Home
Posted By: dale06 AG composites - 01/14/21
Anyone familiar with AG composites stocks.
Any comments on them?
Do they have a real long lead time?
Thanks
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 01/14/21
good stuff. 10 weeks.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
I’ve got a lefty on my 6.5prc.

I like it.

I’ve never had a mcmilllan to compare to.

Apples and oranges, i like it lot better than the hs precision’s i have.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
sandstorm privateer on the RimX....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
bronze chalkbranch

Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
Nice muley and rifles Huntsman.
Posted By: shootAI Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
My only complaint would be the inletting for bottom metal seems to be very generous and gives a sloppy impression. Sample of three. All inletting is on the overdone side of things. I went back to manners and McMillan after these three. Wait times were very nice though. Miss that.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

No sure of model.

Lefty 6.5prc.
Posted By: Shooter71 Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
They are nicely done but as a builder I have a few issues.
The inletting and pillar location/construction could be better.
The carbon shell doesn’t wrap over the sides into the inlet and barrel channel, but stops about 1/4” from the top. The rest is blended in with fill and paint. I’ve seen two start to delaminate right behind the tang.
Manners are good if they get their inletting correct and straight. Hard to beat a fiberglass McMillan, although the Proof stocks look really good, and have about 1/8” layer of carbon through the action inlet. They just need to offer sporter barrel channels.
Posted By: Daveh Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by Shooter71
the Proof stocks look really good, and have about 1/8” layer of carbon through the action inlet. They just need to offer sporter barrel channels.

Proof and Manners UL Classic need to be available in long actions.....
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by Daveh
the Proof stocks look really good, and have about 1/8” layer of carbon through the action inlet. They just need to offer sporter barrel channels.

I remember somebody saying that the UC was coming out in a long action. Wonder if it’s still in the works?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: AG composites - 01/15/21
I rather like AG. Hint...................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: AG composites - 01/25/21

No love for Bansner’s stocks?
Posted By: irfubar Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by Big Stick

The stock in the picture appears to be a Mesa Arms..... not AG composites
Posted By: liliysdad Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Big Stick

The stock in the picture appears to be a Mesa Arms..... not AG composites

AG Builds Mesa's stocks, just as they make many of the stocks sold under the Stocky's banner, and the stock for the new Springfield Armory Waypoint.
Posted By: DanInAlaska Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
My most recent build wears an AG Composites stock:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I dig the stock, and I would absolutely consider another build with one of their stocks. I like the CAT stock on the Fieldcraft.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: AG composites - 01/25/21

I am a pretty big fan, too.
Posted By: wagner Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
I have one and really like it. So much I ordered 2 more last week.
I think AG made the stocks for the Fieldcrafts?
Posted By: mistem Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by wagner

Don’t forget the Forbes rifles and the NULA’s. I’m a fan as well... currently have 4 of them... 3 CAT and 1 Privateer😁
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by mistem

Don’t forget the Forbes rifles and the NULA’s. I’m a fan as well... currently have 4 of them... 3 CAT and 1 Privateer😁

Founded in 2014?
Posted By: Aviator Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
I really like mine.
Posted By: gene270 Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
ag definately didnt make the stocks for NULA or 99.9 % of the forbes
from what i can tell a few ag stocks made it onto the final few forbes model 24 rifles that came out
Posted By: Tarquin Re: AG composites - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by gene270
ag definately didnt make the stocks for NULA or 99.9 % of the forbes
from what i can tell a few ag stocks made it onto the final few forbes model 24 rifles that came out

Mel Forbes (NULA) makes his own stock, but pretty sure Barrett contracted with AG to make the stock on his Fieldcrafts.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: AG composites - 01/26/21
AG did make the fieldcraft stocks; no question about that.
Posted By: wagner Re: AG composites - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by dale06
Anyone familiar with AG composites stocks.
Any comments on them?
Do they have a real long lead time?
Thanks

Yes 10 week lead time.

