Home
Posted By: Mauser06 22 CF chamber? - 04/22/21
So, my 22-250 is rebuilt to a 450 Bushmaster.

Basically using the action only and it's now a lightweight.

I have a stash of 50gr ballistic tips left.

I rebarreled with a McGowen Remage.

I'm thinking it'd be a fun idea to have a 22 CF barrel to spin on during the off-season. As a trainer of sorts. Paper and steel..

Obviously once my 50gr ballistic tips are gone, I'd goto heavier bullets. Or just sell the 50s and go to the heavies.

Be cheaper than shooting my 6s and 6.5s. Could train with my hunting gun while my bigger gun cools down or I just wanna shoot more.

Has to be a standard bolt face and SA.

Want something accurate and able to launch the heavies.

What do you pick?
Posted By: 805 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/22/21
Fast twist 22Creed!
Posted By: beretzs Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/22/21
Originally Posted by 805
Fast twist 22Creed!

That seems like the easy button to me.
Posted By: pacecars Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/22/21
.224 TTH
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/22/21
So....I looked at McGowens standard chamber list.

Kinda down to 22 BR or 22 Creed aside from the normal stuff of course.

Kinda liking the BR over the creed. Sounds like it's pretty accurate....fast enough...and barrel life sounds much better than the Creed.

Any 22BR thoughts??
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/23/21
220 Russian
Posted By: Dude270 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/23/21
I'd do a 22 creedmoor over the BR unless you are using AICS magazines or are ok with single loading. Making a BR case feed in a repeater can be an issue
Posted By: pullit Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/23/21
If you already have dies and brass from the 22-250, why not go back. That should be a cheap way out.
Posted By: dale06 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by pullit
If you already have dies and brass from the 22-250, why not go back. That should be a cheap way out.

Or 22-250 AI
But if it were me, I’d stay with the 22-250
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/24/21
I guess I've never looked at fast twisting a 22-250....used to it being a lightweight bullet round... need brass....and my dies are run of the mill Reddings. I'd probably upgrade anyways if I'm trying to squeeze every smidge of accuracy from it. So really not a concern there.

Not super concerned about feeding. It's a BDL bottom metal so I know that can be an issue with the short steep shoulder rounds.

Just a fun little gun to shoot.....bullets are a bit cheaper than 6 or 6.5s.... will go with the same barrel contour but 24 or 26" so it won't be a 6 pounder....
Posted By: jordan555 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/24/21
I’m in on the 22br. Very accurate for my switch barrel 6br. Fun to shoot guess I’m to old to chase the creeds and such. Shot piles of pdogs and gophers. I do have mine set up for single shot. Good luck
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/24/21
1:8 .22-250 would be my first thought.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/24/21
As I've gotten older, I find myself more intrigued with just grabbing a piece of brass and loading it, than I do with making brass to scratch some itch. I'd go straight 22-250 in 8 twist.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/25/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
As I've gotten older, I find myself more intrigued with just grabbing a piece of brass and loading it, than I do with making brass to scratch some itch. I'd go straight 22-250 in 8 twist.

This. If you want to get funky, AI it. then it becomes the ballistic twin of the 22 CM.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/28/21
22 creedmoor brass is just as available as 22 250 brass is today, grin.
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/28/21
Make mine a....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: pullit Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/29/21
I have had a 22-250AI, and a 22CM, I have a 22-250 1-8 twist now. Each to their own but I like the 22-250. When ammo was on the shelves in a pinch you could buy it if you did not have time to reload for it.
I had a 22BR as well and it was fun, but like was said before, got tired of making brass.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: 22 CF chamber? - 04/30/21
22BR is awesome. With the right no-turn reamer, running a 6BR brass into the die then trim to length should be all that is needed. It will run with most any 22CF.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/01/21
Originally Posted by Dude270
22 creedmoor brass is just as available as 22 250 brass is today, grin.

Yeap...Easy neck down from 6 CM or FF 22-250 brass in a pinch.

8 twist 22 Creedmoor for me and I’ve had my share of 22-250 AIs.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/02/21
.224" 50 NBT's suck. McGowen sucks too. Hint.

