Home
I just had a local stock wizard do this conversion for me. Super pleased with the results. You wouldn’t know the stock was designed for a floor plate.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice! who painted it?
The gentleman that did the work.
That’s really nice. Did you lose any mag capacity? I’d strongly consider having that done. How much did the work cost?
We are in Canada, so that prohibits some, but all in it was $350 and that included the paint job. You also do go to four round capacity.
Let me guess, the Wildcat composites guy did the work? I wish we could order stuff from him in ‘Murica.

I recently fitted a blind mag Winlite stock to my kid’s 9.3. It also ended up with a four round capacity. I like blind mags. Around here I’ve gone through brush so thick that it pops the release and all my rounds dump out on the ground.
It wasn’t Stuart, no, but he does good work. The guy that did mine is also well known across the country for his work with synthetic stocks.

This rifle had PT&G bottom metal on it originally and would dump the magazine contents on the ground routinely.
Nice looking work,, enjoy!
Originally Posted by squidman
Very nice! who painted it?

The answer to that question seems to be top secret. <eye roll>
Super Cub. The individual might not want his name plastered across the internet. For a very good reason. So roll your eyes all you want. I have answered PM’s with the information.
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Super Cub. The individual might not want his name plastered across the internet. For a very good reason. So roll your eyes all you want. I have answered PM’s with the information.

Why not just say that without being so kryptic then? <eye roll>
That looks good buddy. I have a Defiance Deviant and have ordered the blank already. That will definitely become a blind mag as well. I guess for me I don’t see the need for bottom metal with a CRF action.

Did you see any weight savings?
Originally Posted by beretzs

Beretz's, if you're going from all-steel bottom metal to an aluminum blind trigger bow you'll see savings, especially considering you're losing the weight of one round. If you're going from PT&G Aluminum 1-piece to an aluminum blind trigger guard the weight savings is negligible, perhaps an ounce for the bottom metal (the filled-in area at the bottom of the magazine well adds a tiny bit of weight). My guess is it's no more than a 2oz - 2.5 oz savings including the lost round, but I'll be interested to hear what Pathfinder says from actual experience!

I far and away prefer a blind magazine.

Nice looking rig Pathfinder! I have three M70 "ADL" trigger guards for upcoming projects.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Pathfinder, with all the eye rolling it’s hard to tell but I think you were just compared to Superman!

Nice rifle!
I wish there was someone in 'Murica who did work like this.
Originally Posted by RickF
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Pathfinder, with all the eye rolling it’s hard to tell but I think you were just compared to Superman!

Nice rifle!

Lol! Thanks!
Scotty, thanks!

Brad, you are spot on regarding weight. :-)
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Kevin Weaver will do it fellas. He’s pretty good with stock work.
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by beretzs

Beretz's, if you're going from all-steel bottom metal to an aluminum blind trigger bow you'll see savings, especially considering you're losing the weight of one round. If you're going from PT&G Aluminum 1-piece to an aluminum blind trigger guard the weight savings is negligible, perhaps an ounce for the bottom metal (the filled-in area at the bottom of the magazine well adds a tiny bit of weight). My guess is it's no more than a 2oz - 2.5 oz savings including the lost round, but I'll be interested to hear what Pathfinder says from actual experience!

I far and away prefer a blind magazine.

Nice looking rig Pathfinder! I have three M70 "ADL" trigger guards for upcoming projects.

Thanks Brad. Appreciate it.
Originally Posted by pabucktail

There are quite a few, actually. -Al
I just had a local stock wizard do this conversion for me. Super pleased with the results. You wouldn’t know the stock was designed for a floor plate.

Nicely done! smile -Al
I do a lot of work on composite/fiberglass stocks.
I've converted HS Det Mag stocks to BDl and ADL.
I've converted left hand to right hand, done adjustable combs and repaired KS stock that someone tried to make into a BDL, returning it back to ADL.
I'm working on converting a Beretta Mato to fit a Rem 700 ADL long action.
Good thing about fiberglass is, if you don't like it, grind it out and do it over.
Here are a few pictures

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
A few more pics

[Linked Image]

After getting the outside built up with layers of cloth and resin, I put a layer on the inside

[Linked Image]

Here are a few pics of the Beretta

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the link to an adjustable comb I did on a HS stock
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...adjustable-comb-on-hs-stock#Post16397999
A few pics of the left hand HS being converted

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beautiful work.

Pathfinder: Is the magazine spring anchored or located in any way?

Reason I ask is that I've got a pre-64 in a Bansner stock, ADL style. Feeding is mostly good but sometimes there is a hiccup. I'm wondering if it's because the magazine spring can float around/shift position against the inside of the stock. Played with various springs and followers, which sort of seemed to help, but thinking of trying to locate the base of the mag spring with an epoxy pad.

So sort of wondering how your guy handled it...
Originally Posted by TX35W
Beautiful work.

Pathfinder: Is the magazine spring anchored or located in any way?

Reason I ask is that I've got a pre-64 in a Bansner stock, ADL style. Feeding is mostly good but sometimes there is a hiccup. I'm wondering if it's because the magazine spring can float around/shift position against the inside of the stock. Played with various springs and followers, which sort of seemed to help, but thinking of trying to locate the base of the mag spring with an epoxy pad.

So sort of wondering how your guy handled it...

You can get a magazine spring locator from the old model 670. Check eBay. That will do the trick.
Thanks Brad. Much appreciated.

Edit: Numrich has them. On the way. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by TX35W
Thanks Brad. Much appreciated.

Edit: Numrich has them. On the way. Thanks again.

Great! That’s where I got mine… didn’t occur to me they’d still have any.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/286420B
Mine is located with a bit of a well to prevent movement fore and aft.
© 24hourcampfire