Home
I noted the weight on the website increased. I emailed Grayboe and they said they aren’t making the lighter 25-27oz version anymore. There was a “change in the manufacturing process” causing the weight gain.

Just for y’alls information.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/09/22
I noticed that too. Kind of a shame, unless they were breaking or something
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/09/22
I have one of the earlier LW Outlanders. I wouldn't want a heavier one. Like it otherwise.
It sounds like there will be an “Outlander 2.0” coming out soon. Not sure what that will entail.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/10/22
Dang, it seems like just a couple months ago the were announcing a weight change with lighter materials. The Outlander starting to look good for a sporter.

I just got a terrain a week or so ago that I understood was lighter than the ones made 6 months ago. But come to think of it, I haven't weighed it. I'll try to get that done.
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/10/22
Sounds like they are going back to the heavy outlander and coming out with a lighter model stock so they can charge more than they were for the light weight outlander.
Posted By: 2500HD Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/10/22
You can get the light stock on EBay in 700 Remington LA BDL in black or Tan with black webbing. Only a few left. Just letting you know.
Posted By: Kevin24 Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/10/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
Dang, it seems like just a couple months ago the were announcing a weight change with lighter materials. The Outlander starting to look good for a sporter.

I just got a terrain a week or so ago that I understood was lighter than the ones made 6 months ago. But come to think of it, I haven't weighed it. I'll try to get that done.

Let me know what it weighs if you can, please. I just ordered a short action Grayboe Terrain last week and am really hoping it weighs 2lbs or less. If so, it seems like a very nice stock for the money.

OP - check it out. If you are looking for a sporter type stock - the Terrain is essentially that with a monte carlo style cheek which is a huge plus in my opinion!
I emailed Grayboe and it sounds like the change to heavier materials is temporary and a 2.0 version of the Outlander is coming.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Grayboe Outlander Changes - 03/13/22
Just a WAG, but maybe the light weight material in that particular configuration was not working out so well.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Just a WAG, but maybe the light weight material in that particular configuration was not working out so well.

That would suck, considering I have a couple. I also have the original and the only difference visually is the barrel channel is hogged out on the lighter one.
© 24hourcampfire