Home
Posted By: haazrob 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/03/22
I’m been looking up old pictures of them. How about some new ones from you guys that have them. Hunting pics are a bonus. I don’t have one yet but enjoy seeing what you guys have. Rob
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/03/22
Ignore this thread, do NOT post pics.

It may end up costing me $$

grin
Posted By: Lowgun Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/03/22
I guess everyone has pictures of Warren Page's 7MM Mashburn. Field and Stream was full of them.
Posted By: hanco Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/03/22
BobinNH had one.
Posted By: Brad Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by hanco
BobinNH had one.

Dober gave Bob his 7mm Mashburn reamer to build it. Of course Dober knew Bob Hagel, and it was their relationship that kindled his abiding interest in the Mashburn. I believe Dober’s on his 3rd or 4th one.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
Is this reamer still around? What a great connection.

(I understand that BobinNH has passed)
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
I miss BobinNH. He was always interesting and constructive.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
I just bought a 1969 Rem 700 in 7mm RM SS Bbl - my first 7mm Rem - that I’d consider running a reamer thru to continue the legacy.
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft

Pints, I’m sure Mark’s got the reamer, but I’ll double check with him.

Aside, my dad flew Warren Page from Billings to elk camp in Wyoming (assuming it was Bowman’s outside Cody) sometime around 1954, or 55’. Dad doesn’t remember the exact year, but did remark Page loaded the plane down with about a dozen rifles. I can only assume “Old Betsy” was one of them!
A very cool caliber!
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
I just bought a 1969 Rem 700 in 7mm RM SS Bbl - my first 7mm Rem - that I’d consider running a reamer thru to continue the legacy.

I’ve got a great one for you POC if you’d like to borrow it. I’ve been thru a few of them, although not as many as Dober.

Here’s my current one.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

And here’s my first one that was a rechambered M70 PF 7 Rem Mag.

And here is Pages

Originally Posted by beretzs

I’ve got a great one for you POC if you’d like to borrow it. I’ve been thru a few of them, although not as many as Dober.

You’re the Mashburn standard bearer here on the Campfire now that Bob’s gone, and Dober’s in posting retirement!

I think you’d love it. But I’m jaded as a reader of Hagel and a younger man that Bob bent my ear pretty well about the attributes of the Mashburn. So far other than brass forming I can’t find a single thing to not like about it.

These were on my last time out with it.

Plus this new one really likes the 175 Bitterroots which as Brad may get ties the entire package together for me.

Originally Posted by Brad

You’re the Mashburn standard bearer here on the Campfire now that Bob’s gone, and Dober’s in posting retirement!

I’ll wear that badge Brad. With a bunch’a pride.

Thumbs up^^^
Posted By: haazrob Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
I have a 700 7mag with a 24” barrel that just hasn’t wowed me yet. Maybe it’s time for a change? Barrel length concerns me. Is it enough for the extra powder? Has any one tried any reloader 26 in a Mashburn yet?
I love the contrast of the recoil pad. What make is the recoil pad and stock?
Originally Posted by haazrob
I have a 700 7mag with a 24” barrel that just hasn’t wowed me yet. Maybe it’s time for a change? Barrel length concerns me. Is it enough for the extra powder? Has any one tried any reloader 26 in a Mashburn yet?

24” is perfect in my book. Mines a 25”, only cause I’m weird like that. My original was 24 and I’d do it again with no remorse.

26 works excellent with everything from 120-175 that I’ve tried. The Mashburn works great with anything from H4831 to RL33. Tons of case capacity to work with the slow stuff without compressing it much. I’m liking 570 right now but H1000 is a good one too. As is Retumbo.

I love the contrast of the recoil pad. What make is the recoil pad and stock?

It’s a Hunters Compact EDGE stock with a Pachmayr. So far I’ve got no complaints about the current stock. Thank you.

Back to this. We have a reamer that puts a 160 AB touching at 3.605 which works awesome for M70’s. Bob also has a Henricksen reamer that I’m not sure if the specs but could probably find for you. The best option is to get Kevin Weaver to use his reamer and throat it to the longest nosed bullet you wanna use.

