmospherics. You'll note how the angular lineal measurement,slides nicely on the Milscale and it's a paltry 4.4 to 6.3 Base Ten Lead Shift,from 50 to 1000yds. Hint.

I tend to keep such things in my ocular. Hint.................
Nice shooting !

That's precisely what I calculated in my head in the heat of the moment... just off a few inches grin wink

Takes quick thinking for the proper leade. There is about zero time for charts and ranging, especially when the coyote is quartering away with turbos and boost full power. laugh

Them little red fox we have here are SOB on the run. They all don't escape though..grin
Hardly "daunting" to Base Ten leads and factor same into the equation,well prior to the first shot. Hint.

Seldom does Guessing,begin to factor connect percentages like KNOWING,whether it elevation,wind or leads. Hint...............

Euro-Optic had the T3X Lite 22-250, 1/8 twist, 22”, stainless bbl for $680 a while back. As you say, just punch it out.

Great thread with some nice hardware.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Euro-Optic had the T3X Lite 22-250, 1/8 twist, 22”, stainless bbl for $680 a while back. As you say, just punch it out.

Great thread with some nice hardware.

Saw a couple on gunbroker too for a decent price last week
Nice shooting !

Always room for just one more build Tim smile
Lots of times the first shot is on a mover with a rifle.

Play with the shotgun lots these days ..they running many times also. Very seldom they out run the Benelli.
Nice shooting !

Always room for just one more build Tim smile

Only if I had Sticks money 😉
Or.... when I cook the barrel on the big 17 .

I'm still trying to decide on a scope for my most current purchase.
I'm not really a 17 Centerfire guy,but then again,I don't shoot anything greater than 17 Rem case capacity. Hint.

Do LOVE my Annie 54 1717D HB and both my Garrow Hummer uppers,along with my Franklin 17 Whizzum Upper and 77/17 Whizzum though. Hint................
It’s antlerless (doe) season right now and I really wanted to test this setup at a little longer range. So I set up in a spot where I would get about a 500ish yard shot if they came through where they normally do.

An hour after sunrise this big male came through the pasture so it quickly turned into a coyote hunt. He stopped at 375 quartering away hard, I dialed 2.5MOA on the V4 and sent it. Dropped like he was struck by lightening. No exit

Right at 10:00 I ended up having about 15 does and fawns come through right where I figured they would but for some reason they were all running and they never stopped. Something spooked them and I didn’t ever see what it was. It would have been a perfect 515ish yard shot scenario. Next time....

Nice shooting !

Hopefully the deer show up again soon !

They better to eat. laugh
Nice shooting !

Hopefully the deer show up again soon !

They better to eat. laugh
HAHA, so I've heard crazy
I was going to have a busy weekend so I took off an hour early from work today to fill my doe tag before the season ends. Got set up in a gas line cutaway where deer are always crossing.

This doe stepped out at 375yds. I dialed 2.5moa and touched one off. Heard the whack and it looked like she was hit hard. She ran about 40 yards before piling up. I always stay off the shoulder when doe hunting because I don’t like all that ruined bloodshot meat. I hit her exactly where I wanted to in the ribs.

75 ELDM
Nice thread. 22 CM getting it done.
Posted By: SMACK Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/15/23
I had about the same results with a doe. 80.5gr Berger full bore @ 3333 fps (.22 Creedmoor 40 degree). 260 yards. Came straight up the back of the front leg. To the center of the body, dropped down about 3 or so inches and sent it. Hit right were I was aiming. She bolted forward 30 or so yards , nose down and crashed. I had never used this combo on deer. So I intentionally didn’t hold the high shoulder. I’m glad I didn’t high shoulder her. That bullet did some series internal damage. Souped the lungs, blood shot the heck out of the one side rib cage and never exited. I was shooting suppressed. The bullets impact was quite noticeably louder than the shot.
Nice stuff REDVANES.
I was shooting suppressed.

I really need to bite the bullet and get me a can!
Posted By: mpwolf Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 02/01/23
I've been trying to ignore scratching this itch for a really long time. It was always going to be a .22-250 AI flinging 75 amax, but now that the creedmore case is ubiquitous, and the 88 ELD is here, it's getting harder and harder not to scratch!
Originally Posted by mpwolf
I've been trying to ignore scratching this itch for a really long time. It was always going to be a .22-250 AI flinging 75 amax, but now that the creedmore case is ubiquitous, and the 88 ELD is here, it's getting harder and harder not to scratch!

You’re not kidding.

You’re not kidding.

I have 1 rifle here that its first rebarrel was with an 1-8"tw 22-250. When that barrel was done I put an 1-8"tw 22-250ai barrel on it. Now that one is about toast and it'll get a 22cm barrel next. The 22-250ai is great but the 22cm iis the easy button.
Posted By: mpwolf Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 02/04/23
Absolutely Brad. The only reason it was going to be a .22-250 AI is the creed hadn’t come along yet.