I was told they now have 40-50 employees and are now running 2 shifts. So I would say yes. People are definitely liking AG stocks!
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 01/27/21
AG Comp Sportsman took 7 weeks. Got it a few weeks ago. I really like it. Rem 700 SA for M5 DBM. I already knew quality from handling a few Fieldcrafts. Will try to post a few pics this evening.
Posted By: shootAI Re: AG composites - 01/27/21
Just got in two more privateers. Their lightest stock. Both came in 5oz over listed weight. Weighed 29oz. Inletting was better on these two.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 01/28/21
This one will soon be GAP camo...just haven't gotten out the sponges yet.

20" 223AI 1-8". Douglas SS std sporter contour spun on by IT&D and later tricked out by LRI.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: lone wolf Re: AG composites - 01/28/21
Looking good 257. I think I'm going to order a Privateer tomorrow and give them a try.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: AG composites - 01/28/21
Originally Posted by shootAI
Just got in two more privateers. Their lightest stock. Both came in 5oz over listed weight. Weighed 29oz. Inletting was better on these two.

5 oz's is noticeable, hate to hear that. Have been contemplating a CAT (26 oz) but if it was +5 oz it would end up being 31 oz.
Posted By: Sevens Re: AG composites - 01/28/21
Originally Posted by Daveh

The Proof stock is available in long action. Have one for a build. Weighs a hair under 20 oz. Proof said no caliber restriction on it; they have folks using it on 375s and such.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by 257heaven
This one will soon be GAP camo...just haven't gotten out the sponges yet.

20" 223AI 1-8". Douglas SS std sporter contour spun on by IT&D and later tricked out by LRI.

Please let us know how that Doublas shoots. Thx.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
One of my M700 280’s wears a Sportsman from AG. I like it.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
AG did make the fieldcraft stocks; no question about that.

Is the fieldcraft stock same as there Sportsman model?
Posted By: Chequamegon Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
Was also about to order a Privateer, any other owners notice weight is more than advertised? Will be needing a Rem mountain contour so that won’t help with weight loss. Would a McMillian Edge be a better bet for lighter weight?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
There are always lighter options if a guy wants to spend more, and wait longer....
Posted By: DanInAlaska Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by lone wolf

The Fieldcraft has a cheekpiece. I'm pretty sure the Fieldcraft stock is the Carbon All Terrain (CAT) model.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: AG composites - 01/29/21
Thanks Dan
Posted By: shootAI Re: AG composites - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

5 oz's is noticeable, hate to hear that. Have been contemplating a CAT (26 oz) but if it was +5 oz it would end up being 31 oz.

Yes I was a little disappointed. I wish I would of weighed the two alpine models but didn’t. Has anyone else weighed their AG ? Since it’s only a sample of two I would love to hear more feedback from other people.
Posted By: timl Re: AG composites - 01/30/21
CAT and Alpine Hunter, both in Carbon Camo, came in a little under listed weight.
Originally Posted by Chequamegon
Was also about to order a Privateer, any other owners notice weight is more than advertised? Will be needing a Rem mountain contour so that won’t help with weight loss. Would a McMillian Edge be a better bet for lighter weight?

Manner and McMillan have come out lighter for me than AG. About $100 more dollars and much longer weight times is the downside
Originally Posted by timl
CAT and Alpine Hunter, both in Carbon Camo, came in a little under listed weight.

Awesome. Great news. Hope more people chime in. My sample was small so the more the better.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: AG composites - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Yes I was a little disappointed. I wish I would of weighed the two alpine models but didn’t. Has anyone else weighed their AG ? Since it’s only a sample of two I would love to hear more feedback from other people.

I have two Alpines, one has QD sockets and weighs
32oz with the forward pic rail.

The other has the tripod ready aluminum block in the forearm, but no we cups and weights 33oz with the forward pic rail.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Originally Posted by lone wolf

The Fieldcraft has a cheekpiece. I'm pretty sure the Fieldcraft stock is the Carbon All Terrain (CAT) model.