I've got High Zoot/High RPM Rifles in every chambering thus far cited and in a bunch that ain't been mentioned(yet). Hint.

My 22BR ain't my favorite,or close. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I've ZERO 22-250 love and would MUCH rather gun 223 or better yet 223AI. Why? Because I have them all. Hint.

For decades,the 22-250AI was a tough act to follow(and still is),but the advent of Skookum 224 Speedmire brass nipped that nicely. I've got/shot dozens of 22-250AI's as it is/are/was a mainstay. Obviously a rather nice chambering,given case length and capacity,in relation to a typical 2.815" COAL OEM 'box. Hint.

Alpha Kreed' brass transition to 22-250AI. Hint.

Today,it's tough to walk around or past a 224 Speedmire. That especially,given Alpha's support. I've only (3) rifles so chambered and all are hammers. None slower than 8" RPM,nor faster than 7" RPM. Impossible not to default to the 88 ELD for Utility and the 90 Beer Cans are simply sensational. Hint.

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/GCbqiN.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/PPQz0a.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/5QSKIE.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/921/7rq40N.jpg[/img]

Bitch Lambert tries to muse the 224 Rooskie,but is obviously fhuqking CLUELESS. Tough to beat a 22PPC Fhuqking Improved there,but the only thing she shoots is her mouth and fhuqking Imagination. Hint. LAUGHING!

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/922/PUXilg.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/I5hM93.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/nwdS2S.jpg[/img]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!...................
Posted By: greydog Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/02/21
I built an 8 twist 22-250 about a dozen years ago. Shoots well. 3375 fps with 80's. I use 4451 powder. Case capacity seems adequate and brass is common enough. Not too trendy though and that counts heavily for some! GD
1-7" Mike Rock(cut) 22-250 SALAMI bottom left. I'd MUCH rather shoot 223/223AI or 22PPC Fhuqking Improved than 22-250...mainly because I simply shoot it all. Hint....................

Posted By: David_Walter Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/02/21
Stick,

22 predator and 22 AR/Grendel same/same with 22 PPC?
The Predator/AR/ARC/LBC/Grendel are all Improved versions of the PPC and/or Russian. Lapooey Grendel brass is simply fhuqking SENSATIONAL,whether in a Bolt Gun or Krunchenticker and every Lot I've bought(many) has been amazing across the board. Hint.

I've another Bart' 7" RPM 224 spout at The Kali Kid's and an extry PPC S/A 700 bolt in hand,that he bushed for me. The 22 PPC Improved with 88's,is plum fhuqking amazing and I shoot more than a few chamberings in the bore size. Hint.....................(grin)
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
Dear stick,

I wish you'd reply before you hit the bottle..or bong. I honestly think you know your chit. Just hard to decipher. Hint.

Only reason for a Mcgowen is its a "switch barrel" set up for their remage setup. The rifle is actually a 450 Bushmaster. Just thought a 22cal something could be fun to have around outside of hunting season.

Not planning to run ballistic tips...just mentioned I have them. Incase I need them to fireform something or whatever. Plan to run heavies if I do get a 22 barrel.

Already have a 6.5 and 6 for my actual longer range rig. So thought a hunting weight 22cal would be fun to play with while I'm at the range.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
Poser,

Your Lady Feelings make ZERO fhuqks to me. Hint.

There's no way to "substantiate" McGowen's schit,nor Nuzzler BT's. Hint.

Thinking ain't your suit and you are welllllll outta your wheelhouse,but the Surging Estrogen Report is/was funnier than fhuqk,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
LarryO!!! Aka bacon throat!!! The 22 cm is 95% of the 250 ai, remember??? Haha

You stupid Cuunt...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Powder is H4350... hint.
At least you can "afford" to read about it and gawk the Splendid Pixels,as you add to your list of very WELL founded insecurities. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you lick windows. Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
A 22-250 buttphucks a 223AI... hint. The only thing Poseur Larry shoots is his camera at his safe queens. I mean the guy literally has to throw his rifles into a rock pile or stream so they look like they are actually used.
Posted By: Fotis Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
Originally Posted by 805
Fast twist 22Creed!