I used a 175 ELD to touch at 3.575 so I can use the ELD types in the magazine and 175 PTs and similar will seat a bit shorter but still not be deep enough in the case to cause compression issues.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
Every freaking time you guys start one of these threads it makes me want to build.

The only thing holding me back is my 7mm Rem Mag stacks 160 Accubonds at 3100 fps.
What’s your load to get that velocity in your 7mag? How long is your barrel? I want a Mashburn, but if I could get that velocity in my 7mag, I would have to find a donor gun for a Mashburn.
What’s your load to get that velocity in your 7mag? How long is your barrel? I want a Mashburn, but if I could get that velocity in my 7mag, I would have to find a donor gun for a Mashburn.

I use 7828SSC, 24" bbl.

Without looking at my notes the charge is either 66.0 or 68.0gr.

Rem brass, Fed215M.

Velocity measured by LabRadar

I may load the 180 Scenar over RL26 just because I can't leave well enough alone.
Posted By: Teal Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/04/22
I read all of these and to be honest, I don't even know what it is. What the parent cartridge is or what advantage it has over the 7 rem mag.
Originally Posted by Teal
I read all of these and to be honest, I don't even know what it is. What the parent cartridge is or what advantage it has over the 7 rem mag.

More case capacity.

Equivalent to the 7mm Dakota or 7mm-300 Win Mag.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Every freaking time you guys start one of these threads it makes me want to build.

The only thing holding me back is my 7mm Rem Mag stacks 160 Accubonds at 3100 fps.

It’s no big trick to get 3200 with the same, sometimes a bit more.

Bobs load with 75.5 of H1000 went 3200 and change from my original. Retumbo or similar will get a skosh more.

I’ve been on a 175 kick so that’s netted me around 3050-3100 pretty easily.

Oh, and I use RWS 300 Win cases to form up Mashburn cases. Same same as the 7-300 basically.
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22

Back to this. We have a reamer that puts a 160 AB touching at 3.605 which works awesome for M70’s. Bob also has a Henricksen reamer that I’m not sure if the specs but could probably find for you. The best option is to get Kevin Weaver to use his reamer and throat it to the longest nosed bullet you wanna use.

I used a 175 ELD to touch at 3.575 so I can use the ELD types in the magazine and 175 PTs and similar will seat a bit shorter but still not be deep enough in the case to cause compression issues.

I originally ordered that reamer. Then Rick got it, then on to Bob. I couldn’t find it when I went to rebarrel my Mashburn. So I pouted and went with a straight longish throated Remington 7.
Posted By: John55 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
I’ve burned out the barrel on mine and will be rebarreling soon. Have a new reamer with a shorter throat than the one used on my first barrel. Mine has delivered speeds that are typically around 80-100 fps above my Rem mag. It’s a great cartridge if you don’t mind the fire forming or neck reaming to remove the donuts. Only need to do that once, thankfully!
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

I originally ordered that reamer. Then Rick got it, then on to Bob. I couldn’t find it when I went to rebarrel my Mashburn. So I pouted and went with a straight longish throated Remington 7.

We have it now buddy. Matt sent me a picture of it.

Do you have the specs on that reamer by chance? Can’t remember if Rick had sent them to me or not?
Posted By: Swamplord Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22

Is this what y'all are talking about ?

The 7mm LRM from Gunwerks has Identical case capacity, based on a shortened 375 Ruger/300PRC

I'd just do a 28 Nosler and call it good, don't have to drive it hard to match velocity but you can always step on it when needed ... Also performs way better with bullets heavier than 180 gr

....[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Is this what y'all are talking about ?