I agree. The Sportsman I have is wider and more squared off bottom of forend. The Fieldcraft stock is much slimmer and rounded off on bottom.

ETA: Looks like the CAT has the same forend width as the Sportsman. 1.75". The Privateer has a slimmer forend at 1.51", but no cheekpiece like the Fieldcraft.

Posted By: DropTyne Re: AG composites - 02/01/21
Great info, 257.
Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 02/01/21
Thanks for comments.
Ordered one this morning.
Supposedly 10 week delivery.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 02/01/21
I've got an adjustable Hunter coming in this evening. Will try to post pics.
Posted By: wagner Re: AG composites - 02/02/21

I spoke to AG’s customer service about a few stocks being over advertised weight, they want everyone to know if you have any issues to please contact them!

My first privateer I had a minor hiccup. It wasn’t AG’s fault but they sent me a shipping label, took care of the issue and sent it right back. Customer service sells products, I ordered two more.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: AG composites - 02/02/21
Ordered my first last week, excited to get it. Alpine Hunter for Bergara build that got a little out of control.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 02/02/21
I think AG has a problem with milling the rear of the bottom inlet, at least for M4 DBM. Both I have received so far have a step up about 3/4” from the rear of the inlet. Like they didn’t run the end mill all the way to the end of the inlet.

Anybody else see that? And did you go ahead and Dremel it down so it’s all even? Or leave the step up?

The first one, I Dremeled it down, and there’s still a little play With the mag between the release lever and the feed rails. I think it can go a little deeper.

I checked the AG against a Manners I have for M4, and sure enough, there was more space on the AG, i.e.: the rear pillar was longer on the AG.
I think AG has a problem with milling the rear of the bottom inlet, at least for M4 DBM. Both I have received so far have a step up about 3/4” from the rear of the inlet. Like they didn’t run the end mill all the way to the end of the inlet.

Anybody else see that? And did you go ahead and Dremel it down so it’s all even? Or leave the step up?

The first one, I Dremeled it down, and there’s still a little play With the mag between the release lever and the feed rails. I think it can go a little deeper.

I checked the AG against a Manners I have for M4, and sure enough, there was more space on the AG, i.e.: the rear pillar was longer on the AG.

I did notice a slight step up, I just left it.

In regards to the mag release. I have a ptg flush mount m5 and a Hawkins flush mount m5. The mag release on the Hawkins is slightly longer or “deeper in the mag well” than the ptg.
So the ptg may rattle a touch and the Hawkins is tight.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 02/02/21

I did notice a slight step up, I just left it.

In regards to the mag catch. I have a ptg flush mount m5 and a Hawkins flush mount m5. The mag catch on the Hawkins is slightly longer or “deeper in the mag well” than the ptg.
So the ptg may rattle a touch and the Hawkins is tight.

Thanks for the info. I just thought it was weird that the step up involved the pillar, with part of the pillar shorter than the rest. I'll see how they feed and adjust accordingly.
Adjustable mag catches such as the Zermatt Rim x, saves a lot of heartache!
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: AG composites - 02/03/21
CAT is identical to the fieldcraft stock.

They seem plenty stiff if a bit chunky.

Gayer then aids wildcat won’t ship to the states anymore.

A bit diy but 20oz for 330$ and some epoxy/paint and a 50 cent flip flop didn’t suck.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: AG composites - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
CAT is identical to the fieldcraft stock.

They seem plenty stiff if a bit chunky.

Gayer then aids wildcat won’t ship to the states anymore.

A bit diy but 20oz for 330$ and some epoxy/paint and a 50 cent flip flop didn’t suck.

I thought the fieldcraft stock was proprietary but the CAT was close - I don’t have a CAT to compare but it sounds like you did?

