Home
Posted By: gene270 new nosler rifle - 09/29/21
nosler has a new rifle out or coming i should say...the model 21 looks pretty nice
Posted By: pullit Re: new nosler rifle - 09/29/21
I have heard good and bad about their other rifles, what is the real scoop, good or bad?
Posted By: TonyRumore Re: new nosler rifle - 09/29/21
Yet another rifle with a cheesy plastic stock.
Believe it or not, there are some guys that don't buy plastic stocked rifles or plastic pistols.

Tony
Posted By: gene270 Re: new nosler rifle - 09/29/21
well they make a wood stocked 48 model you can buy
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: new nosler rifle - 09/29/21
Being the action is a Mack Bros design hopefully the action is not COAL hamstrung like every other Nosler LR rifle with trite mag confines.
Posted By: beretzs Re: new nosler rifle - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Being the action is a Mack Bros design hopefully the action is not COAL hamstrung like every other Nosler LR rifle with trite mag confines.

I think it is a bit longer. Can’t remember where I read it but they chamber it in 375 H&H so it’s at least 3.6”.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: new nosler rifle - 09/30/21
Looks pretty nice, similar to the Barrett Fieldcraft but about $500 more. I imagine you could build your own with a Mack Bros action, bbl, trigger, bottom metal and Mc, Manners or AG stock for close to that price.
Posted By: Puddle Re: new nosler rifle - 09/30/21
Nice they included the scope bases, and that the muzzle thread protector doesn't look like a wart at the tip of a nose.

I also asked them today where is it noted in the online literature the guaranteed accuracy for a $2495 rifle. Like perhaps, "1 MOA for 3 rounds from the bench using premium factory ammunition". ???
Posted By: iddave Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
Like what I see,…other than the notably low comb height.

When will gun manufacturers figure out that no one is using iron sights anymore.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
I’ve heard Luke warm reviews of their model 48. Never got me too excited to buy one.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
The 48 seems like pretty much an investment cast Howa. This one looks better, but the limited cartridge choices mean it fills no gaps for me. I could go for a fast-twist .22/250 or 7-08, even a fast-twist .270, but the Nosler rounds don’t interest me.

The 6.5 PRC is in a SA. Wonder what the mag box length is?
Posted By: dale06 Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Puddle
Nice they included the scope bases, and that the muzzle thread protector doesn't look like a wart at the tip of a nose.

I also asked them today where is it noted in the online literature the guaranteed accuracy for a $2495 rifle. Like perhaps, "1 MOA for 3 rounds from the bench using premium factory ammunition". ???

An alternative is to have a custom built with a good composite stock, custom barrel, trued action, aftermarket trigger, cartridge of your choice, at less money.
And in all likelyhood, it will easy shoot five shots sub 1” easy.
Posted By: beretzs Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
It would be cool to see some more fast twisted standards...
Posted By: jk16 Re: new nosler rifle - 10/01/21
It appears Nosler is using that line of guns to promote their own Nolser Cartridges. I can't blame them for that but ignoring the .223 ,243, .270 and 30-06 is just stupid .

Especially if Nosler's marketing department was smart enough to offer them with faster twisted barrels( the 243 and 270)
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: new nosler rifle - 10/08/21
Moving products would be a good idea if you asked me.

30-06 and the others are great cartridges. Shouldn’t they be chamber’s in great rifles.
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: new nosler rifle - 10/08/21
I currently own 3 Nosler M48 rifles.

1 is a Nosler patriot in 6.5-284
1 is a Nosler Custom in 6.5-284
And the last is a Nosler custom in 270WSM

All three are superb rifles, very accurate and not finicky at all with custom loads. I’ve killed many game animals with each and will continue doing so. None of the stocks are cheap, and they are properly bedded with good quality barrels. What really makes them shine is how well they feed and extract shells.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: new nosler rifle - 10/08/21
Reminds me of the Christensen Mesa.

700 style nitride treated action.
SS threaded barrel
Trigger tech trigger
Carbon composite stocks with similar lines.

The Nosler is nearly twice the price though.
Posted By: Northman Re: new nosler rifle - 10/09/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The 48 seems like pretty much an investment cast Howa. This one looks better, but the limited cartridge choices mean it fills no gaps for me. I could go for a fast-twist .22/250 or 7-08, even a fast-twist .270, but the Nosler rounds don’t interest me.

The 6.5 PRC is in a SA. Wonder what the mag box length is?

Howa is not investment cast. Bolt and action is machined from a piece of steel.
[Linked Image from howa.co.jp]
[Linked Image from howa.co.jp]
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: new nosler rifle - 10/11/21
I love my model 48, 30-06 I bought used, here on the fire. 1”-1.5” groups at 200 if I do my part. Trigger shoe is a little thin for my liking but may replace it w a Timney.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: new nosler rifle - 10/11/21
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
© 24hourcampfire