Do it, I dare ya wink
I've shot 4 more Yotes since I've last posted.

180yds, 125yds, 310yds & 320yds

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the little amount of pelt damage from the 75ELDM going 3500.
Maybe I've just been lucky but I haven't had any real nasty exits yet.

I do believe a supressor is in the near future though...

You haven't lived until you put a suppressor on that thing. It's a whole different animal.
Headed to Western Kansas

Good luck !
Have a safe and fun trip ! I'll be expecting a text at first blood drawn !
22CM strikes again. Western KS Goat.

Congrats!!
Well the deer hunting has been depressing. Finally got to sit at my favorite spot because the wind was finally right. Zero deer were spotted but I saw 6 coyotes throughout the morning. Checked the camera and nothing I would punch my tag on so that evening I put the bow down and picked up the 22CM and the e-caller.

Sat up in a big hill overlooking the whole property. For an hour and half I just waited patiently to see if something would mosey on by without turning on the call. Nothing, so 30 min before dark I started up a few howls then some baby cottontail.

I saw a head pop out from the cover and he made his way downwind. I stopped him at 75yds and bang flop. Hit the kiyi button and 5 minutes later I see another head pop out. 110 yards bang flop. Sweet!

Well the deer hunting has been depressing. Finally got to sit at my favorite spot because the wind was finally right. Zero deer were spotted but I saw 6 coyotes throughout the morning. Checked the camera and nothing I would punch my tag on so that evening I put the bow down and picked up the 22CM and the e-caller.

Sat up in a big hill overlooking the whole property. For an hour and half I just waited patiently to see if something would mosey on by without turning on the call. Nothing, so 30 min before dark I started up a few howls then some baby cottontail.

I saw a head pop out from the cover and he made his way downwind. I stopped him at 75yds and bang flop. Hit the kiyi button and 5 minutes later I see another head pop out. 110 yards bang flop. Sweet!

Great Photo!
The Ugly...

This was the coyote that I shot at 75yds. I think those velocities, that close, and hitting bone direct on was a recipe for an explosion. That was the closest yote I've shot with it so far so it'll be interesting if there's more like that at close ranges or if that was an anomaly. I knew I was getting a little lucky with the 22CM on fur and Murphys Law finally showed itself.

2 days ago I went out to the usual gas line cut away area. Set up and immediately had deer rolling through. It took all I had to wait for legal shooting hours. Finally the clock hit 7:09 and a small doe walked out. Ranged 455yds, Dialed 4.25MOA and sent it. Dropped on the spot.. awesome.

The next day my daughter wanted in on the fun so we set up but much closer to the usual crossing area. Shes always been a heck of a shot with what ever she has in her hands. I trusted her taking the 265 yard shot while locked into the BOGPOD. She made a great shot and had her 2nd ever deer down... one of the biggest does I've seen. Fun stuff!

75ELDM once again

anonymous photo sharing
How has the Zeiss V4 held up for you dialing?
Originally Posted by GuideGun
How has the Zeiss V4 held up for you dialing?

Perfectly!.. at least on elevation as I don't twist windage knobs. I have 2 of them and have probably sold close to 10 more to friends and family. It wont be my last one either
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/10/24
Good stuff!
Congrats to both of you !
Great pic !
Nice job to you and your daughter.

Are you getting any exits with the 75s on deer?

I've been shooting 88s exclusively in mine
Nice stuff! That sucker is making meat!
Nice job to you and your daughter.

Are you getting any exits with the 75s on deer?

I've been shooting 88s exclusively in mine

Sometimes I get exits sometimes I don't. It seems the further shots exit and the closer shots don't. I've got some 88s also but just haven't got around to loading them up yet. How are the 88s working out for you?

Nice stuff! That sucker is making meat!

The hams on that doe were as big as some bucks I've processed!
88s are working great for me, I see more exits at 200-300 yards than I did with the 75 amax in my old 22-250 AI.

I'm not sure that inside 400-450 yards the 75 isn't the better mousetrap, as far as drop and drift goes though.
Posted By: mpwolf Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/11/24
88s are working great for me, I see more exits at 200-300 yards than I did with the 75 amax in my old 22-250 AI.

I'm not sure that inside 400-450 yards the 75 isn't the better mousetrap, as far as drop and drift goes though.

What twist are you shooting the 88's in, and how fast are they going?
1 in 7.5" twist.

3050fps from a 20" barrel
This is my seventh Speedmire and likely THE Favorite,though I've not even shot it yet. Hint.

Need to sort through some new scopes,including a coupla NightFarce and kinda/sorta have a NXS 2.5-10x 42 MIL-R slated for it,assuming it tracks,repeats and holds zero. Should know in a day or two. Hint..............
That's the one I want too Stick.

I've got a 243 montana sitting doing nothing that will probably get that treatment sooner or later
I have a 243 Montucky,sourced for like reasons...then this Speedmire came across my bow. Hint.