This
Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" with your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,the last time I counted,I only had 14 rifles chambered in 223AI. A few here and 1-7",8",9",10" 12" and 14"...from top to bottom. Hint.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Perhaps punctuate like I do and cheer up,the best fish of the day(thus far) is only 38". Pardon wares that exist,as you keep adding more and more very WELL founded Insecurities to your amazingly long list. Hint.

LAUGHING!................
14 rifles that never get shot. Congrats?

It took you 14 tries to get the twist and platform right.... You're a retard.
cumcatcher,

You are welcome to your Delusions,as you "justify" your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqktitude and add to your very WELL founded list of Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If it soothes your Couchbound Kchunt,I'm rather at ease in quantifying all as Safe Queens,if only to save your VERY Tender Feelers. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do "tell" me "more". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
Posted By: NYNY Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/03/21
No rifle w/o a skull and crossbones can hit a bull in the butt at 20 feet.

Almost 50 K posts and still the same toilet mouth.

Northern lights effect !

Northern Lights has a THC content that can range anywhere between 14-19% THC. Its average content of 16.5% THC puts it on par with the average indica strain (17.6% THC). While the average strain is mild, the ones on the higher end can still be potent for novice consumers, so caution is advised. No relevant amounts of CBD are found within this strain.

Northern Lights is as close to a pure indica (90-95%) as you can get on the market, so you can expect it to induce high levels of relaxation and sedation. This strain is well-renowned for relaxing both the mind and the body, leaving the consumer in a blissful and lazy state.

Initially, the high sets in as heavy yet pleasant physical relaxation. It doesn't take long before consumers will start to feel and sleepy and sedated, eventually resulting in couchlock. Although some consumers report an increase in motivation or focus, this strain is less cerebral than others. It is able to slow down any racing thoughts, helping the consumer to mellow out.

This strain induces a dreamy and euphoric headspace, with a tendency to increase happiness. The light psychoactive effects may provoke introspection and make your surroundings more vibrant, however these will soon fade as the sedation slowly starts to set in. Given these effects, this strain is mostly recommended for nighttime use, particularly right before bed.

One of the many reasons Northern Lights is such a popular strain is its numerous medical benefits. This strain has analgesic properties and is often utilised to manage all sorts of aches and pains throughout the body. This includes chronic pain, joint pain, cancer-related pain, muscle tension, headaches, migraines and even inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. It can also quell nausea and is a potent appetite stimulator, which is helpful in managing the side-effects of conditions such as cancer and anorexia.

When combined with the mind-numbing high, this strain's mood-lifting effects are helpful in combatting symptoms related to depression, anxiety and PTSD. Many consumers turn to this strain as a way to de-stress after a long day. The condition that Northern Lights is the most effecting in managing though is insomnia. Sedation, pain relief and anxiolytic effects are the perfect recipe for putting your mind and body at ease to enjoy a good night's sleep.
Larry is the biggest poseur on this site. It's like the short guy that puts lifts in his shoes. Oh wait, he probably does that too 😳
cumcatcher,

You reserve the right,to "convince" yourself of the things you most NEED to hear,to assuage your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a perpetual Hoot,that you are devoid the "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to connect a single fhuqking dot,as you ramp up your Hour Meter upon your Couchbound Kchunt? Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

If only to feed your Foot Fetish. Hint. LAUGHING!

Here's to how "real" your Pretend is to you.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/04/21
Only guy in Alaska that never really hunts Alaska.... how old is that pic? Lol.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/04/21
Oooopsie! My bad,perhaps pick another Safe Queen,as you set on your Couchbound Kchunt...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Reality upsetting your Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Do NOT "forget" the punctuation!

LAUGHING!............
That pic is 20 years old, you're running an SFP Leupold 🤣🙄
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by Big Stick
cumcatcher,

You reserve the right,to "convince" yourself of the things you most NEED to hear,to assuage your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a perpetual Hoot,that you are devoid the "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to connect a single fhuqking dot,as you ramp up your Hour Meter upon your Couchbound Kchunt? Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Hard chargin bacon throat, didn’t know kelpfed beach deer were a thing.?? You can tell by the clothing there, she really gets after it!! Haha 😂😂
"Beach"?!?