Agree on wildcat shipping. 👎
Yeah I had both. Couldn’t tell the difference.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: AG composites - 02/03/21
Had an Alpine Hunter. Sold it. In comparing it to a side-by-side with McM Game Hunter and the Mesa Attitude, the 'squarish' bottom of the forend is what turned me off.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 02/03/21
the chalkbranch has a bevel-bottom foreend....
Posted By: liliysdad Re: AG composites - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Had an Alpine Hunter. Sold it. In comparing it to a side-by-side with McM Game Hunter and the Mesa Attitude, the 'squarish' bottom of the forend is what turned me off.

Just goes to show, everyone is different. The forearm profile is one of my favorite things about the Alpine. I find the Game Hunter is too rounded, making it harder to mount picatinny and Arca rails to..and it just doesn't ride a bag or pack as well.
is the only difference between the sportsman and CAT the shadow cheek piece?
Posted By: G8ters Re: AG composites - 02/07/21
New chalk branch on weatherby markv 300wm

5weeks wait.

Attached picture 16F92EB5-18F9-4647-B7B6-66D8BDFE66FD.jpeg
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: AG composites - 02/13/21
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Just goes to show, everyone is different. The forearm profile is one of my favorite things about the Alpine. I find the Game Hunter is too rounded, making it harder to mount picatinny and Arca rails to..and it just doesn't ride a bag or pack as well.

This ^^^^^
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: AG composites - 02/14/21
Originally Posted by G8ters

5weeks wait.

Only took yours 5 weeks? What lead time did they tell you? I’m 2.5 weeks in on what they told me would be 10 weeks.
Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 02/14/21
I ordered an Alpine Hunter couple weeks ago and was told 10 weeks.
Posted By: G8ters Re: AG composites - 02/15/21
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

5weeks wait.

Only took yours 5 weeks? What lead time did they tell you? I’m 2.5 weeks in on what they told me would be 10 weeks.

I ordered 12/30/20. Received 2/4. They had to inlet the chalk branch to weatherby markv action. When I ordered they were looking to see if there was one already inletted. They called me back and said they would need to I let so it may take 6 weeks. It was a great ordering process. Very nice people.

It should be fast for you since you’re almost down the road.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: AG composites - 02/16/21

5weeks wait.

I ordered 12/30/20. Received 2/4. They had to inlet the chalk branch to weatherby markv action. When I ordered they were looking to see if there was one already inletted. They called me back and said they would need to I let so it may take 6 weeks. It was a great ordering process. Very nice people.

It should be fast for you since you’re almost down the road.

Good to know! Karl Kampfeld will have my barreled action a couple more weeks so I’m in no rush, thanks!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 02/20/21
privateer showed up at week 9. now for the trigger, action and barrel.....

Posted By: MerrillMtn Re: AG composites - 03/09/21
Hello,
A customer told me about seeing this post and the overweight Privateer. That stock definitely is overweight, we made a mistake somewhere for sure. We are more than happy to replace that under warranty. Also, I saw you had a few other issues with bottom metal fitment and delamination. Can we contact you to talk about fixing these issues? Let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks

Matt
Posted By: gene270 Re: AG composites - 03/09/21
well know that is stepping up ....if this is your typical customer service you guys will do great in a market with some other ho hum manufacturers
Hello,

The shelf near the rear pillar is machined intentionally. Our M5 inlet is designed to accommodate several different M5 bottom metal types from multiple manufacturers. If that shelf is not present some of these bottom metal types will rock in the inlet thereby not seating properly. The inlet is machined to establish the correct heights for the front and rear pillars. AGC does not recommend altering the heights of either pillar as it may cause issues with locking a magazine into the bottom metal.
We try to respond quickly and get every stock made as ordered. I would like for us to be operating at 100% all the time but we do make mistakes. If we do mess up we want to make it right as fast as we can.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: AG composites - 03/09/21
Originally Posted by MerrillMtn
Hello,
A customer told me about seeing this post and the overweight Privateer. That stock definitely is overweight, we made a mistake somewhere for sure. We are more than happy to replace that under warranty. Also, I saw you had a few other issues with bottom metal fitment and delamination. Can we contact you to talk about fixing these issues? Let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks

Matt

Nice.