The 7mm LRM from Gunwerks has Identical case capacity, based on a shortened 375 Ruger/300PRC

I'd just do a 28 Nosler and call it good, don't have to drive it hard to match velocity but you can always step on it when needed ... Also performs way better with bullets heavier than 180 gr

....[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I agree, if you want easy then the 28 Nosler is definitely that. I got my first Mashburn before the 28 Nosler hit the streets and I have been too stubborn to change. You're right though, the 28 is good for another 100 FPS on the Mashburn, at least the few I have worked with.
Posted By: Brad Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22

You're missing the point. Using a Mashburn has little or nothing to do with logic. It's about the history of the round and an emotional/romanticized attachment to it. I always gave Dober a hard time for this, but I do get it. About the only thing I can say is it's cheaper to buy 300WM brass and form it, than buy 280 Nosler brass... unless of course your time is only worth $1.10 per hour grin

You're missing the point. Using a Mashburn has little or nothing to do with logic. It's about the history of the round and an emotional/romanticized attachment to it. I always gave Dober a hard time for this, but I do get it. About the only thing I can say is it's cheaper to buy 300WM brass and form it, than buy 280 Nosler brass... unless of course your time is only worth $1.10 per hour grin

Nailed it. I will tell anyone what I know, but if they really want the easy button, the 28 Nosler makes more sense.. I gave up on sense awhile back. Now I just do what I want grin
Posted By: Swamplord Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
Naw man I get it,

I bought a bunch of Lapua & Peterson 300 Win Mag brass and cut it down & formed 350 Rem Mag brass out of it, seems nobody cares for it anymore but I'm still messing with it
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
Dont know the reamer stories, but whatever reamer Nathan at Hillbilly rifles had is the one that got sent to Redneck for my 7 Masher.

Nailed it. I will tell anyone what I know, but if they really want the easy button, the 28 Nosler makes more sense.. I gave up on sense awhile back. Now I just do what I want grin

YA, Chuck Norris and Art Mashburn are both from Oklahoma! gotta be something to that ; ]............................................grin
Naw man I get it,

I bought a bunch of Lapua & Peterson 300 Win Mag brass and cut it down & formed 350 Rem Mag brass out of it, seems nobody cares for it anymore but I'm still messing with it

Nope, same here, big fan of the 35's as well. No good reason for it, other than they work great for what I do.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Dont know the reamer stories, but whatever reamer Nathan at Hillbilly rifles had is the one that got sent to Redneck for my 7 Masher.

That is Matt Hoffman's reamer. Probably one of the best run it in the tube reamers out there that I know of. I used that one for my first Mashburn.
The write up about the MSM below that print is wrong, the MSM is not the longest of the versions Art Mashburn created. It's actually the shorter one of the two. The long one is basically an STW as it was made on full length H&H cases.
I have a copy of Matt's reamer that I will sell if anyone is interested.
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

We have it now buddy. Matt sent me a picture of it.

Do you have the specs on that reamer by chance? Can’t remember if Rick had sent them to me or not?

I have it somewhere. I’ll see if I can dig it up.
You sent me the print, which I have just now sent to Scotty. Gene Simillion has Keith Stegall's reamer, which is an original Mashburn spec. He and Page were buddies and Keith built more than one rifle for Page. It has a very short throat by today's standards.
Naw man I get it,

Nope, same here, big fan of the 35's as well. No good reason for it, other than they work great for what I do.

That is Matt Hoffman's reamer. Probably one of the best run it in the tube reamers out there that I know of. I used that one for my first Mashburn.

Thanks buddy B, it's a hell of a cartridge and build Redneck put together for me, iirc You and SKane got that reamer from Nathan to Redneck.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
All right, I surrender.

Who has a Mashburn for sale?

Winchester 70 only.
All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

Mine's always for sale for the right price..... whistle

But, I think you'd like one you had put together NYR.. I think between all of us and you knowing what you like you'd have a helluva set up. Throw a Bridges on a P64, tuned up Classic or a Defiance, along with a 1-8 barrel and you'd be running in style in no time.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

grin
Posted By: haazrob Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22

100% correct!
Posted By: haazrob Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22
All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

grin

All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

grin

This could get interesting!
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/05/22

Thumbs up^^^

Absolutely! Thanks fellas for sharing a few personal stories & experiences.

Here is the new to me 700 that I’d consider running that reamer. What dies it take to form brass?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here is that 700 AWR in 7mm RUM that I’ve talked about before. Not sure why I’d need both 7mm’s but a Mashburn is something that I’ve always wanted. Logic seldom plays into these devices unions tho.