You Whining Clueless Kchunts are reaching. Hint. LAUGHING!?

I groove on you're squaring attire. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/04/21

Electric or gasser on the pot puller?
Nighger Head is electric. Hint............
LarryO, aka bacon throat, why would you build 10”, 12” and 14” 22’s on purpose?? Haha
Poseur Larry is always beating the fast twist drum, then builds a 9, 10, 12 and 14 twist 223. You can't make this schit up! Wow!

Hint...keep the 7 and 8, and toss the other ones overboard...
You gals keep CRYING for help. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my shooting it all,as you "get" to read about it and look at the pictures! Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
You don't shoot it all, that's the problem...
LarryO!!! Aka bacon throat, you’ve everyone beat in the bitching, whining, crying department... hint

Now, put your c pap machine back on and take a ni ni... 😂😂
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/05/21

Nighger Head is electric.

Kinda looks like an Electra-Dyne sheave on the deck.
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/05/21
Looks the whole shiit a roo is a lawn ornament, like the other (4)... 😂😂
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/13/21
Originally Posted by Judman
cumcatcher,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Hard chargin bacon throat, didn’t know kelpfed beach deer were a thing.?? You can tell by the clothing there, she really gets after it!! Haha 😂😂

I guess he does dress himself.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/13/21
Originally Posted by NYNY
No rifle w/o a skull and crossbones can hit a bull in the butt at 20 feet.

Almost 50 K posts and still the same toilet mouth.

Northern lights effect !

Northern Lights has a THC content that can range anywhere between 14-19% THC. Its average content of 16.5% THC puts it on par with the average indica strain (17.6% THC). While the average strain is mild, the ones on the higher end can still be potent for novice consumers, so caution is advised. No relevant amounts of CBD are found within this strain.

Northern Lights is as close to a pure indica (90-95%) as you can get on the market, so you can expect it to induce high levels of relaxation and sedation. This strain is well-renowned for relaxing both the mind and the body, leaving the consumer in a blissful and lazy state.

Initially, the high sets in as heavy yet pleasant physical relaxation. It doesn't take long before consumers will start to feel and sleepy and sedated, eventually resulting in couchlock. Although some consumers report an increase in motivation or focus, this strain is less cerebral than others. It is able to slow down any racing thoughts, helping the consumer to mellow out.

This strain induces a dreamy and euphoric headspace, with a tendency to increase happiness. The light psychoactive effects may provoke introspection and make your surroundings more vibrant, however these will soon fade as the sedation slowly starts to set in. Given these effects, this strain is mostly recommended for nighttime use, particularly right before bed.

One of the many reasons Northern Lights is such a popular strain is its numerous medical benefits. This strain has analgesic properties and is often utilised to manage all sorts of aches and pains throughout the body. This includes chronic pain, joint pain, cancer-related pain, muscle tension, headaches, migraines and even inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. It can also quell nausea and is a potent appetite stimulator, which is helpful in managing the side-effects of conditions such as cancer and anorexia.

When combined with the mind-numbing high, this strain's mood-lifting effects are helpful in combatting symptoms related to depression, anxiety and PTSD. Many consumers turn to this strain as a way to de-stress after a long day. The condition that Northern Lights is the most effecting in managing though is insomnia. Sedation, pain relief and anxiolytic effects are the perfect recipe for putting your mind and body at ease to enjoy a good night's sleep.

That would be good for just about any old broke down creaky fugger!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 22 CF chamber? - 05/15/21
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Nighger Head is electric.

Kinda looks like an Electra-Dyne sheave on the deck.

There's some Electra-Dyne kicking around,but as electric units go,the Safe T Haulers steal the show and that is of course what's pictured. Hint.

Some guys like a gas powered 'head and others use a dedicated Honda-esque powerplant to make hydraulic pullers(nice to use a single fuel source). Were it my mainstay,I'd simply tap into the D4 260 diesel for a hydraulics,on my biggest boat. Guys doing it for pay checks,all of course run hydraulic sheaves. The Electric Avenue is nice to plug/play and get out of the way. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all,as the Crying Karens "get" to read about it and practice their GoogleFu while trying feverishly to keep pace. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
© 24hourcampfire