Home
Posted By: Coyotejunki McMillan stock question - 01/21/21
I have a synthetic stock on my Sako A1, but I don't know the manufacturer. I am hoping it is a McM. How can I tell? I looks like it has been painted blk, looks like some green and reddish colors are trying to come out, It has a pachmayr recoil pad
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I bought the rifle used and the owner wasn't sure/didn't know
Posted By: TheKid Re: McMillan stock question - 01/21/21
Checkering pattern looks like it may be a Rimrock. Sure way to tell that would be the profile of the forend tip, they were very rounded. Just a guess.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by TheKid
Checkering pattern looks like it may be a Rimrock. Sure way to tell that would be the profile of the forend tip, they were very rounded. Just a guess.

I'm no expert, but that's kinda what I was thinking. Rimrock was a nice product.
Posted By: gene270 Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
its not a rimrock
Posted By: TheKid Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by gene270
its not a rimrock

What obvious tell let’s us know that it isn’t a Rimrock? Genuinely curious
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
The latter Rimrocks by Jim Borden were absolute junk. He continued to build and market them after his mold wore out. And would not honor his pos product warranty.
The checkering, grip cap, and nose of the comb is different on that stock from any Rimrock I have seen - but I will be the first to admit I have never seen one (rimrock) inlet for a sako.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
Looks like a McMillan.....
Posted By: bigJ Re: McMillan stock question - 01/22/21
The grip cap, and checkering pattern looks like it was molded off a factory ruger.
© 24hourcampfire