Again, great posts guys.

Tim

Absolutely! Thanks fellas for sharing a few personal stories & experiences.

Here is the new to me 700 that I’d consider running that reamer. What dies it take to form brass?

Here is that 700 AWR in 7mm RUM that I’ve talked about before. Not sure why I’d need both 7mm’s but a Mashburn is something that I’ve always wanted. Logic seldom plays into these devices unions tho.

Again, great posts guys.

Tim

Here is the die set I use

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011811879

On my first gun, I just used RCBS FL dies though. I lubed up the cases real well and stuffed them into the FL die and it worked fine as well. My Redding's don't work for beans doing that, so I got the RCBS form and trim dies. Those make it a snap if you can find them.

That 7 RUM is a cool rifle. Another I wouldn't need it, but I'd find a use for it sorta rifle grin

That old Remington is pretty slick. That'd make a slick one.
Now you’ve got me thinking - I’m flush with 300 WM cases & could start looking for that die. Meanwhile I may order some FL RCBS to encourage me.

Maybe I could ship this old Rem to MT to a gunsmith that either Brad or Dober know. I don’t have anyone here in VT that could do the work any better.

The wheels are turning…thanks alot Gents 😜
Now you’ve got me thinking - I’m flush with 300 WM cases & could start looking for that die. Meanwhile I may order some FL RCBS to encourage me.

Maybe I could ship this old Rem to MT to a gunsmith that either Brad or Dober know. I don’t have anyone here in VT that could do the work any better.

The wheels are turning…thanks alot Gents 😜

Actually, Nathan Chesney in VT has the reamer in his shop right now. I'd trust him to get it done I believe.

HILLBILLY CUSTOM RIFLES LLC. 236 Maple Ridge Newport VT 05855
Interesting! That’s too easy. Isn’t he the guy that makes sweet R760 mods & rebore jobs?
I just left Nathan a message - I’m sure we can sort out the details. Thanks @Beretzs!
Interesting! That’s too easy. Isn’t he the guy that makes sweet R760 mods & rebore jobs?

He is the man that will build a 760/7600 to whatever you want. He does some great work.

JES is the man that does rebores.
Your gun and money, but personally I'd not touch a vintage 700 like you have. As years pass those old original 700s are becoming more valuable, I know I'd love to grab one like yours! Find a newer one on a used rack and ream it, JMO.
I just left Nathan a message - I’m sure we can sort out the details. Thanks @Beretzs!

No worries. Let me know what he says.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/06/22
Still waiting on his call back - I’ll let you know what comes up.

John55 - I hear ya. In this case I’ve got a clean Classic and have always sentimentally wanted a Mashburn. I agree though that the older R700 has come cache but after going thru the bedding and swapping the trigger I really want a Mashburn & to kill something thru that old vintage Leupold 3-9 before I get a more appropriate glass. I’m more of a hunter vs collector so my pieces seem to lean heavily on practicality & function.
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/06/22
POC….

AS Bob told me. Run the reamer and enjoy it grin
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/06/22
All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

But, I think you'd like one you had put together NYR.. I think between all of us and you knowing what you like you'd have a helluva set up. Throw a Bridges on a P64, tuned up Classic or a Defiance, along with a 1-8 barrel and you'd be running in style in no time.

I've been tempted on more than one occasion!
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/06/22
All right, I surrender.

Winchester 70 only.

I've been tempted on more than one occasion!

I like it a lot. Maybe this year we can meet up. Figure out a place to let you stretch it out. It really is a peach.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/21/22

Still trying to connect - thought I’d update you - pretty pumped to get a 7MB going
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22

Still trying to connect - thought I’d update you - pretty pumped to get a 7MB going

He’s not calling you back POC?

If he doesn’t get back to you I know Kevin Weaver can and will do it as well.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22
I’ll call him again on Monday - Im sure he’s been busy
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22
Kevin's done a couple of rifles for me.

Quality work.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22

Bob sent me his reamer
Man, that looks horrible RC!