The 243 Montucky "didn't shoot". Hint.

Pry the Reupold off and assemble correctly,then she did nice things out of the gate. Hint.

Have another 7" RPM 224 Blank at The Plumbers and an eighth one wouldn't suck. Hint................(grin)
Yeah my 243 didn't shoot either, haha. A little mag box work and getting the front mount screw off the barrel threads had it singing.

Only problem here though is getting the King of Cali to stamp my 22 creeds 6mm.

You make me jealous flashing that stock around like a trophy wife.
This is my seventh Speedmire and likely THE Favorite,though I've not even shot it yet. Hint.

Need to sort through some new scopes,including a coupla NightFarce and kinda/sorta have a NXS 2.5-10x 42 MIL-R slated for it,assuming it tracks,repeats and holds zero. Should know in a day or two. Hint..............

I think that would be a killer platform. I have a HH 1-7 barrel that needs a home sooner rather than later.
Big Stick , does your plumber do any work/blueprint etc. on the Kimber ? Or rebarrel and good to go?

Once you take a gander at 8-32 base screws they seem like the way things should be. < Stouter.

When my 22-250 R-700 that Mickey Coleman rebarreled passes-on - 7tw 22 creed is next.
over.
Montucky receivers as a rule,are exceedingly concentric,though if something is amiss,it gets corrected. Hint.

Ronnie did it Rightest,with (5) 8x40's and Wilson HILARIOUSLY fhuqked even that up,amongst all their other Goat Fhuqks to save a penny. Hint.

I've a 7" RPM 22-250 Mike Rock on a 700,that is a fhuqking hammer and prior to the Invention of the Kreed. Hint......................
Posted By: 300MAG Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/13/24

You using a Nightforce.....😱😱😱
10/4
I doubt I have barely over a dozen Montucky Custom Rifles. Hint.

Never heard of NightFarce. Hint.

Fishing has been too good to shoot. Hint..................
Posted By: horse1 Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/18/24

The rifle I shoot the most these days is a 1:8 Lilja 22-250 factory contour duplicate Montana topped w/2.5-10x42 NXS. There's a 243Win Montana I rescued from becoming some ham-handed goofball's next misery. It's very likely to end up with a 1:7 duplicate factory contour Lilja and chambered to 22 Creed and the same scope perched atop. 22" all the way around.
Posted By: 65BR Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/24/24
Over the years it seems like a Montana was spinning the roulette wheel.

But perhaps folks like the action better than the 700.

Anyone have any issues with the actions? Seems I recall possible light hammer strikes. Spring issue?
Originally Posted by 65BR
Over the years it seems like a Montana was spinning the roulette wheel.

But perhaps folks like the action better than the 700.

Anyone have any issues with the actions? Seems I recall possible light hammer strikes. Spring issue?

I have three of them and haven't ran across any issues. Great little rifles in my opinion, wished I'd gotten my first one sooner.
Shot 3 on Saturday. Ranges 125, 130 & the highlight of my day, 450 (trotting)... got lucky there.

I'm noticing a trend with the 75ELDM on coyotes 150 and in. If not hit frontal, square in the chest, the 75s leave a pretty generous hole. Anything past that is a fine pelt.

I'm really going to try 88s here soon and if I'm happy, that'll be my deer load for next year. 75s have been great but I want to test out the 88s.

As soon as my 17FB comes in I'll probably use that for the rest of coyote season... really trying to call in a cat for the next month.

Contemplating a 20GT build, 18" barrel for supressor & 55 Bergers (if Graff & Sons gets them in again) going 3600ish whistle

Posted By: JPro Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/25/24
Great pics! Love the shades..... cool
Posted By: 65BR Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/26/24
I dig it! The 22 Creedmoor is about the only itch I need to scratch in the future.

The Only...(or The Last).....famous last words of a few loonies smile

Next... smile

Nice rifles folks.

The Only...(or The Last).....famous last words of a few loonies smile

Next... smile

Nice rifles folks.

You’re pretty danged right grin
Posted By: 65BR Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 01/29/24
smile
Big ol Tom couldn't resist the Woodpecker. I'm on cloud 9 to say the least.

75grain ELDM, frontal chest shot at 200yds. Zero fur damage.. in fact, I didn't even see the entrance hole

Nice Bob !
Congrats, Ryan !
Posted By: SKane Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 02/27/24
Well done, amigo!
Posted By: SMACK Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 03/04/24
Frikn MONSTER! 👍
Posted By: 65BR Re: 22 ManBun hot off the press - 03/23/24
Beautiful huge wildcat taken with a little wildcat

Would make a nice full mount
Would make a nice full mount

I thought about it but if I did, I would want one of the best to mount it as I've seen too many bad cat mounts.
I just don't want to spend that kind of coin right now.

It's getting soft tanned with the claws on right now.
© 24hourcampfire