Home
Posted By: DBoston Shout out to K&P Barrels & LRI - 03/01/21
I cant believe it I got a 257 cal. 7 twist #2 Barrel OTW and it was barely a three week turn around. I was expecting months as Bartlein is out almost 8 months, Hawk Hill won't take any new orders, Pac Nor is still catching up and most will not make a fast twist stainless in a lighter contour.

I was so pleased I ordered another 1-7 twist 270 barrel so I can play with the Hammers and Berger EOL..

LRI doesn't show any 270 caliber barrels so I called and Ken (I believe) the owner picked up the phone on the second ring and the barrel order is in the cue. They are running 3-4 weeks currently but that is still pretty good compared to the others.

K&P barrels have an excellent reputation and you see a fair number of them in the winners circle in some areas that is disproportionate to the overall number of barrels they produce. So dang looks like I will be putting two more together even though I have sworn off any new builds a couple of times recently.
That’s great to hear.
They do cut rifle correct?
I wonder if they would do a light contour 9.3 ... may have to give them a call.
Thank you for posting this.
LRI buys a ton from them. Ken recommended that if it was one of their standard contours to just go through LRI for a quicker delivery time. I know through LRI, delivery is quick and they can get it quicker if needed.

From my understanding, K&P is happy to do other contours but they lack the equipment to have a bunch of contours just programmed in.
I have a K&P on my 7TCU. Never heard of them before but got a great deal on the blank so I rolled the dice. It’s a great barrel, shoots great, cleans easily, and was great to machine. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
That’s great to hear.
They do cut rifle correct?
I wonder if they would do a light contour 9.3 ... may have to give them a call.
Thank you for posting this.

They are cut rifled and double lapped. The site doesn't list calibers but I would be surprised if they can't do it since they go up to 50BM barrels. Give them a call as LRI doesn't show a 9.3 either. https://www.kandpgunco.com/rifle-barrels/4959350
A friend of mine has two; one on a 300 Win Mag and one on a 30-06. Both of those rifles shoot astoundingly well.
GreggH
Interesting... never heard of them but nice to have options.
I have a few K&P tubes, indistinguishable in terms of accuracy compared to others in my stable.

Ken and the crew are great people, buy and shoot with confidence!
© 24hourcampfire