A manufacturer hears about a problem second hand, then searches for the person who had that problem, and makes an offer to fix it.........that's hard to beat that for customer service.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: AG composites - 03/10/21
We try to respond quickly and get every stock made as ordered. I would like for us to be operating at 100% all the time but we do make mistakes. If we do mess up we want to make it right as fast as we can.

You can't ask for more than that.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: AG composites - 03/10/21

👍
That’s a great approach and attitude. Kudos.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: AG composites - 03/10/21
Yep!!
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 03/10/21
Hello,

The shelf near the rear pillar is machined intentionally. Our M5 inlet is designed to accommodate several different M5 bottom metal types from multiple manufacturers. If that shelf is not present some of these bottom metal types will rock in the inlet thereby not seating properly. The inlet is machined to establish the correct heights for the front and rear pillars. AGC does not recommend altering the heights of either pillar as it may cause issues with locking a magazine into the bottom metal.

Thank you for that response. The last of three stocks I received had the bottom metal inlet wrong (drop floorplate instead of M5 DBM). Mistakes happen and I wasn't in a hurry. I had a return tag within minutes of speaking to Pam. Someone called me when AG received it to verify what inlet I needed, and the stock was fixed with the correct inlet and back to me in about 2 weeks. So kudos to you guys. Very much appreciated.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: AG composites - 03/10/21
I know where my next stock will be coming from and it doesn't start with an M
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: AG composites - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

The AG stock I’ve got came from Alamo Precision. If it’s good enough for their builds, then I’m good to go.
Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 03/11/21
I have a number of “M” stocks, but their wait time and total cost pushed me to other vendors. I’ve bought three non M stocks of recent.
The M stocks are great, but they’ve pushed some customers away.
Posted By: ldg397 Re: AG composites - 03/12/21
Will they do model 70 or tikka action inlets? I don’t see this option on their page? If they won’t do these won’t get any of my business. Stocks look great!
Posted By: Chequamegon Re: AG composites - 03/12/21
Just received my order confirmation today. Hopefully in 10 weeks or less I'll have a Privateer in hand, very much looking forward to it.
Posted By: wagner Re: AG composites - 03/12/21
Originally Posted by ldg397
Will they do model 70 or tikka action inlets? I don’t see this option on their page? If they won’t do these won’t get any of my business. Stocks look great!

T3/T3x are available and a few weatherby inlet options as well. That’s all I know of.
Posted By: ldg397 Re: AG composites - 03/12/21

T3/T3x are available and a few weatherby inlet options as well. That’s all I know of.

Ok that is goo to know I might give them a try on my tikka.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: AG composites - 03/13/21

Ok that is goo to know I might give them a try on my tikka.

You have to order through a couple of there dealers for tikkas, call.Pam she will give you there names.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 03/13/21
wasn't exactly thrilled with the paint job on the latest Privateer. They must have had some new hire working paint that day...... So I redone it this morning.

Might just work over the other one, too....
Posted By: timl Re: AG composites - 03/13/21
Got a CAT today; seven weeks.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 03/13/21
Reworked the privateer on the RimX, too. I call it my 'Sandstorm A.I.' (ACK-tual-LEY IMPROVED) paint job.....

Now they gonna be to matching.......

AG should pay me the big bucks, and make me famous, for my innovative idears....

Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 03/14/21
Very nice job on that stock! They’re twins.
Posted By: Daveh Re: AG composites - 03/15/21
Nice paint Huntsman22......
Posted By: lone wolf Re: AG composites - 03/15/21
Nice work huntsman!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: AG composites - 03/15/21
Wish they would inlet the all Terrain for pre and post 64 Model 70s. and maybe a 98 Mauser.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: AG composites - 03/17/21
Those look great Hunts,

Thinking about ordering a privateer for my 223AI.

