Home
Posted By: tbear99 what lh action to build from - 01/18/21
ok i'm about ready for my next build and unfortunately i'm left eye dominant so want to build left hand the only right hand option i would consider is parker hale safari deluxe or pre 64 win 70 so here is my question i want to build 2 rifles not sure which one first.I love the mrc1999 but no longer made and heavy for my first thought but would be fine for later.My desire is to build left hand 257 bob and secondly 358 norma

the question is what to build from?

i built a beautiful 7mm stw with help from fire neither of these are needed just desired so caliber choice is already made i already can hunt anything anywhere with what i already have

I'd go Bighorn.....
LH Zastava
I would very quickly buy one of the magnum boltface Rem 700s that is still available on gunbroker. Maybe a year ago you could get a short action stainless for under $400, but those are long gone. But a long action magnum bolt face is still advertised for just under $450. That could be the basis for your .358. The Bob will be trickier because it is a bit a a tweener in terms of length.
I believe defiance has most of their actions available in left hand ... I’d definitely give them a hard look.
Defiance anti in the xm length for the 257. Should be a perfect fit if you care about such things
Pm coming
Call LRI and see if they have any LH 700 actions left
They don't.
thanks for replys and definetly going to look into defiance
© 24hourcampfire