Home
I have ordered sizer and chamber reamers with removable pilots from Mason
I have ordered Lapua brass.
I have ordered a Timney trigger.

I think I have an action, scope, barrel, stock, bolt, scope base, recoil pad,

It is going to be a 6.5x54r Vostok
Yep. See my post about a straight wall m700.

Should be together in a few weeks. Waiting on my action to come back from Twisted Barrel.

Once it's back, bed it, clean the stock back up, paint, off to the range.

Bottom metal is Inlet. Stock is ready for a final sanding and primer shot.
Yup 6.8 Western ...reamer,go gauge, Terminus Apollo Ti action,Hells Canyon Carbon wrapped 7.5 twist barrel, Privateer stock,bottom metal and Tanget Theta scope all procured or ordered
Yup, going to build another .270 Ingwe.
Getting started on a 20 inch 30 Nosler. Got a McMillan, Hawkins bottom metal, Wyatt’s box, triggertech and a rock creek barrel on the way.
No build. Just a 6.5x55 barrel for my Savage 116.
Still thinking.

Its either going to be a 20-222 or a straight up 222.

Can't decide Remington action or a custom.

Probably 22-23", little heavier than factory sporter contour, threaded.

SS fluted.

Up in the air on stock and maker.

May call it "Feather Duster"

Started & finished - now to actually draw some tags and hunt wink
Got the scope, rings, lens covers, stock, bottom metal and ammo. Got bored waiting on the action to be available, so I repainted the stock. C'mon zermatt, get off yer ass and get the 17WSM released.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Whatever your paint technique is, good job! Looks perfect.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Got the scope, rings, lens covers, stock, bottom metal and ammo. Got bored waiting on the action to be available, so I repainted the stock. C'mon zermatt, get off yer ass and get the 17WSM released.....

See thru rings?
is there another kind?....
Negative. I can see through all of mine.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
is there another kind?....

Funny right there.
Waiting on a half round half octagon barrel from McGowen. Build will be on a modified Ruger #1 action. I choose a classic deer caliber not the most popular but it will be a 300 Savage.
Waiting on a McMillan stock so APR can finish my 6.5 PRC.......hopefully by the time it is done there will be some ammo available.....
In the process now, can't wait to receive it! Thor's Hammer .300 PRC Defiant anTi X action, McMillan Stock, Bartlein Barrel threaded at 20", Hawkins Precision DBM. Built by Shaen!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
These two are up next!

Not a custom build but personalizing my new to me Fieldcraft 308. I just sent the stock off to be dipped and rubberized coated in Kryptek Altitude. The matte clear rubberized coating is great for our wet weather.
What builds are planned for those two beauties?
Originally Posted by Takman
What builds are planned for those two beauties?

Haven't decided yet.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
In the process now, can't wait to receive it! Thor's Hammer .300 PRC Defiant anTi X action, McMillan Stock, Bartlein Barrel threaded at 20", Hawkins Precision DBM. Built by Shaen!

Hey I recognize that yellow pad Shaen uses laugh

Looks great MCH, another really nice build he did for you. Shaen is really putting together some nice stuff, hoping to get back in line with him for #3 soon.
IF anyone needs any parts, shoot me a PM (other than actions) - not messing with the FFL crap. I just set up a dealer account and need to get $25k in sales this year, so I'll make you a deal. Have access to lots of .30 cal, 7mm, and 6.5 120 scenars too.
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Hey I recognize that yellow pad Shaen uses laugh

Looks great MCH, another really nice build he did for you. Shaen is really putting together some nice stuff, hoping to get back in line with him for #3 soon.

Yeah Shaen is great people and does great work. I believe it is off to Birdsongs now for Black T. I have three and four in parts now for him and a Vudoo build. Time to build up the ole bank account! frown LOL
MCH,
You will really like that Birdsong - Shaen had them do the one he just finished for me, looks great and the action still runs nice and smooth.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Mine is all packed up and ready to send to Shaen. Specs are as follows;
Defiance An Ti
Bartlein 2B at 22” 7 SAUM
Manners UC
BDL bottom metal
Timney Hunter trigger
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
MCH,
You will really like that Birdsong - Shaen had them do the one he just finished for me, looks great and the action still runs nice and smooth.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

All my guns get Birdsong's! Can't wait to get the Vudoo to them. Vudoo wouldn't sell me the barreled action raw unfinished. So it will get striped and Black T'ed.
What is this Birdsong treatment?
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
IF anyone needs any parts, shoot me a PM (other than actions) - not messing with the FFL crap. I just set up a dealer account and need to get $25k in sales this year, so I'll make you a deal. Have access to lots of .30 cal, 7mm, and 6.5 120 scenars too.

Sent you a pm.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
What is this Birdsong treatment?

https://black-t.com
Thank you sir. I assume it is similar to the micro slick treatment I have seen used on rifle bolts?
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Thank you sir. I assume it is similar to the micro slick treatment I have seen used on rifle bolts?

Don't know the answer to that. But I have yet to find a better finish out there!
I have found a barreled action for an M95 straight pull that was sporterized at some point. I am going to try to get some stuff to make a stock but have been looking for a claw mount and info on how to mount one on this type of rifle. Other than that I have just been playing with checkering tools.
© 24hourcampfire