On a darned A-Bolt nonetheless!
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Bob sent me his reamer

RC, same rifle, same barrel?
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/22/22
Outstanding!!
Man, that looks horrible RC!

On a darned A-Bolt nonetheless!

Lol

RC, same rifle, same barrel?

Not sure if I understand the question, but yeah, that’s the same rifle and barrel chambered with Bob’s reamer. I just put the barreled action in a McMillan A3–5, and put a Leupold Mark 5 on it.
That’s a slick set up and man does it shoot RC. I remember back when Bob was talking about you using his reamer for that rifle.

I assume it was the Henricksen reamer?
I’m not sure of the maker, but I had Manson duplicate it for me.

Bob sent diagrams of it. I’ll see if I still have them
Yup. That’s the one I was thinking of.

That’s a gem of a reamer.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
A very cool caliber!

Cartridge
You are right!
Posted By: beretzs Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22

Just for comparison to a 7 Rem Mag

Forming the Mashburn from 300 Win.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22

Just for comparison to a 7 Rem Mag

Forming the Mashburn from 300 Win.

You. Are. Killing. Me.
Kind of a good story about Bob. He extolled the virtues of the Mashburn and eventually wore me down. Didn’t take much. So I paid a 100 bucks and a borrowed a reamer from Bobs buddy Matt.

I acquired a bunch of 300 Win brass and using Bobs (actually Dobers) recipe of 65 grains of 4350 and a 139/140 grain bullet I formed up 50 cases.

I put a 6x42 on top. Formed up 50 cases.

Well Bob said H1000 was good so I didn’t argue. I used 160 Partitions and Accubonds.

I showed Bob everything I shot that day. He said “Scotty, I use 75.5, give it a try”

I quit right there for that year and Hunted elk with that load that fall.
Mysterious like, talking about this thread, Bob Hagel’s saint made an email appear in my inbox. I hope I’m not going to get a verbal whooping but I’m putting up the pictures. The subject of the email was “Deceased via the Mashburn”

120 TTSX

168 Nosler Accubond LR

150 Ballistic Tip

150 TTSX

Shrike stock, EDGE fill

And a Fence Post pic

Very nice.
If I were younger, I would have one.. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
If I were younger, I would have one.. Enjoy!

Treat yourself WCH!
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Kind of a good story about Bob. He extolled the virtues of the Mashburn and eventually wore me down. Didn’t take much. So I paid a 100 bucks and a borrowed a reamer from Bobs buddy Matt.

I acquired a bunch of 300 Win brass and using Bobs (actually Dobers) recipe of 65 grains of 4350 and a 139/140 grain bullet I formed up 50 cases.

I put a 6x42 on top. Formed up 50 cases.

Well Bob said H1000 was good so I didn’t argue. I used 160 Partitions and Accubonds.

I showed Bob everything I shot that day. He said “Scotty, I use 75.5, give it a try”

I quit right there for that year and Hunted elk with that load that fall.

Holy Mackerel! What a treasure trove of great info. Thanks for posting both the data & a memory of Bob. You’re unintentionally setting a 2/0 hook into my Mashburn needy cheek - I’ll call Hillbilly again in the morning & see if I can set something up.

Tim
Dober is to blame as well. He’s really the string puller behind this thing. I believe he worked Bobby pretty hard. My influence was Hagel as a lad the. Bob after Dober got him! It’s a good one.

Bob had just passed when I got mine. Wanted to remember him.

Bob had just passed when I got mine. Wanted to remember him.

Wow that is quite a tribute to his legacy. Well done.
As for Hagel, he was the reason I was shooting my 340 Wby at Blacktail out in CA. Later when I felt over-gunned, lol, I bought a 300Wby which of course was loaded with more 7828 than was needed. I remember blaming ‘crappy Winchester brass’ for the primer pockets expanding and ‘only’ giving me 2 firings @3300 with a 180 NP. Crazy days of youth influenced by Hagel.
Ah he was just a great guy. He was one of the fellas that just got it.

