Home
Posted By: Craig2506 Pac nor - 04/13/21
Any updates from those of you that have used them since the fire? I searched and found some comments of guys planning on using them but didn’t find any comments about the results. Thanks

Craig
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Pac nor - 04/13/21
Their website is updated
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Pac nor - 04/14/21
I have 2 up there, awaiting their return. Probably next month, when we will be gone most of the month. At least I get to work up in the heat.
Posted By: mart Re: Pac nor - 04/16/21
I have one there right now. Should be done soon per their update this week.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Pac nor - 04/16/21
Y'all gonna dish the deets or leave us hanging?????

Cruel, cruel, cruel! laugh

Mike
Posted By: mart Re: Pac nor - 04/17/21
Mine is a left handed mini Mauser. Getting a 24 inch number one profile barrel, chambered in 25/222 Copperhead. They’re also cerakoting it for me.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Pac nor - 04/17/21
that sounds like a sweet rifle!
Posted By: mart Re: Pac nor - 04/17/21
I hope so. I actually had one already to ship from them in the fall of 2019. It and a 222, also on a lefty mini Mauser. They had a couple days left to finish the 222 and the 25/222 was ready to ship. I told them to hold off and ship them both together. Next day they had the fire. Both barreled actions were lost to it. They made me whole for the loss.

I have a lefty mini in 6mmx222 and one in 17 Remington, both from PacNor. I have another to rebarrel to 222 but taking retirement a few years early to care for my wife has slowed down my gun projects some. Still doing them but have to space them out a bit more as funds permit.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Pac nor - 04/17/21
I've only had one dealing with them and very satisfied they barreled my .35 Whelen/VZ-24 and I'm very satisfied. I have a .22-250 Interarms that I'm debating on sending off to them..

Currently ave too many unfinished projects though so trying to work through those first.

Mike
Posted By: Judman Re: Pac nor - 04/18/21
Never understood making (2) grades of barrels... seems waaaay easier to just make 1.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Pac nor - 04/18/21
I agree. And to save what, $25? I can't see spending Krieger, or Brux money on a pacnor regardless though...
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Pac nor - 04/25/21
Originally Posted by Judman
Never understood making (2) grades of barrels... seems waaaay easier to just make 1.

I wonder if their QC process determines some are not as good and they cull them to the lower grade?

Otherwise agree makes no sense.

Mike
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Pac nor - 04/26/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I can't see spending Krieger, or Brux money on a pacnor regardless though...

Have to agree
© 24hourcampfire