Home
Posted By: richj NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/01/21
Does an NECG Peep for a weaver mount fit on the rear of a mauser 98.

I'm guessing it's too long to clear the bolt handle??

N-106

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/uploads/myphotos/Weaver%20Peep%20Lrg.jpg
Posted By: Remington40x Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/01/21
Call them and ask. They'll be able to tell you.
Posted By: okie john Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/02/21
I had one. It worked just fine. What part do you think won't clear?

Okie John
Posted By: tmitch Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/02/21
I have the same one, it fits over the Weaver base and doesn't extend rearward. If your base doesn't interfere, neither will the sight.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/02/21
Mornin, I have one and when you look through it part of the main body kinda blocks the sides. So the peep hole has two vertical lines on each side, if that makes sense. What about skinner peeps? Never looked through one but they have lots of different ones. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Posted By: richj Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/02/21
The sight is .8" long. The rear bridge on the mauser is kinda short and the weaver base is short.

does the sight overhange the rear bridge
Mitch

thanks
Posted By: tmitch Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/02/21
If I had a '98 with a Weaver base I'd try it for you, but I don't. Measuring mine, it's .375" from the locator pins (that go in the base slot) to the back.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yea. looks like the peep itself will be in the way of the bolt handle.

EDIT.. Or maybe not.

Posted By: tmitch Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/03/21
The screw in aperture insert itself could be shortened and, depending on the height of your front sight and rear base, can be higher also. The sight come with an additional taller elevation slide if needed.
Posted By: rj308 Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/04/21
X/S is by far the best hunting ghost ring/aperture sight available. It does not block the view and looks good too. They come with a screw for attachment, but I install a thumb nut on all of mine for convenience. elevation and windage adjustments are independent and precise. These (X/S Low Weaver Back-up) sights will fit any Weaver or Pic scope base. RJ

Posted By: richj Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 04/04/21
If all the X/S sights are that long, that one is NG for a rear mauser mount.

I did some measurement . The peep on the NECG will be higher than the flat on bolt handle. thanks everyone. I'll be ordering the NECG
Posted By: antietamgw Re: NECG Weaver peep fit? - 05/10/21
When it arrives and you mount it, would you post a couple pics? Been wondering about these on Mauser and a couple others.
© 24hourcampfire