He even has a 6.5 CM at the end too. But his 270 went hunting more.
I remember him mentioning the 6.5 Creed in some of his last posts - seemed like he was always the curious type and reserved judgement till he knew for himself
What the facts were. I never communicated with him but wish I had jumped into the conversation earlier after his passing. Voice of reason he was.
Oh yeah. I can remember all of that myself.

I always wanted a 340 cause of him but got stuck with a great P64 338 so the 340 has never came to be.
I remember him mentioning the 6.5 Creed in some of his last posts - seemed like he was always the curious type and reserved judgement till he knew for himself
What the facts were. I never communicated with him but wish I had jumped into the conversation earlier after his passing. Voice of reason he was.

Oh yeah. I remember him calling me from the range saying geeze Scotty, this thing drops alot more at 400 yards than my 270. I said yeah it will drop a bit more. He wasn’t really into it. Nice rifle and all but I knew it wouldn’t ever replace his 270’s.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Nathan might have been at SCI. I have talked with him there before. It just ended yesterday.
Posted By: fshaw Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Great thread. Thank you.
Posted By: pete53 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
i always wanted a bigger cartridge for elk hunting and the 7 mm Mashburn was always on my list but never got one > DANG IT ! had 2 friends one worked for ammo manufacture he gave me 200 rounds of once fired Lapua 338 brass and the other friend gave me 150 new 338 Lapua brass and 2 loaded boxes and about 40 once fired 338 Lapua brass so that`s the rifle i decided to get and then put a new Brux barrel chambered in a 338 Lapua shoots great . but i still have my eyes open for a neat 7mm Mashburn cartridge rifle, with ammo, and dies even at my age i guess because i am just a foolish older Loony !
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by fshaw
Great thread. Thank you.

Yes, beautiful rifles men, my 7 Masher is U-GLY!
Great thread. Thank you.

Ah, mine is too! I don't like to call it ugly though.. Just built that way on purpose. laugh
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Nathan might have been at SCI. I have talked with him there before. It just ended yesterday.

Ah gotcha! I wondered about that - I’ll be ringing him after lunch
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/24/22
Great thread. Thank you.

Ah, mine is too! I don't like to call it ugly though.. Just built that way on purpose. laugh

LOL, Yep.
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/27/22
Here's my Mashburn. Bob and Scotty had a lot of influence is convincing me of the need... Kevin Weaver built the rig on a Kimber action, and I had the stock hydrodipped. I've had it for 3 or 4 years now and have taken a couple of Elk and mule deer as well as a few hogs and whitetails.

Dale

[Linked Image]

Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/28/22
Originally Posted by mtnman1
Here's my Mashburn. Bob and Scotty had a lot of influence is convincing me of the need... Kevin Weaver built the rig on a Kimber action, and I had the stock hydrodipped. I've had it for 3 or 4 years now and have taken a couple of Elk and mule deer as well as a few hogs and whitetails.

Dale

[Linked Image]

Dale, what's that weigh?
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/28/22
I haven’t weighed it but I believe all in it’s right at about 8lbs. Bare rifle is about 6lbs 13oz give or take
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/28/22

Dale

[Linked Image]

Dale, what's that weigh?

Perfect setup for your new build NYR, great idea and build MM1, bet it's a pleasure carrying over elk mountains, what bullet do you use, mine likes 160 Accubond over H-1000.
Ran a few bergers, when I first got this rig, but mainly running the 175 partitions nowadays. If I ever get my hands on some LRX's I'd like to give them a try... H1000 is my go to after reading about its wonders from Bob for all those years.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/28/22
Thanks Dale. 8lbs isn't bad at all.
I have a factory 338 Kimber to match up with this one, so between the two, they make a pretty fine do it all pair. I have a similar pre-64 pair as well, although the pre-64 is a long throated 7mag. smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 7mm Mashburn pictures - 01/31/22
Ran a few bergers, when I first got this rig, but mainly running the 175 partitions nowadays. If I ever get my hands on some LRX's I'd like to give them a try... H1000 is my go to after reading about its wonders from Bob for all those years.

Nice, i'll give the LRX and any offering from Hammer bullets that'll run in an 8 twist barrel a look when my 160 AB's are gone.
© 24hourcampfire