Did yours come in close to the listed weight?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: AG composites - 03/17/21
dunno. don't have a scale. but they feel purty light.....
I think I'm gonna order one.
It's a shame they won't inlet for custom contours like McMillan, I think I'm gonna get a rem sporter inlet. Should give a pretty good float to a lilja #1
Posted By: MerrillMtn Re: AG composites - 03/17/21
Hello huntsman22,
This is Matt with AG. Very nice paint job! We do have new hires in the paint department. Each stock is hand painted and when we get new hire that has some painting skills it takes a while to get then where we want it to be. Even then, each person in their minds "interprets / sees" the example stock differently resulting in variations from one pattern to the next. Anyway. great looking build!
Posted By: MerrillMtn Re: AG composites - 03/17/21
Hello,
We do have dozens of barrel contours but as you mentioned we don't have all the barrel options that are available on the market. We try to add more on a regular basis based on if we start to receive multiple requests. 99% of the time, the options we do have will be a good match to what the customer is requesting. Thanks!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: AG composites - 03/17/21
Hello,
We do have dozens of barrel contours but as you mentioned we don't have all the barrel options that are available on the market. We try to add more on a regular basis based on if we start to receive multiple requests. 99% of the time, the options we do have will be a good match to what the customer is requesting. Thanks!

whats the chances of amodel 70 stock witha factory FWt contour is say the privateer model?
Hello,

I appreciate the response, would it be best to call and see what option would work best for my needs? It's nice to see a company take so much interest in making sure that their customers are happy!
Posted By: MerrillMtn Re: AG composites - 03/29/21
Hello,
At this time we do not have a Model 70 options. Rem 700 and rem clones are keeping us swamped.
Posted By: MerrillMtn Re: AG composites - 03/29/21
Yes. Give us a call at 1-833-AGSTOCK to discuss options. On our website, you can click on the Technical Specs tab and then choose barrel channels. We do have some of our CAD drawings on there showing the different barrel channels we have there specs.
Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 03/30/21
Yes. Give us a call at 1-833-AGSTOCK to discuss options. On our website, you can click on the Technical Specs tab and then choose barrel channels. We do have some of our CAD drawings on there showing the different barrel channels we have there specs.

Great to see a company rep on 24HRCF. I have an alpine hunter ordered, due mid April. Really looking forward to it.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: AG composites - 03/31/21
I have a Privateer on order for a new build
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: AG composites - 04/12/21
My Alpine Hunter came in today and I am in love with it. Absolutely perfect fit on everything. 29.9 oz with two flush cup sling QD points and 2 Spartan flush cups. Really liking my ridiculous Bergara build ha. Shipped the day after we hit the 10 week mark, right on time that was quoted.

Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 04/13/21
I received my Alpine hunter, a few days before the promised delivery date. It looks terrific. It will get the barreled action installed shortly.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: AG composites - 04/13/21
My Alpine Hunter came in today and I am in love with it. Absolutely perfect fit on everything. 29.9 oz with two flush cup sling QD points and 2 Spartan flush cups. Really liking my ridiculous Bergara build ha. Shipped the day after we hit the 10 week mark, right on time that was quoted.

Nice!!
Posted By: Heeler Re: AG composites - 04/19/21
I really need to quit looking at this thread. Starting to jones for an Alpine Hunter.
Posted By: REDVANES Re: AG composites - 04/20/21

Absolutely beautiful!
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: AG composites - 04/21/21
My only experience with AG Composites is the stock on my Barrett Fieldcraft which I really like.
Posted By: dale06 Re: AG composites - 05/08/21
Got my alpine hunter two weeks ago. Really like it.
Posted By: Heeler Re: AG composites - 05/17/21
How does the Alpine Hunter compare to a Manner's EH1?
Posted By: Model70Fan Re: AG composites - 12/30/21
Tag
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: AG composites - 12/30/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

The AG stock I’ve got came from Alamo Precision. If it’s good enough for their builds, then I’m good to go.

APR has built 1-3 rifles a year for me over the past few years and most of them utilized the AG stock. I’m definitely a huge fan of the quality and the customer service provided by these 2 fine companies.
© 24hourcampfire