Home
Posted By: JCMCUBIC McMillan Hunter drop at comb? - 06/15/21
Specs for the McMillan Hunter show a drop at comb of .75". For some reason I thought it had a higher comb/less drop. I've got a setup with Hawkins rings that are higher than I like and was thinking the Mc Hunter might help me out. I've had the Remington Hunter on a heavy barrel and it seemed like it had a higher comb....but it's been a while.

Anyone have feedback on the Hunter's comb height? Thanks

https://mcmillanusa.com/stock/mcmillan-hunter-winchester-hunter-sako-hunter/
I don't recall the McM Hunter stock as being one with a high comb. I've moved on from the Hunter to either the Game Hunter, Game Stalker, or Mesa Precision Attitude when a stock with a high low comb is desired.

Edit - meant to say high comb, not low comb.
I've no desire for a low comb.
You should look at the McMillan Game Stalker.....just switched a couple rifles over from Rem Hunters. The stock works great with higher mounted optics & is very similar to the McMillan Hunter.
How is the grip on the Game Stalker, compared to Hunter?

Longer or shorter... meaning.. more room for fingers?
Posted By: 805 Re: McMillan Hunter drop at comb? - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by Northman
How is the grip on the Game Stalker, compared to Hunter?

Longer or shorter... meaning.. more room for fingers?

The game stalker is very nice. IMO the grip is a little more vertical and a little less palm swell than a Rem Hunter. Great stock.
Or you could get a Triad stock pack. I know, that’s not nearly as fun as buying a new stock.
Yeah, I'll probably just go with a beartooth comb kit. It works well and this is a lighter weight rifle I'd rather not add more weight to.
The grip is similar to the McMillan Hunter.....slightly more vertical but very close.
© 24hourcampfire